“A great alternative to Disney properties”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #201 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“A great alternative to Disney properties”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room was large, clean and very comfortable. The excercise room had all the latest equipment. Desk help was very friendly and helpful. There are a number of eating options in the hotel and many more blocks from the hotel. The pool area is large and very family friendly. A great place to stay

1 Thank Dafera
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Dafera,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We truly appreciate the positive comments and we're glad that you and your family had a great stay with us. I will also make sure that we change our salt and pepper shakers to the correct position. Thank you for letting us know and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton for a quick weekend getaway. It was perfect. The pools were awesome for all ages. My 9 year old son loved the basketball hoops in the pool and the water slide. They had 2 Jacuzzi's and nice sitting areas by the pool. You can rent a cabana and the bar was awesome. They can make you any drink you desire at 27 Palms. They do many kids activities also. The location is awesome...1 mile to Downtown Disney. The rooms were spacious. The beds & pillows were so comfy! It was nice having a balcony overlooking the pool too. They provide bottled water in the room and they had a line to hang wet suits in the tub area, which was nice.
They have a $16 resort fee, but it includes internet, parking.. well worth it to me considering all the amenities they had. They also have a breakfast buffet (pricey) but good. I would definitely stay here again. It worked out perfect as we did not want to do parks and just enjoy the hotel with no major plans. A quick note to the manager...in Zest. the salt & pepper shaker tops are backwards : ) .

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool area, but not too low.
1 Thank JULRUF
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Hello JULRUF
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We truly appreciate the positive review that you have provided us and we will certainly share your great comments with our entire team. We truly appreciate the five star review and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was here on a business trip was not looking forward to stay at this location. But to my surprise it was GREAT!!!! Very nice court & rooms very clean! If I ever go back to Orlando I would stay here!
Great location- Staff OUTSTANDING! one downside room was not ready at 4:00 PM they said they would call me when room was ready but never called !
Stayed on a SPG floor ask for it!

Room Tip: Ask for SPG floor!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shifu1
Dear Shifu1,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate the great review that you have provided us especially from one of our loyal SPG guests. Thank you for your comments and we hope to be your home away from home when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights back in January 2013. booked on Hotwire so we got the room for a pretty good deal. Bed was very comfortable and staff accommodating. It was fairly cold so I never used the pool or any of those amenities. Would stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George D
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear George D,

Thank you for the positive review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate your wonderful comments and we're glad that our staff and resort met your expectations.We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Central Florida!

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The most horrible experience. I checked in the hotel, it was a prepaid reservation for 3 rooms with my family members. I specifically asked, if there is anything extra I have to pay, the front desk said NO. At the time of check out again, I specifically asked is there anything I need to pay apart from the prepaid reservation, I was told "NO". Guess what. 3 days after I check out, my credit card company calls me and tells me that Sheraton is trying to charge you $180. I called the hotel and asked, they said it some "resort fees". I was shocked. Why was I not told at the time of check in and check out? I spoke to front desk manager and she was so rude and said it was mandatory and you have to pay. I feel like cheated and harassed. I have been staying in Sheraton for past 10 years, never had such a horrible experience. My family and I are so disappointed that I would never stay in Sheraton again. This hotel is a cheating place to extract your money. Plus they say they are 4 star. Seeing the quality of rooms and corridors, even 2 star motel s are better than this hotel. I would say, stay anywhere in Orlando but not in Sheraton lake Buena vista.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank GN10029
To all of our Tripadvisor Followers,

We welcome all types of reviews....positive or negative because we want to have honest feedback on how we can improve on our services. However this particular guest is utilizing Tripadvisor as a way to force our resort to refund credits that are not merited. We believe in making every guest experience an enjoyable occasion, however we will not be pressured nor blackmailed with a potential negative review in order to get credits that generally does not occur with our guests. Our history at our resort demonstrates that we value our customers and their business and we go above and beyond to make their stay memorable. We want to emphasize to all of our loyal and future guests that we enjoy Tripadvisor and the feedback that it provides us to improve our overall services.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We've stayed here a few times now on trips to Orlando (which is a quick weekend trip for us), first as a couple and later as a family. We have come back because we liked the convenient location and found the hotel generally good. However in the past year I think that this hotel's maintenance has gotten worse and we plan to try staying somewhere else the next time we go to Orlando.

Pros:
• Great location that is close to a lot of the Orlando amusement park attractions (although South Apopka Vineland Road is so busy sometimes it can take you a half hour to go only 3 blocks!)
• Pretty pool areas with a variety of water activities for all ages (see more about pools though below)
• Polite and friendly front desk staff
• Responsive housekeeping brought us a crib very quickly upon check-in, and seems generally receptive to requests for items like extra towels.
• Very comfortable beds
• Convenient food area
• Resort fee of about $17 includes both parking and WiFi in room (far more reasonable price than most hotels in the area)

Cons:
• Cleanliness—I don’t remember being concerned about this in our last visits, so it seems to be slipping in past year. In this last trip I found rather disgusting looking uncleaned stains on the upholstered furniture, and hairs in bathroom. The bed was spotless though, which is the most important thing.
• NOISE- this is a big issue for this hotel. I've had several different rooms and it is a catch-22 choice, if you face in towards the pool you can get a rowdy pool crowd until late-- the pool closes at 11:00pm and this closing time is not strictly enforced-- but if you get an outwards facing room the street sounds can be very loud as well. The walls are thin and you hear a lot of noise from the hallways. Not a great sleeping situation with small kids.
• Pool maintenance- we were shocked on this stay to be swimming in the pool and suddenly find SEVERAL very large bugs (with pinchers and over 4 inches long!) swimming in the pool with us!! Google “giant water beetle FL” to see a picture, including one of this type of buy eating a turtle! We live in FL and we know there are a lot of bugs here, we can turn a blind eye to the occasional roach, but this was a bit too much. They were all over the pool area (deck and in pools), and when I pointed one out to a pool attendant she shrugged apologetically. When I contacted the management about this later they sent a very nice email assuring me that these aren’t cockroaches, but water beetles, and said that they were a result of recent rains. Perhaps, but the sight of those bugs ended our pool fun very quickly and we didn’t really feel like swimming at all after that.

That’s about all I can say about this hotel now. As I said, I wouldn’t write this hotel off completely, given its generally good history, but we’re looking around for a new favorite Orlando hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J F
Dear J F,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton LBVR. Your comments are certainly welcomed and I'm sorry for some of the inconveniences you encounter during your stay with us. Your concerns are very important to us and we will address the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping leaders. We also do appreciate the positive comments and we will certainly recognize these specific departments.

Thank you for your valuable feedback JF. We truly appreciate the review and we look forward to better serve you in the near future!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was a terrible hotel! I cannot believe it was rated as a four star. My family will NEVER stay here again. The a/c was super loud and woke us up every time it would turn on. The walls are paper thin, you can hear everything and anyone who walked up and down the hallways. Our bathroom was disgusting, hairs (not just the kind from the top of your head) on the floor, the grouting was coming apart in the shower, the tub was filthy, and our sheets had stains! We had requested a crib for our toddler when we made our reservation, we confirmed our request when we checked in, it took us calling the front desk twice (and a few hours) before we received it! Also, not that the hotel could do anything about this, but all night we heard the loud cars zooming by. So if you actually plan on sleeping do not stay here, or at the very least do not stay in the wing facing the main street.

I'm so glad we only stayed one night, we couldn't wait to check out the next morning. Please spend the extra $ and stay at a nicer hotel, this Sheraton hotel was awful!

Dear vickyloohoo,

I'm so sorry about your recent experience at our resort. I know that our Director of Recreation did reach out to you and apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We will certainly review and address your concerns with our operation leaders so that we can not only improve our product but also our overall services as well. We truly appreciate your input and we hope to better serve you in the near future!