“Stay with two boys 7 and 5...”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #205 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Recently my family and I stayed in one of your Preferred Suites with bunk beds and a separate bedroom of two double beds. We were very pleased with this set up and will stay there again.

I was particularly impressed with the level of comfort of the double beds. Can you tell me what brand and type of beds they are? I think we were in room 4404. I am looking to purchase a new mattress and those beds were so comfortable I want to get one for my own home.

Room Tip: for a family, upgrade to the Premium Starwood suite. Not much more per night, but gave my wife and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Brent F.,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. Your positive feedback is much appreciated. The beds are Sheraton Sweet Sleepers. We receive a lot of compliments regarding the bed and guest interested in purchasing the mattress. You can actually purchase the mattress on Sheraton.com and have it shipped to your home.

Thanks again and if ever your travels take you back to Orlando, we would love to be of service to your family again.

Mark Politte

Write a ReviewReviews (1,728)

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My family has stayed at this property for many years even before my kids were born! We stayed at this hotel this past Thanksgiving weekend and it will be our last! As a SPG platinum member, I always been upgraded which is nice. But the property itself is ok at best. When did the hotel become pet friendly?? During my stay I saw dog feces all over the grounds. Really?? I can only
Imagine what has been left I the rooms. I posted a picture of what I saw. Parking? What a joke! If happen to stay late at the parks, good luck finding parking. You have to battle between the valets, other guests and people going to the Palms ballroom in the back. And they have the audacity to charge for parking!!! I waited for one hour at 1:00 am!!! Oh I forgot to mention, the hotel is taking parking spots for car rentals. They are trying to squeeze every nickel and inconveniencing their hotel guests. Lastly, the hotel breakfast is a joke. Save your stomach for a better meal across the street. They are trying to become upscale. The only thing upscale is the price. I would recommend the Westin Universal. It is where I am staying now. Much better! At least I don't feel I have to wear my shoes around my room in fear of catching something. Avoid the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista. They are better alternatives.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank alagad
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Alagad,

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I am truly sorry when we do not meet that expectation. The resort was at full capacity during your stay and that is the reason we were unable to accomodate a complimentary upgrade, as non were available.

All Starwood properties became pet friendly about 15 years ago. No excuse for finding what you found in the parking lot. We do have limited rooms for pets, so that we can keep guest without pets in different rooms. We also have areas for guest to walk their pets with the appropriate containers for what pets do. Unfortunately not all dog owners look after their pets the appropriate way. We do try and stay on top of this and again I apologize you found this.

I will be sharing your comments with our leadership team and I am certain that we can improve.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel - the waterside was a hit with the kids - as was outdoor fire pit. Room was a normal room but very noisy - overlooked the highway and we could hear every beep and car driving by. Overall nice but nothing to write home abt. Great location!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear, Techchicknj,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will be reviewing your comments both positive and constructive. I am certain we can use your comments to improve.

If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with a priceline bid for a 4* hotel. The hotel was nice enough, clean and friendly staff, nice pool area, however I would not say this was a 4* hotel.

Now, some of this is because it is a priceline room, however all the similar rooms could not have been for priceline guests. Our room was very cramped/small, the lobby corridor was freezing cold with constant condensation on the large windows and most indicitive of the hotel not being a 4* "resort", the hotel was right on the main drag/highway, with only a very small parking area (2 rows of parking) between our room balcony and the highway so there was road noise constantly. The staff also had trouble accomodating my request for non-feather pillows/blankets - it took them quite a while to find a total of 4 pillows and they didn't have any non-feather blankets. It was almost like they were confused by the request. I find this odd, as I can't be the only person in such a large resort with a feather allergy.

The good was that looking online, the rates are inexpensive for the area (reflecting that this is not really a 4* hotel) and the room was clean and the staff very friendly. The pool bar was very nice (although expensive) and it was convenient to disney.

If you are looking for a nice place to stay close to disney, this fits the bill - if you are looking for a 4* resort, not so much.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank techchicknj
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Techchicknj,

Thank you for your comments both positive and constructive. I will be reviewing your comments with the leadership team and I am certain that we can utilize your comments to improve.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed three 2 nights, good location , close to most of the attractions in the area, if you have a car.
The front desk was efficient, concierge helpful , did not use the spa.
The rooms are nice and roomy, clean, furniture has been updated, modern, nice crisp color, now comes the but: that on the surface , it is still a old hotel, popcorn ceiling, the internet connection is slower then slow, there is very little water pressure and if you want hot water, turn it on, then go does something else, come back in 5 minutes, so much for saving water, it would have taken for ever to wash my hair because so little water was coming out.
Also what is it in Florida, your are nice and cozy outside then you go in and you need a sweater, the hallways in this hotel made you feel you were in Siberia in the winter!
Overall, I probably would pick another Starwood hotel next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank odilelosaltos
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Odilelosaltos,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate the feedback both positive and constructive. I will be sharing your comments with the leadership team and I am certain that we can utilize to improve our services.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We recently had a convention in Orlando and were referred to the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I was very nervous at first about being so far away from the Convention Center but once we checked in, realized it was a VERY short drive and it was nice to be away from the hectic area of International Drive. This resort could not have been more convenient. Close to the freeway, shopping, TONS of food, across the street from Disney World, but yet, quiet and relaxing. When we come to Florida again, I won't even search for any other hotels, we've already found the perfect resort.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Autumn H
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Autumn H,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am so glad that you enjoyed the resort. I will be reviewing your posting with our leadership team tomorrow and I am sure that they will find it motivating.

We look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was able to check into the hotel early. I went down to the bar to enjoy some food and found my fish to be cooked a little dry. The dessert menu left something to be desired as well but oh well. I enjoyed my bedroom immensely. I was on the 4th floor with a pool view.

I was a little disappointed with the breakfast options as well but I have to say that the best part was the service. I calle down to the front desk to request duct tape to complete my costume and they came up immediately. No weird looks when I walked through the lobby wearing Peacock wings.

The shuttle is good to have. I would make a point of getting to know one of the car service drivers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Karice2,

Thank you for your comments on your most recent Trip Advisor posting. I am glad we could help you with your costume and we will take your comments about the food to improve our service. I am reviewing those comments with our culinary team today.