We stayed there for 4 nights in March Break while visiting Orlando.Our main reason to stay here was the great location the hotel had-it was 15mins walk to Universal Studios. We could avail the shuttle only one day and actually it takes longer in the shuttle as it picks up guests from Nearby Doubletree too. The last shuttle leaves the park around 8.10pm before the park closes so on all 3 nights we walked to the hotel late at night with my teenage daughters and did not face any problem as there were few other people walking too.
The standard room was spacious, but not fancy and had stains in the carpet .I learnt that they did some renovation a year back, however, the room condition did not reflect that. The rooms do not have lockers and we used the locker in the reception. This is a Universal partner hotel and you can get 10-15% discount in the Universal studios(in restaurants and stores) by using a card they provide. We had to ask for one-the reception did not provide us.
We picked up a Disney T shirt from the gift store and it was less expensive than Disney downtown stores.
Overall, I would say that the hotel had tremendous opportunity because of its proximity to the Universal Studios and a little bit of cleanliness and good customer service would make it a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando