I always passed by this hotel and it looked run down and deserted for the longest time over the years we visited Kissimmee. I had always said I wished it was open because it was interesting looking and I wanted to stay there just once at least to check it out. So the last time we were planning a trip up here, I was looking for hotel deals on this site, and saw it was available and at a decent price, so we figured...what the heck, lets go.
It looks really nice from the road, but the lobby is all the way in the back, and it doesnt look like they are finished remodeling that part. The fountain and surrounding area was old and crumbly, but it worked. There was a pool to the left and it was clean, beyond that was a walkway out to a covered dock, but it was closed and the wood was rotted and overgrown. It seemed to vaguely say something about jetski rentals, which they obviously no longer have available.
The front lobby was nice enough and the front desk attendant was pleasant. There was just the stench of his cigarette smoke trail that he made from the bench outside the front entrance (where he was smoking when we arrived) all the way to the front desk. I noticed a lot of people sitting around in the lobby with laptops. The few desk computers the hotel had for guest use all had signs saying out of order on them. It turns out they do not have free internet in the rooms, you have to pay by the time you wish to use it. 15 min, 2 hour and 4 hours, prices starting at $2.
We got our room, and the door wouldn't open with the key. We figured out you have to lift UP only on the handle to open the door. The room was clean, but the pillows were flat, and the bed was hard. but not the worst I ever slept on...but close. We needed ice, and the map said there was one right on our floor by the elevator. Lies. There was a plug, but no machine. Next option was on the 5th floor, and there was one...but it was unplugged. So we had to go into the lobby to get ice.
The air worked well, fridge and microwave were clean and operational, and we were out most of the evening and were tired so we slept. woke up with a little backache fro the hard bed, but hey, its not my bed. There were 2 chairs at a table in the room, but they sunk way down when we sat in them. So we didnt sit in them again, coudnt use laptop with out internet anyway, so no need for the table! There are balconies you can go out and sit on but the scary part is they are kind of connected to everyone elses. So someone could hop over to yours and go in your room if you leave the sliding door unlocked. So just dont!
There was supposed to be a hot breakfast, but it was from 7-9am, short time frame. we got there at 8:30, and there was nothing left out but some bread, bagels, cereal and juice. Oh well, $3.99 breakfast buffet at Sizzlin Grill much better anyway.
If you want luxury, do not even think about coming here. If however, you want a cheap, clean hotel, with a micro/fridge and are not too concerned about the bed being hard, its an average decent hotel for sleeping and parking your crap while you visit the local attractions. Just remember, no internet, but great lake views. And you can tell everyone you stayed in a hotel that looks like an Aztec pyramid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All guestrooms have either double, queen or king beds and feature a balcony or a patio. The rooms also offer a full array of amenities, including electronic door locks, coffee/tea makers with complimentary coffee, microwaves and refrigerators. All guest rooms have either double or queen beds (limited king rooms available) and feature a balcony. Featuring: 222 Standard & Deluxe Rooms Interior Corridors Turn Down Service Refrigerator Microwave Oven Coffee Maker Iron & Ironing Board Hair Dryer Cable TV with HBO Local Phone Calls Guest Laundry Each of the guest rooms at Royal Celebration hotel is designed with your comfort in mind. You'll enjoy amenities that you'd expect from higher-priced hotels, but at an affordable rate that fits the family budget. Our guest rooms are tastefully appointed and all of them include these helpful amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Royal Celebration Inn on Lake Cecile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Celebration Inn On Lake Cecile Hotel Orlando
- Royal Celebration Orlando
- Royal Celebration Inn Lake Cecile