Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
$122
$111
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$233
$199
$172
$247
$212
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$166
$394
$303
Orbitz.com
1,815 results
All reviewspool areaspg pointsspg memberbunk bedsfire pitdowntown disneyan older hotelfamily suiteolive gardendisney worldpoolside barconvenience storegreat poolmini fridgeorlando areagift shopfree shuttle
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was kinda surprised to open the door on the wash basin. It looked like they'd remodeled the room with an entrance through the bathroom. I didn't like that but fortunately there was only me.
The room was lacking in power points to connect my multiple devices, and certainly nothing by the bed. The bed was comfortable enough (as you'd expect in this chain) but the pillows were horribly light and cheap.
The worst bit of all was the aircon unit that stuck out of the wall. Ugly and very noisy. While I'd managed to turn mine off by the complex control panel, my neighbor had his/her running 24/7. With paper thin walls between rooms, it didn't make for a comfortable stay.
I tried room service. My medium burger arrived an hour after I ordered it (they'd run out of pizzas two days running) and so it was fully cooked through to dry. Laundry was so much a service as a bring it down yourself, we don't have staff to collect it.
There was a coffee room but it didn't open until 7am missing out on the business guests leaving early for their Gaylord Palms convention.
This was 40% a Sheraton standard for 75% of the usual cost. I'll pick somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear stevejnb,

The wash basin is outside of the restroom as many of our guest travel with family members so that more than one person can get ready at a time. I am sorry you found this not to your liking. We do have additional power outlets on the side of the night stands and desk. I am sorry if you did not see them, but we did add them during the renovation as we received feedback from our guest asking for them. If I can be of further service please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at this resort March 8-12 and it could not have been better. The staff at the pool bar and restaurant were wonderful - especially Gary. The rooms were in good condition. I loved the food mart in the lobby. My husband brought me a great cup of Starbucks each day to get me going. The gym had everything you would need and more. The location for Disney was great and the staff at the ticket desk were very helpful. Great hotel, great service and location!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Arianne,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for posting it. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for our March Break vacation (March 8-14). The staff were very friendly, ther rooms were older for a 4star, but very clean. The pools and slides were great for the kids. The location is super.

However, the resort fees and parking fees were rediculous! I wish that they would just put those into the "real" price at the beginning, instead of charging a $186 extra bill at the end of our pre-paid vacation. Also, the $12 beer at the pool was obviously way overpriced and we could hear the elevator all night long, even though we were far from it.

It was too bad because we liked the hotel, but would not return for this overall price. 3 star at best.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room facing the "inner" or pool area. Tip the room cleaners as they were really great to us.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear TScott099,

Thank you for your recent posting. I appreciate your feedback both positive and constructive. I am sorry that you found the resort fee ridiculous. We do charge the resort fee and parking is included in the resort fee, unless our guest choose valet. Please let me know if this was not done correctly for you and I will look after fixing it personally. All resorts in Orlando charge a resort fee and we are certain that our resort fee is competitive within the local market place. I do hope that this was communicated to you at the time of making your reservation as we have taken steps to ensure that it is properly communicated.

If I can be of further service to you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with this hotel after staying during a recent vacation visit to Orlando. It has 2 pools, an outdoor bar and music outside with cabanas that you can rent. The pool area was our favorite part! Great for sunbathing and lazy days by the pool.

The lobby was updated a couple of years ago and has a nice contemporary feel. The rooms are clean, well kept, and have been updated as well. One tip. Some of the rooms have doors that have an outside entry, however, most enter from an interior hall. Something to consider if that's important to you.

The hotel is very close to Disney and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. We happened to get a good rate off of Hotwire and felt this hotel was a very good value. They do have a resort fee, but that's fully disclosed. I think most people will enjoy their stay here.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gutman

Dear gutman,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are repeated guests of this hotel. We are loyal to Starwood but unfortunately this past stay has caused him and I to lose our loyalty for our next stay. We were given keys to an occupied room and this to me is absolutely unacceptable! We had kids with us and not only that but we also felt horrible walking into a room with people inside. Being reappeared guests you would expect compensation right? Well we did get 2 zip tickets for 2 beverages--> REALLY?! Then at CO they took the Resort Fees out so $26 + 2 drinks was enough for the inconvenience and embarrassment my family experienced. NOT acceptable.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ventura305
Brandy B, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and I can assure you that the situation you experienced was an isolated incident. I will be sharing your comments with the appropriate managers and we will certainly take steps so that a repeat of this nature will not occur.
Brandy Bennett- Asst. General Manager