We chose this Hotel to be close to Universal Studios as well as fairly close to SeaWorld. We went through a travel agent we trust but when we got there, the front desk said that when we were booked, all that was left were smoking rooms. I wasn't happy but accepted it. He said he'd see what he could do after a few minutes on the computer, he said for another $25 a night we could get a 2 bedroom suite instead of the 2 king bed, single room we expected. I gladly took it and the four of us (wife, 13 yr old son, and 10 yr old daughter) really enjoyed the extra room! Having a fridge and 3 TV's (one in the living room. I stay up late watching TV which can't happen in a normal room due to the kids trying to sleep) was awesome for that little bit of extra money. These suites usually go for a lot more than I paid. Things were a little bit dated but I'm not that picky. We ate breakfast each morn at TGIFridays and used a voucher for our 10 yr old to be free. We of course ate at nice places for supper but TGIF was just fine for breakfast. I do agree with other's complaints about the shuttle system. You have to "reserve" it the day before or risk not getting a ticket. The return times are way too restrictive. SeaWorld only had one return time which was 7:20PM. We would have liked to stay another hour or two but couldn't because it's too far to walk. Which brings me to something about Universal and this Hotel. Despite the many complaints about how far it is...... give me a break ! All four of us are in good shape. It's maybe a mile from City Walk at the entrance of Universal to the hotel. We walked back to the hotel the days we went to Universal at the end of the day. There is a very nice sidewalk the entire way there. It's an EASY mile and was much more convenient than waiting for the shuttle. If we ever go back, I'll DEFINATELY stay here. Oh, the pool was very nice too. The beds were soooo comfy. They were better than my bed at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando