We stayed here for 21 days on a recent trip to Florida and although like others have mentioned it is pretty basic we were only there to sleep and shower so it did all we needed it to do.
Our room was nice and although cleaned daily we did notice that the suitcases had not been moved so the floor was not cleaned behind them, as you can imagine after 3 weeks the dust was pretty bad behind there, plus if we left anything on the unit by the tv the whole unit went uncleaned which again became rather dusty, im sure picking up a cup/book so that it could be dusted wouldnt have been a problem. The beds were made daily, fresh towels put in the bathroom and the bathroom was cleaned every day.
Staff were nice and helpful, tgi's is fantastic but the breakfast buffet can be a bit hit and miss, twice we went down and service and food was fantastic, another few times we went down there was no hot food ready and we were left waiting for quite a while, other times there were no plates and on one morning we had a server who couldnt honestly be bothered, took her time with everything and when my daughter asked for chocolate milk we were told there was none only for another server to bring chocolate milk to the table next to us? In the evening though the food, staff and service was spot on.
Our only real issue with this hotel is that people are coming and going all times of the day and night, and the walls/doors are so thin you hear everything resulting in a real lack of sleep, we had a family on our floor using the two rooms opposite ours, they would come home late (after midnight) with screaming kids that they would put to bed and then sit in the hall laughing, chatting, joking and then banging on each others doors, this was frustrating and other hotel guests asked them to keep it down but they didnt, they finally left and were replaced with a family that came in late who insisted on slamming the door each night and calling out to the other members of the party to get drinks ect! This was a shame and when mentioned to the desk staff we were told they had not had other complaints?!!
This was in a great location though, never far from any of the parks and international drive, the swimming pool was fab and just right for our two kids. If your looking for cheap and cheerful and wont be at your hotel much then this hotel is fine, just beware the possible lack of sleep
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando