“Great location, nice pool” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #195 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
St. Louis
“Great location, nice pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with this hotel after staying during a recent vacation visit to Orlando. It has 2 pools, an outdoor bar and music outside with cabanas that you can rent. The pool area was our favorite part! Great for sunbathing and lazy days by the pool.

The lobby was updated a couple of years ago and has a nice contemporary feel. The rooms are clean, well kept, and have been updated as well. One tip. Some of the rooms have doors that have an outside entry, however, most enter from an interior hall. Something to consider if that's important to you.

The hotel is very close to Disney and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. We happened to get a good rate off of Hotwire and felt this hotel was a very good value. They do have a resort fee, but that's fully disclosed. I think most people will enjoy their stay here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gutman
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear gutman,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share.

Respectfully,
Mark Politte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are repeated guests of this hotel. We are loyal to Starwood but unfortunately this past stay has caused him and I to lose our loyalty for our next stay. We were given keys to an occupied room and this to me is absolutely unacceptable! We had kids with us and not only that but we also felt horrible walking into a room with people inside. Being reappeared guests you would expect compensation right? Well we did get 2 zip tickets for 2 beverages--> REALLY?! Then at CO they took the Resort Fees out so $26 + 2 drinks was enough for the inconvenience and embarrassment my family experienced. NOT acceptable.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ventura305
Brandy B, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and I can assure you that the situation you experienced was an isolated incident. I will be sharing your comments with the appropriate managers and we will certainly take steps so that a repeat of this nature will not occur.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton first weekend in March 20I4. I hesitate but I booked it anyway. I needed a place near Disney for the weekend. This place has its plus and minuses.First thing was, I wasn't aware of the hefty resort fee 19per day which the girl at the front desk sarcastically pointed out. she say it was it was right on the form and that's what I basically get for booking through Priceline. " they are the worst" her words exactly. Anyways, the hotel is dated and it looked like it was refurbished piece-meal. some areas looked great (lobby and pool area) others not so much. the room was great but the balcony was not. Also, the bathrooms have no fan it and all of the moisture generated by 4 people after they shower, stays right in the room, ugh!
convenient location but right on a major road. No resort setting at all. loud road just outside the hotel. I've stay in several hotels near that area. Sorry sheraton Lake Buena Vista.I've can do better.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ana F
AnaF,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly review your comments with the team and I am sure we can utilize to improve in the future.
cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Just arrived back after staying a fornight .We found the staff very friendly and helpful.The villa we had was clean and had everything we needed in it,We went to the welcome meeting and instead of lasting 90 mins as we were told it went on for 2and half hours.Also if taking the free bus to animal kingdom be wary as we went out to the bus park at 5.20 for the 5.45 bus and waited till6.30 no bus came so we had to get a taxi,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I believe you may have the wrong hotel. We are a Hotel/Resort we do not have a Welcome Meeting or Villas.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

It was clean and well decorated. The pool area was nice and my son loved the waterslide. Upon check in I realized the room was in the building closet to the road/highway and asked to be changed because I am a light sleeper. They moved us without an issue. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear daniellea14
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you and your family here as our guests. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.
Brandy Bennett- Asst General Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Pulled up and bell hops were very nice! Check in was super easy! Beware there is a Resort Fee of $19.99 a night and a hold on credit card for $50. The "resort" fee is basically covering one night of parking and additional "perks". It was super chilly so we weren't up for the pools or hot tub. The rooms were very nice and updated... Very comfortable beds! Quiet and peaceful. We were too tired to go out so we picked up some take out at Hooters down the road. The bell hops recommended the Orlando Ale House which is within walking distance right behind the 7-11. Not much fast food nearby that we saw, only drive thru was Burger King and than there was a store front Steak n Shake and Subway. All in all for a one night stay it was very nice and easy to find!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! It brings us great pride to provide our guest with amazing service, thank you for the opportunity. We hope we see you soon!
Baytown, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

This place apparently has been around forever and a good job has been done to keep it clean and semi fresh. Although the room was stale and had no hot water in the sink the first evening it was ok. I would not stay here again if I had a choice because there are too many choices. The price of the room is too high and then they nail you for the resort fee. Take that number and multiply it times the number of rooms. It equals ripoff.

Room Tip: look around. Too many choices when it comes to hotel rooms.