We stayed there at the end of January 2013. We stayed there after returning from a Disney Cruise. While we were enjoying our last day in Orlando, at Universal Studios, someone stole my daughter's iPod, all of our iPod and iPhone charging cables and chargers, my dive camera with all of my dive video and photos from our trip, and our headphones. After everything was said and done, I was out $1400 dollars!!!!! We didn't realize that our stuff was missing until we got to the airport to catch our plane. We realized that our carryon with all the above items had been rifles through and the items were missing! We called the hotel upon returning to Canada and were advised by the hotel security manager, Dave Hall, that he would investigate. He got back to us shortly after and said that he did a thorough investigation and determined that the only one in our room was cleaning staff. He stated that he spoke with cleaning staff who denied stealing our items. He stated that they had been employees for some time and had never had any previous complaints or concerns. I was told to contact Orlando police. Nothing was ever done and I was out $1400.00 with no recourse!!!!
I normally put valuables in the room safe, but there was no safe in the room. I have stayed at Holiday Inn's all over the place and never had any issues in the past.
I am VERY disappointed with the hotel and their lack of trying to rectify the problem. I wonder how many other people have had this happen and just never reported it here????
Ensure to take your valuables with you when you stay here!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando