Stayed February 17 - February 23. Booked a 2 bedroom - 2 bath suite for my father and me. I asked for a room on the first floor or easily accessible by elevator as my father has difficulty walking and we brought his travel ECV with us. Requested a smoking room, which was not available on the first floor; but, the front desk accommodated my request without my even having to ask. Check in was quick and easy. The front desk staff was marvelous. The suite was on the first floor, the closest to the lobby, easily accessible with handicapped parking by the entrance, and very spacious. Dad could use his ECV and I could walk to Universal Studios. The reason I can't give the hotel an excellent rating is because the suite we were in was woefully in need of updating. It was looking worn and a bit sad. I don't know if other rooms have been updated, so I can only speak about the suite we were in. But, the beds were GREAT, it was very quiet and we did get great sleep, except for the night pipes on the 6th floor burst and water came all the way down to the first floor into our suite (minor - in the bathroom and the front closet - luckily we had nothing in the closet, so there was no damage). Agreed, things happen, and I do have to commend the staff on the way they handled it (at least for us). They offered to move us immediately, but we were fine (and moving dad would have been difficult at best). The staff was gracious. The next morning the fire alarms went off and the hotel was evacuated. The fire department determined that it was probably due to the flooding the previous night getting into the smoke detection system. I couldn't help but laugh. Even Dad had to chuckle. All in all, if the suite had been updated, I would have rated the hotel as very good to excellent. There is a Friday's attached to the hotel with interior access and the buffet was extensive and good. I find no fault with anything other than the need for updating. Holiday Inn - are you reading this? You have a great location, great staff, business center, spacious suites.... hopefully, you're planning on updating the first floor suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando