“Great Escape from the Chaos”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #205 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean, fun for the kids and the staff was fantastic. It is a super place to stay to escape from the hustle and bustle of what is Orlando. The parking was a breeze. All the little things that reduce the stress of a wild Disney vacation with children. We will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear GYFamily,

Thank you for the rave review on Tripadvisor! I agree with you that our resort is ideal if you want to be close to all of the theme parks, shopping, and restaurants but also located in an area that has access to all parts of Orlando. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you and your family stay with us in the near future!

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed with my family during a Florida vacation over the 4th of July weekend. By no means is this facility a fancy resort. It is sort of a motel style hotel, with a pretty nice lobby, good gym and a nice pool area.

Overall, for the amount charged we felt we got very good value for money. If you are SPG Plat, you will get the resort fee waived and a voucher for 2 continental breakfasts. We were upgraded to a junior suite which was great for our stay.

The rooms were recently renovated, but the overall quality of renovations was not so good. But the rooms were clean and functional.

The staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

If you are looking for a true resort experience, you will be dissappointed, but if you need a place as a base in Orlando with good public facilities such as the pool area, gym, etc... I would recommend.

1  Thank jjkathome

Dear jjkathome,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. We appreciate the great feedback especially from our loyal Platinum guests. We're so pleased that you had a positive experience with us and we hope to be your home away from home when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Only stayed one night, not impressed but not the worst of hotels either. Not in the best area but a pretty convenient location to all of the theme parks. The room was average at best, pretty clean, carpet was old and dingy looking. The bed was comfortable for the most part. Rip off resort fee, if this felt like a resort then don't mind the fee. I would not stay here again and since this is my first stay at a Sheraton I don't think I will be staying at any in the future.

Hello Niccibabi,

I'm so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience at our resort. We truly appreciate the constructive feedback that you have provided us and I will certainly review your comments with my leadership team at the resort. In the future, please connect with me personally and I will make sure you have a wonderful experience!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here over spring break with three kids. Great renovations, rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Very nice pool area, although very crowded.Very close to Downtown Disney. Only real complaint was gift/snack shop. No prices on any food items, understaffed (always a big line in the morning for coffee}, and not much selection. If you can get a good rate here, it is a good option when traveling with kids.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a room facing the pool, otherwise you will face a busy road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jrdanmaciel,

Thank you for the awesome review on Tripadvisor! I'm so glad that you and your family had a great stay with us. I'm glad that we're your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Orlando! Thank you for the great feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for 2-nights. This is a renovated property but it is very up to date, beautiful and clean!! The Staff from Valet, Check-in, pool staff and Spa were all beyond friendly, helpful and made us feel comfortable and relaxed.

We had a few spa treatments and the Spa was absolutely wonderful! My husband said he had the best massage ever!! I had a facial and a 25-minute massage which were both out of the world excellent. I liked that the Esthetician was educational about skin care not only for me, but also made suggestions for my husband!

The Hotel is very close to lots of restaurants and even a 24-hour grocery store if needed!

Never had a problem with getting enough towels at the pool. The pool is nice because it has one that the little kids mainly stayed in and another one for older kids & adults. I also thought it was cool that the pool stayed open till 11pm! There were lots of families and children at the pool till it closed which is a nice way to finish off a long day.

Our room was spacious with a comfortable bed and pillows and down comforter.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return. While we were not traveling with children, it seemed like a kid friendly place.

The only thing I would suggest is we got a cabana for the day at the pool - the Servers were great and vert attentive, but the chairs did not recline. So we ended up having to get the regular lounge chairs that were around the pool. Otherwise, it was very enjoyable.

Suggestion for dinner.. Delmonico's which is 10-min drive. Food was great and very well priced and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ConDMedic
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear ConDMedic,

Thank you for the great feedback on your most recent stay with us! It’s great to hear that our staff especially our SPA associates exceeded your expectations. I will definitely share your comments with our team and we look forward to your next visit in the near future!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Hotel room was very clean, beds were very comfy. The staff we encountered all were most helpful & seemed to enjoy their work. The food ordered from the pool menu was very good, as were the cocktails recommended by our waitress. (Who was excellent, by the way!) I would definitely return to this hotel.

Hello savannahbestmom,

Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor! I'm so glad that you had a great experience with us and that you thought our hotel was a great value. We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

So many hotels to choose from...you can find better. Rated to high for what it is..The worse night sleep I have ever had..A/C was so noisy. Every time it turned on it vibrated and would startle you awake. The traffic outside could be heard along with their car alarms. The room was outdated. The grout was redone...though you could see the mold coming through. The housekeeper knocking on the door before 9. They charged you 17.00 for 2 bottle of water, parking and internet. Did not need any of that...I hate that!!!
Would never return! so many better hotels.

Room Tip: not 1214! Too loud from parking lot
2  Thank pammer22

Hello pammer22,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. I'm sorry to hear that you had an average experience with us. We will review your comments with our team and address your concerns accordingly. Our resort fee (which is one of the lowest in Orlando) is 16.95 and includes parking, transportation to all Disney Theme parks, resort activities, and internet. Most resorts in Orlando charge a resort fee and charge separately for parking and internet. Needless to say, I’m sorry for the inconveniences you encountered and thank you for your comments and input.