“Horrible! Waste of Time and $$$, Unfriendly Staff...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Celebration Inn on Lake Cecile

Royal Celebration Inn on Lake Cecile
Ranked #293 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Illinois
“Horrible! Waste of Time and $$$, Unfriendly Staff...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2009

I stayed a week at the Royal Celebration Inn wanting to take my son for the first time to see Disney World and regret taking my vacation due to this motel. The description for the motel sounds good on the internet, but once you get there the staff is VERY unfriendly, they do not inform you of time and location (detail) to the "FREE" shuttle bus that only picks you up in the very early morning hours. The breakfast food was cheap and gross. The rooms are very uncomfortable - - - CHEAP is exactly what you get nothing satifactory! When you need a taxi they call the most expensive taxi service available and don't tell you the price infomation till it's too late. I would NEVER stay at this place ever again! Very RUDE SERVICE!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2009

While planning my vacation to Disney World i look at the pictures of this hotel and keep it moving,however i book on priceline and got it. I google this hotel and read the reviews which were terrible and decided i had already paid and i would make the best of my vacation, when i got there with my four kids ages 18,15,12 and 2. I took my own sheets, pillowspillow cases and lots of Lysol Disinfectant spray and wipes. I got there after 9 at night and to my surprise it was totally different from what i expected. I requested a rollaway bed which cost $ 10 more but i was ok considering what i was paying for the room. The Staff was wonderful, everything worked in my room and the room was very clean. I asked for a new pillow and got it with no problem, also the microwave had burnt food in it i let the lady at the front desk know and i was told it could not be change until the next day and a new one was put in the next morning. we had breakfast every morning and enjoyed the pool i even spend an extra day (8) days total. I saw a total of about ten front desk staff on my stay and they were all very nice. I did not want housekeeping however every morning she would come and asked if i needed anything. I HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL..NOT SURE WHAT ALL THE COMPLAINS ARE ABOUT.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
missy, ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

Very empty parking lot upon arrival. Thats odd I thought it's spring break. When we finally got checked in I found out why. The room smelled off smoke and the rollaway we requested was not there so we called to see where it was. It was late and we were tired. Finally it came and to my surprise it was tied together with a garbage bag and it was dirty. The room was dirty. Chair had stains. Hair drier in the bathroom was broked on the electrical side so it could have zapped me if I had used it. thank goodness I did not. Breakfast was the best part of the stay. Pool did ot smell of chemicals so I worried it was not clean. Please beware of this place. I am easy to get along with but this place is a joke. Mold Mildew and who knows what else.

Stayed April 2008

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

we got to the hotel 2 hrs early & they let us check in early with no extra charge, we were amazed at how all the other reviews were so wrong about this hotel. we didn't use the cont. breakfast, but everything else was great we stayed a total of 5 nights & everyday our room was cleaned & our beds were even turned down. this place is a great location to all atractions, shopping or anything else you would need. we will return, thanks for a great trip!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Inglis, Fl.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2009

This was our second year back. Well satisfied the first. We are not picky, but things went downhill this year. Entry doors on the 1st floor were not locked nor could they be locked. They needed extensive repair or replacement.
Comparing this year to last year, the breakfast offerings were adequate but no hot cereal was offered. Otherwise, food-wise, it was ok. I was irritated by the noisy atmosphere of apparent employees loudly talking and using tables meant for guests.
As for the front desk employees, a young man whom I dealt with last year was polite and explained things very well, being conversant in both english and spanish but upon checkout, a woman who I won't describe as a lady, lacking in english skills, was brusk and had a 'take it or leave it' attitude, which was a real turn-off. I had asked her to explain why my online bank account showed a charge of $220 when I had signed for charges of $180. Ultimately, the $220 'pending' charge did change back to $180 as the young man had said it would.
When the a/c enclosure fell off one day and I called for maintenance, a very nice, spanish speaking only fellow did respond and made the repair. I thought highy of that gentleman. Always had a friendly greeting when seeing him in the hallways.
I use the internet daily, but had to go to the lobby to get on. WiFi was picked up but was coming from the Quality Inn next door but couldn't be used due to needed passwords.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Worcester, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2009

MY grandson & I needed to get away fromthe cold winter of the northeast so, we booked a vacation through Expedia. We got to the hotel at midnight so there was no point in complaining that the advertised frig and microwave did not work. We went to the free continental breakfast in the morning (they told us it was available from 7 to 9:30, we got there at 8:30 and they wasn't anything left except for dry cereal. Needless to say we did not even try the breakfast for the other two days. I complined twice about the refrigerator and it was never taken care of for us. There was no security the doors to the outside did not lock. On our second day they de-activated the room key so we had to go and get it re-activated. The rooms are okay but very dated and worn, there are no outlets to plug electronics into in the room and no internet access.
The only good thing was that they did clean the room and gave us fresh towels each day.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pumab2
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2009

At the end of January we decided to have a weekend away in Orlando to visit Universal Studios, we booked into the Royal Celebration Inn. It was after 6pm when we arrived and we must have drove past the hotel several times, we could not see the hotel sign and eventually we rang the hotel for help. The room and bathroom were quite large.The sheets were clean but the carpet, furniture and decor had seen better days.For breakfast you could have cereal, toast,, juice , tea coffee,as much as you would want.We paid $70 for two nights with breakfast, NOW if anyone thinks they are going to get Buckingham Palace for that price, welcome to the real world "you get what you pay for". We used this hotel for sleeping only, if we wanted to stay around the hotel all day we would book into somewhere else. The weather had turned very cold, I asked reception for a blanket, not a problem it was given to me right away.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Comfort Inn
Golden Link Motel
Golden Link Motel
#43 of 153 in Kissimmee
Palm Lakefront Resort and Hostel

Been to Royal Celebration Inn on Lake Cecile? Share your experiences!