I was there with my family for 2 nights. I would have to say the best department in the hotel was housekeeping. The room was clean, and the housekeeping department did a good job at that. However, they need to put some money into this hotel. The furniture, fixtures and bathroom mainly. It looks like the lobby was redone, and they must of put some money into the carpets and some new chairs in the room. I'm guessing they did this to keep the Holiday Inn flag. But the bathrooms, doors, and beds are old. The locks are hard to open with. My phone was missing buttons, the TV is old. The location was good, it was right across the street from Universal. I am used to higher end hotels, and due to a last minute booking and availability I selected this Holiday Inn. So if you are used to luxury then this is not the hotel for you. If you are on a budget and looking for a good location then go ahead and book it, also if you are not planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel room. Take a shower instead of a bath, the tub didn't look that good. Also, when we checked in at the front desk the agent really didn't seem to care. Well actually let me correct myself, I looked at her name tag and she was the Assistant Guest Services Manager. I was shocked, it seemed like she was making $7/hr and could care less that we were there. I don't know if she even made eye contact with us. And I think the only time she really spoke with us is when she was asking us to sign the registration and asking if we had a car. Another agent who checked in my friend's room was really friendly to the family in front of us, but then with my friend didn't seem to care. Maybe because we had a low rate?! I can't say that the hotel was all together horrible, but there are so many choices in Orlando that you can easily find something better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando