“Great end of summer stay!”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #204 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Such a great place was sad to only get to spend 1 day there! Room was wonderful, overlooked the pool area...bed is super comfy! Great service at the pool bar, and lots of activities - loved pool basketball and cornhole. Front Desk was great, easy check in and so helpful each time we needed them!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear PunkyKP,

Thank you for the great contribution to Tripadvisor. We're so glad that you had a positive experience with us. We truly appreciate and value the feedback that you have provided us and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Orlando!

Warmest Regards.

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,708)

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Room is clean. Many choices for hotels in area, and this is more of a three star family hotel. Drinks expensive, no Starbucks coffee made in "Marketplace" gift shop, and spa closed during our stay. Entire property a bit "tired." Ok for overnight, but not a four star resort.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool nicer and external rooms view busy road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jon S,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm sorry to hear about some of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Our goal is to provide exceptional and memorable experiences to all of our guests and I'm sorry that we failed to live up to this standard. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we certainly will utilize your comments as a learning tool to improve our resort and services.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort just a couple weeks ago for 9 nights and was totally blown away at this great resort. Everything about our stay here was just perfect and have no complaints at all about our stay... the only complaint I would have is it got over too quickly..lol!! I really wanted a few more days there! I first want to compliment all the sweet, friendly and wonderful staff.. they went above and beyond to help us in any way and to make sure our stay was flawless and that we were always happy and had what we needed. The only time anything negative remotely happened was when we ordered room service one afternoon and after an hour or so we hadn't received our order, so I called to check on our room service order and come to find out the lady that took my order didn't relay the message or something but the order never got placed. But the manager of Zest was very apologetic and immediately placed the order for me... he kept apologizing.. you could tell he really felt bad about the miscommunication. When our order arrived, the manager from the restaurant delivered the meal himself and again apologized and told me the meal was on them... he didn't charge me anything for the room service... which I thought was very nice! I was very impressed with the way they handled that situation! That means more to me than you will know and makes our vacation and experience priceless!

We loved the pool area and the slide was a nice added amenity and enjoyed it I think just as much as the kids..lol! Loved the two hot tubs... I frequented them often during our stay! And loved the balcony! My view was just perfect... stayed in Palm 1 about middle of the building on the 4th floor.. very nice.The pool staff was very attentive and went well out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. The two pool staff that really stands out to me is Samuel and Alexandria.. Samuel was a very sweet and nice kid.. always polite and generous and went well beyond answering questions for us... and was great with giving us restaurant advice and directions! Alexandria I think was her name was also very sweet and always had a smile on her face. She was Russian/Hispanic mix I think I remember her telling me.. but was amazing the whole time we were there. Gary at the pool bar was very nice ...him and I had a good conversation a few times while hanging at the bar! We loved the fire pit and ordered from the restaurant a couple of nights and really enjoyed eating by the fire. I couldn't have asked for better service and staff during my stay. I also wanted to point out that the cleaning staff was always friendly when coming and going from the room... they would always speak and was as nice as they could be.

Gil, I had wanted to meet you while I was there and compliment your great resort but never had the opportunity to do it in person so this is the closest way of communication with you... but would love to meet you in person on my next trip... and trust me I will be going back for sure! If there is ever a time for me to be in Orlando... which has been frequent lately for business... I will definitely be staying at the Lake Buena Vista Resort!!! I absolutely love this place. Thank you again Gil for Managing such a wonderful resort...and I will be giving your resort five stars and recommending LBVR to all my business colleagues and all my family as well! The remodeling and changes have been awesome!! I can't understand any negative reviews because my experience was so wonderful it's hard to imagine what they would complain about... all I can say is if anyone complains and are unhappy with their stay here, I don't think there is no pleasing them! Big thumbs up here!! Cant wait for my next trip to LBVR!! Looking forward to it.

Thanks again for the wonderful experience!!!

Room Tip: Try and get Pool view room... awesome view and experience!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Parker3377

Hello Parker3377,

Wow….thank you for this amazing review! Its great to see that our staff and resort exceeded your expectations. Our commitment to excellence is paramount to the success of our resort and we love to hear success stories from our valued guests. I will also recognize some of the associates that you mentioned in your comments. I’m sorry that I was not able to meet your during your stay however I will say that I’m very fortunate to have a great group of associates that are passionate about service. We truly appreciate this wonderful review and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Chose to stay at this property as it is a Starwood hotel, and I wanted to take advantage of my Delta Platinum status, crossover rewards, and get an upgrade. If they had honored the Crossover Rewards program, I would have received a reduced resort fee.
In room internet service was awful.
Hotel said they knew nothing about this Starwood program so no upgrade. AC was terrible. Had to keep curtains closed entire time just to keep room at bearable temperature.
Hallways were dirty. Some trash in hallways was there for several days. Pool area needs an update.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Txguy7527
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Txguy7527,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. I’m so sorry that we did not deliver on the standard of excellence that we are well known for. We appreciate your comments and will certainly address your review with our team for corrective action. Thank you for being a loyal Starwood Preferred Guest Member and we hope to provide better service to you in the near future!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Well kept and relaxing place for business and for families. I stay here a lot. I am a SPG Platinum member and this is one of my favorite places to stay. I stay here when I am here for business or when I bring my family (Wife and 4 children) into town. And to top it off, there is a Joe's Crab Shack accross the street.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jazehner

Hello jazehner,

Thank you for the five star review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm so pleased that our resort and staff exceeded your expectations especially one of our loyal SPG Platinum Guest. We truly appreciate the excellent review and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Sheraton was definitely an excellent choice for our family because of the location and the pool area.
The location of Sheraton was very conducive to our needs because if all the restaurants and shopping. Pizza Hut was walking distance and the atmosphere was fun and very touristy which we love about Orlando.
The pool area was wonderful for the kids to play and swim. They had a separate kids pool in which they could wade with water umbrellas, basketball and volleyball. A separate adults pool was also available if you had older kids which had a water slide.
There is a pool bar .. but we didn't try it. Maybe next time.
Overall, it was a fun stay and I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank amko812

Hello amko812,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback on your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the great comments on our amenities and location of our resort. We're so glad that you would recommend us and hope to be your resort of choice when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I won this bid for this hotel using Priceline, I've won better bids. The entrance to the hotel and lobby was nice and presentable. They clearly updated most of everything. House keeping needs to be mindful of the much needed vacuuming and moping in the rooms. I stayed for 3 nights and i ended the days at the pool relaxing with a bahama mama and my iPad (wifi was included with your resort fee). Loved the pool area... great ambiance and family friendly. My family had a blast watching a movie every night while we swam. The WINGS from the restaurant (zest) was DELICIOUS! Again, the lobby and the pool area was our favorite part of the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista.

We complained a couple times about a dog barking in the room across our room. We were told security was on top of it.... When checking out, it appears that dogs are able to stay on property ( with restrictions). I'm highly allergic and I will next time be a little pickier about hotels and their pet policies.

Dear management, your ice machines should function at all times... Florida is way too hot for people not to have ice available. The ice machines were down in building 3.

Room Tip: Request poolside view. The other sides are facing the parking lots.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Gysel

Hello Gysel,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We appreciate the valuable feedback that you have provided us as we to continue to strive for excellence. Although we're glad that you enjoyed our F&B outlets and food, I will definitely share and address your concerns with my Director of Housekeeping. We've also addressed your concerns with regards to the ice machine on your floor. Once again, thank you for your comments and in the future; please connect with me personally and we will make sure you have a wonderful stay with us! Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts.