“Worst sleep ever.....however”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #205 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just came back from 3 nights at the Sheraton LBV. Location is great with many restaurants within walking distance. Pool is super and as SPG Gold had the Resort Fee reduced from $16.95 to $9.95 however................

Air conditioners in the room are dreadful. So noisy they woke us up continuously every night. Rooms are in need of a refresh as do look tacky. Lost water one evening to our room and when it came back it was filthy brown.

Sorry SPG I love the group but not this hotel as it put a damper on our vacation as everyone was tired.

1  Thank SomchaiBKK
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Hello SomchaiBKK,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience at the Sheraton LBVR. Your concerns are certainly understandable given the experience you described and I want to take this opportunity to respond. With regards to the items that you mentioned in your review, the city did have a water main break which effected several resorts and hotels in our vicinity. This issue was corrected and addressed by the City within the hour. We are also in the process of replacing our AC units in our rooms which will address the noise that you had experienced during your stay. We do appreciate your feedback & loyalty to Starwood Hotels, and in the future, please connect with me personally and we will make sure that you have a wonderful stay with us.

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you want very comfortable accomodations with good amenities - restaurant and market, pools, fitness center - in an ideal location, all for a GREAT price, this is one of the best hotel options! I've stayed here multiple times since it was renovated and I really enjoy staying here. The staff are friendly and very helpful, which is a plus.

The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy and the location is perfect. I have yet to try the pools, but the pool area looks very nice. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear westonmomof1,

Thank you for the great feedback on your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the great review and we're glad that our resort and staff exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back up to Orlando!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel is absolutely amazing!! The rooms are gorgeous, the view is amazing, and hotel is very kid friendly. There's 2 pools so we started the day of hanging at the pools and going down the slides. We then got to enjoy a poolside family movie while cooking s'mores on the poolside fire! All staff was friendly and went out of there way to see we enjoyed our stay! Would recommend this hotel for anyone planning a getaway!! Perfect!!!!!

3  Thank EstherFomby

Hello EstherFomby,

Thank you for the five star review on the Sheraton LBVR, We're so pleased that you had a great experience at our resort and we will certainly share your glowing review with our entire team. We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback and we hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This Hotel is an absolute disgrace to the Sheraton name brand.I have had better experiences at Holiday Inns.Rooms are dated and smelly,Wall air conditioner sounded like an airplane,elevators slow and old.Worst is that they overbooked and had no rooms available when I checked in,then they came up with lie after lie(still cleaning,maintenance issues etc)i while I waited one and a half hours for a room.Finally I settled on taking one room(when I had paid for two)and squeezed five people in.Spend your money elsewhere

3  Thank rjai

Dear rjai,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. I'm sorry to hear about some of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. This is certainly not up to our standards and I'm sorry that we failed to live up to your expectations. Please connect with me personally so that we can discuss this matter in more detail. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is the third time I stayed at this hotel and I think it will be my last. We booked two rooms at a great price so we could hit the parks in Orlando. No issues with valet or check in, both were great. However the elevator situation there is annoying. They don't work properly and it takes forever to go between 4 floors. When we were there, one elevator was out of service for a day and the other was being worked on. When they were finally running, they still didn't work right. The other major issue we had was with housekeeping. In the past, our rooms were always cleaned properly and supplies were restocked. This time, our bathroom smelled like mold, we only had a half roll of toilet paper on our first day and they never provided a back up roll. I had to go down to the front desk to ask for some. Same thing with shampoo and conditioner. One bottle of each on day one and that was it.........we stayed 4 nights!! The biggest issue we had was housekeeping left one of our doors open after cleaning and this exposed our two adjoining rooms while we were at the parks all day!!! It's a shame because we enjoyed our stays in the past, but I don't think we will be coming back. Keep in mind these housekeeping issues happened on the Starwood Preferred floor. I would hate to see how they treat regular customers.
"Starwood

4  Thank binimon

Hello binimon,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm sorry to hear about some of the housekeeping and elevator issues that you encountered during your stay. I will say that we did have issues with our elevators that have been addressed and we have also installed a new leadership team in the housekeeping department and we have seen significant improvements thru out the resort. We truly appreciate your valuable feedback and we look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and clean the pool is great but i wouldnt say its a resort its an hotel !! Near disney , restaurant , sea world , very nice i would bring my familly for a nice florida vacation !! Shopping is close but we rentes a car 145$ full tank for 5 days azing price

4  Thank missmanon
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Bonjour missmanon,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We appreciate the valuable feedback that you have provided us and our Tripadvisor followers. It’s also great to read that you will be back with your family so that they can enjoy everything that our property has to offer! We look forward to your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stay at this hotel for 3 days and 2 nights it was a great moment and great value of money. The staff at the check in and restaurant are so friendly and welcome.

The room was big enough for 6 people because it had a 2 queen bed and 1 sofa bed. but unfortunately the cleaning staff is so inappropriate, one day i was still in the bathroom taking shower and this cleaning staff enter our room to clean. notice that i were in the bathroom, she just not care and still do the job lousily. the plate and bowl that we're using was not been taken for 3 days.

But after all, we were happy and enjoy our stay here at the hotel, but they need some serious training for the cleaning staff.

4  Thank Jessi_C1504

Hello Jessi_C1504,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. We're pleased that overall you had a great stay with us; however I'm disaapointed that our housekeeping staff had some missed opportunities. I will personally review this with our team in our daily operations meeting so that we can learn & capitalize on our miscues to improve our overall services. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!