“Not Much of a Renovation”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #205 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Have been utilizing this property for several years. Haven't been here since they finished their renovations. They have put all their renovation money in the public areas just to impress you. The rooms are still very dated and old looking. Housekeeping is mediocre at best.

Room Tip: Stay at the Swan & Dolphin instead. They treat their SPG guests much better and the price is abo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brent S
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Brent S,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly review your comments with the team and utilize to improve our services in the future.

If ever you travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were only there over night, looked like the pools were great but didn't get to enjoy them. Very spread out but the lobby bar and food was great. Was a little disappointed that they turn the fire pit off at 9. I had come in on a later flight - was getting ready to go out and check it out and it went off. What I saw was nice, but you could tell that it was an older hotel that had some updates. Standard size rooms. I pricelined the room- I don't know if I would have been happy to have paid more for the room but felt like I really got my money's worth.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Scellis 2004,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed three nights, February 6,7 & 8, 2014. Our greeting at the front desk was like meeting old friends. The two young men were great! Our room was assigned, 6th floor, street side view. All was fine until late night street noise began, didn't get much sleep Thursday night. We called the front desk first thing Friday morning with our problem. No problem, no excuses, they went out of their way to make it right. We were upgraded to a different room within hours of our request, at no additional charge. As our stay went on things just got better and better. Every one from the curb side workers, front desk staff, market place staff, restaurant staff house keeping, they couldn't be friendlier or do enough for you to make your stay any better. Plus we were only a stone's throw away from Disney. Looking for a great value, close to Disney? You can not go wrong staying here. I am recommending this to all my friends and family. We will return!

Room Tip: inside room, upper floor, facing the pools, away from street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ron G
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Ron G.,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for posting it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

It was a clean comfortable room. We stayed in the past when this was the Sheraton Safari, and the remodel is very nice. Pros: updated, clean rooms; comfortable beds, located just off Disney property. Cons: annoying $19/nt resort fee, exterior access to hallways is less secure (at least three pizza fliers under door each night), very noisy in-room air conditioner. We did not use the pool, the internet, nor the park transportation, so cannot comment on those. I would say that if you are going to a Disney Park, you're better off staying at a Disney resort. For the same price, once you factor in parking and the bogus "resort fee," you can stay at a moderate Disney resort and get dropped off right in front of the park. I agree with other reviewers that Priceline has some nerve calling this a 4-star resort. Even with the remodel, it is obviously an older property. I felt as though the deal we got on Priceline was fair, but felt "taken" by the excessive $19 per day "resort" fee (which was for Wi-Fi and two bottles of Dasani water).

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Annabellina

Dear Annabelina,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly review your comments with the team and I am sure we can utilize to improve our service.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here 2 nights, Feb 2 and 3. At check in the staff was very friendly. Got to the room and was surprised by how big it was. Had a balcony that over looked the parking lot, fine with me, it was nice to not have the noise of the pool area. The pools and hot tub are great! and the bar has the best tasting chicken quesidilla and ice tea! The location can't be beat. So close to the outlet mall and the disney parks. For the price and the amount of time we were actually there, it can't be beat. The fitness room is really nice too. I am a starwood member and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the kids in the pool area, get a room on the other side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JeffNewUlm

Dear JeffNewUlm,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate that you posted it on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had adjoining rooms 1304 and 1306 on the third floor overlooking the pool so great outlook. Great quality room, bed and bed linen. All well until we tried to sleep. Noisy. Turned off air con. Better. Turned off fridge. Better still. Occasional noise from the elevator and ice machine just down the hall. But main noise seemed to be from the pool machinery down below and between our block and the next. Better the second night.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Mike B.

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly review your comments with the team and I am sure that we can utilize to improve our service.

If ever your travles take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

i stayed at this hotel for 3 days and 3 nights and the mattress in the room was unbelievably comfortable. the pool jacuzzi and the music were so tranquil but most of all the customer service was the best ive ever had and i stay at alot of hotels. overall our stay at this resort was outstanding.

Room Tip: get a room facing swimming pool if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ernie b
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear ernie b,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If ever your travels take you back to orlando we would love to be of service to you again.