“Very disappointed”

Ranked #202 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Dallas, Texas
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Chose to stay at this property as it is a Starwood hotel, and I wanted to take advantage of my Delta Platinum status, crossover rewards, and get an upgrade. If they had honored the Crossover Rewards program, I would have received a reduced resort fee.
In room internet service was awful.
Hotel said they knew nothing about this Starwood program so no upgrade. AC was terrible. Had to keep curtains closed entire time just to keep room at bearable temperature.
Hallways were dirty. Some trash in hallways was there for several days. Pool area needs an update.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Txguy7527
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Txguy7527,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. I’m so sorry that we did not deliver on the standard of excellence that we are well known for. We appreciate your comments and will certainly address your review with our team for corrective action. Thank you for being a loyal Starwood Preferred Guest Member and we hope to provide better service to you in the near future!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Well kept and relaxing place for business and for families. I stay here a lot. I am a SPG Platinum member and this is one of my favorite places to stay. I stay here when I am here for business or when I bring my family (Wife and 4 children) into town. And to top it off, there is a Joe's Crab Shack accross the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jazehner
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello jazehner,

Thank you for the five star review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm so pleased that our resort and staff exceeded your expectations especially one of our loyal SPG Platinum Guest. We truly appreciate the excellent review and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Sheraton was definitely an excellent choice for our family because of the location and the pool area.
The location of Sheraton was very conducive to our needs because if all the restaurants and shopping. Pizza Hut was walking distance and the atmosphere was fun and very touristy which we love about Orlando.
The pool area was wonderful for the kids to play and swim. They had a separate kids pool in which they could wade with water umbrellas, basketball and volleyball. A separate adults pool was also available if you had older kids which had a water slide.
There is a pool bar .. but we didn't try it. Maybe next time.
Overall, it was a fun stay and I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank amko812
Hello amko812,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback on your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the great comments on our amenities and location of our resort. We're so glad that you would recommend us and hope to be your resort of choice when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I won this bid for this hotel using Priceline, I've won better bids. The entrance to the hotel and lobby was nice and presentable. They clearly updated most of everything. House keeping needs to be mindful of the much needed vacuuming and moping in the rooms. I stayed for 3 nights and i ended the days at the pool relaxing with a bahama mama and my iPad (wifi was included with your resort fee). Loved the pool area... great ambiance and family friendly. My family had a blast watching a movie every night while we swam. The WINGS from the restaurant (zest) was DELICIOUS! Again, the lobby and the pool area was our favorite part of the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista.

We complained a couple times about a dog barking in the room across our room. We were told security was on top of it.... When checking out, it appears that dogs are able to stay on property ( with restrictions). I'm highly allergic and I will next time be a little pickier about hotels and their pet policies.

Dear management, your ice machines should function at all times... Florida is way too hot for people not to have ice available. The ice machines were down in building 3.

Room Tip: Request poolside view. The other sides are facing the parking lots.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Gysel
Hello Gysel,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We appreciate the valuable feedback that you have provided us as we to continue to strive for excellence. Although we're glad that you enjoyed our F&B outlets and food, I will definitely share and address your concerns with my Director of Housekeeping. We've also addressed your concerns with regards to the ice machine on your floor. Once again, thank you for your comments and in the future; please connect with me personally and we will make sure you have a wonderful stay with us! Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts.

London
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just came back from 3 nights at the Sheraton LBV. Location is great with many restaurants within walking distance. Pool is super and as SPG Gold had the Resort Fee reduced from $16.95 to $9.95 however................

Air conditioners in the room are dreadful. So noisy they woke us up continuously every night. Rooms are in need of a refresh as do look tacky. Lost water one evening to our room and when it came back it was filthy brown.

Sorry SPG I love the group but not this hotel as it put a damper on our vacation as everyone was tired.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SomchaiBKK
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Hello SomchaiBKK,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience at the Sheraton LBVR. Your concerns are certainly understandable given the experience you described and I want to take this opportunity to respond. With regards to the items that you mentioned in your review, the city did have a water main break which effected several resorts and hotels in our vicinity. This issue was corrected and addressed by the City within the hour. We are also in the process of replacing our AC units in our rooms which will address the noise that you had experienced during your stay. We do appreciate your feedback & loyalty to Starwood Hotels, and in the future, please connect with me personally and we will make sure that you have a wonderful stay with us.

Weston, FL
Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you want very comfortable accomodations with good amenities - restaurant and market, pools, fitness center - in an ideal location, all for a GREAT price, this is one of the best hotel options! I've stayed here multiple times since it was renovated and I really enjoy staying here. The staff are friendly and very helpful, which is a plus.

The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy and the location is perfect. I have yet to try the pools, but the pool area looks very nice. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear westonmomof1,

Thank you for the great feedback on your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the great review and we're glad that our resort and staff exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back up to Orlando!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel is absolutely amazing!! The rooms are gorgeous, the view is amazing, and hotel is very kid friendly. There's 2 pools so we started the day of hanging at the pools and going down the slides. We then got to enjoy a poolside family movie while cooking s'mores on the poolside fire! All staff was friendly and went out of there way to see we enjoyed our stay! Would recommend this hotel for anyone planning a getaway!! Perfect!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank EstherFomby
Hello EstherFomby,

Thank you for the five star review on the Sheraton LBVR, We're so pleased that you had a great experience at our resort and we will certainly share your glowing review with our entire team. We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback and we hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Orlando!