“Great stay!”

Ranked #197 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great stay!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 after booking via Priceline. Room was recently updated and very clean, with comfortable beds and pillows. The pools look great (we didn't get to use them) but the zero-entry pool with fountains should appeal to families with little kids, and the water slide pool should appeal to older kids, teens and adults. Rooms are soundproofed well and we rarely heard noise from the hallway or parking lot, and never from the adjoining rooms. Only drawbacks: $17 resort fee, shower takes a little while to heat up, and the elevators still need fixing up. Otherwise, great hotel that's very convenient to Disney and a short drive to other attractions via I-4. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hello zolar16,

Thank you for the rave review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We're so glad that you had a great stay with us and that our newly renovated rooms exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your contribution to Tripadvisor and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
MA
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family recently stayed at this hotel for a week long vacation. We stayed in a king junior suite in building 4. Our SPG Gold status earned us an upgrade, which was a nice surprise. We had no expectations, as we know it is all based on our status and availability. Apparently our timing was great. Our status also got us 2 bottles of water a day, and the ability to waive the resort/parking/internet fee.

All rooms in building 4 have an outside entry, and over look the pool. The pool area is great. In fact it is as good as larger pool areas at more upscale hotels that cost more such as The Peabody, and Hilton Bonnet Creek. If you want a fun pool area, and are on a budget, this is a great option. It is not a huge spacious resort like the ones just mentioned. It is a small, renovated property, which is not a bad thing. To get from the parking lot to our room took all but 2 minutes at the most. This made it easy on us at the end of the day. Especially when we had a handful of bags, take out, or had to carry our kids up to the room.

Our family of four found the room spacious, comfortable, and clean. Housekeeping was fantastic, and timely. The bed was fantastic. The pull out couch was clean and well maintained. We used it every night, and housekeeping changed the sheets when requested.

We ate in the hotel twice. Once we had lunch at the pool, and the food was average at best. For our second meal, we took our kids to see the magic show in the hotel called The Man of Mystery. It was an all you can eat buffet style meal. Fried chicken, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetables, salad, and dessert. It was fantastic. We loved the meal.The show was $25 per adult, $10 per child. Some hotel guests balked at the price and what was being served when they entered the dining room. That just made it better for us. The magic show had only about 12 people, and it was great. Kids enjoyed it. The performer spend a lot of time with the group, and was a very nice guy. He works the breakfast buffet as well doing tricks, and making balloons.

We had a couple of issues during our stay, but they were swiftly handled by management with ease. The staff aims to please. Lisa B., Gil R., Elizabeth M., Dercy, and Eric are all worth mentioning as they provided excellent service.

Dear rockytherockstar,

Thank you for the great feedback on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort! I've shared your review with our entire team and we're glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. We truly appreciate the great comments and we hope to be your hotel of choice on your next visit to Orlando!

Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend with my family and I must say this hotel is awesome! The rooms were beautiful and clean, the beds were so comfortable I didn't want to get up! We had the family suite with the bunk beds which were so cool! The pools were so relaxing, I loved that they have a baby pool and that awesome slide. Overall, this is my go to hotel whenever I'm in Orlando!

Hello Jrdanmaciel,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We truly appreciate the positive review and I'm glad that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Orlando!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel. The staff were extremely helpful as soon as you drive into bell boy lobby. The check in was very smooth with no issues. I travelled to this hotel with my partner and son. Upon arriving in the room, this was very clean with nice comfortable queen beds. My room was on the 5th floor with fantastic view of the hotel grounds, pools and out door bar. The atmosphere was very pleasant and friendly. The pool and loungers were always clean and available with plenty of towels. When at the pool the hotel staff were extremely welcoming especially a young girl named Maria. She played regular pool games and provided complimentary drinks. She was always smiling and made us very happy. Generally the house keeping department were extremely nice and cleaned our room to excellent standard. The only issues I faced was that the shower pressure was slightly slow and a noisy air conditioning nothing major that we could not handle. The breakfast was good but not much variety compared to other large hotels I have stayed in USA. The resort fee is payable daily which includes parking and wiifi for the hotel stay, not bad value for money. Next to the hotel there is a pizza hutt and Italian restaurant called Olive Tree. Both excellent value for money. The only down side for this hotel was that the hotel reception made no effort to help me with a late check out. I needed the room until 3pm as I had a evening flight. I was charged $40 extra for the extention. I thought this was poor customer service. Appart from this my stay was very comfortable all family members happy. We had an amazing time. I would stay this hotel again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Request rooms palm 3 side as this does not back on to main road outside. Also use the gym every morn...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear jit78,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We truly appreciate the great review especially on our associates that exceeded your expectations. I am sorry to hear that we could not accommodate your late checkout request and unfortunately this is based off availability. We do value the great feedback that you have provided us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean, fun for the kids and the staff was fantastic. It is a super place to stay to escape from the hustle and bustle of what is Orlando. The parking was a breeze. All the little things that reduce the stress of a wild Disney vacation with children. We will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear GYFamily,

Thank you for the rave review on Tripadvisor! I agree with you that our resort is ideal if you want to be close to all of the theme parks, shopping, and restaurants but also located in an area that has access to all parts of Orlando. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you and your family stay with us in the near future!

Vancouver
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed with my family during a Florida vacation over the 4th of July weekend. By no means is this facility a fancy resort. It is sort of a motel style hotel, with a pretty nice lobby, good gym and a nice pool area.

Overall, for the amount charged we felt we got very good value for money. If you are SPG Plat, you will get the resort fee waived and a voucher for 2 continental breakfasts. We were upgraded to a junior suite which was great for our stay.

The rooms were recently renovated, but the overall quality of renovations was not so good. But the rooms were clean and functional.

The staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

If you are looking for a true resort experience, you will be dissappointed, but if you need a place as a base in Orlando with good public facilities such as the pool area, gym, etc... I would recommend.

1 Thank jjkathome
Dear jjkathome,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. We appreciate the great feedback especially from our loyal Platinum guests. We're so pleased that you had a positive experience with us and we hope to be your home away from home when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Only stayed one night, not impressed but not the worst of hotels either. Not in the best area but a pretty convenient location to all of the theme parks. The room was average at best, pretty clean, carpet was old and dingy looking. The bed was comfortable for the most part. Rip off resort fee, if this felt like a resort then don't mind the fee. I would not stay here again and since this is my first stay at a Sheraton I don't think I will be staying at any in the future.

Hello Niccibabi,

I'm so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience at our resort. We truly appreciate the constructive feedback that you have provided us and I will certainly review your comments with my leadership team at the resort. In the future, please connect with me personally and I will make sure you have a wonderful experience!