Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,791 results
All reviewspool areaspg pointsspg memberbunk bedsfire pitdowntown disneyan older hotelfamily suiteolive gardendisney worldpoolside barconvenience storegreat poolmini fridgeorlando areagift shopfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The most horrible experience. I checked in the hotel, it was a prepaid reservation for 3 rooms with my family members. I specifically asked, if there is anything extra I have to pay, the front desk said NO. At the time of check out again, I specifically asked is there anything I need to pay apart from the prepaid reservation, I was told "NO". Guess what. 3 days after I check out, my credit card company calls me and tells me that Sheraton is trying to charge you $180. I called the hotel and asked, they said it some "resort fees". I was shocked. Why was I not told at the time of check in and check out? I spoke to front desk manager and she was so rude and said it was mandatory and you have to pay. I feel like cheated and harassed. I have been staying in Sheraton for past 10 years, never had such a horrible experience. My family and I are so disappointed that I would never stay in Sheraton again. This hotel is a cheating place to extract your money. Plus they say they are 4 star. Seeing the quality of rooms and corridors, even 2 star motel s are better than this hotel. I would say, stay anywhere in Orlando but not in Sheraton lake Buena vista.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GN10029
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

To all of our Tripadvisor Followers,

We welcome all types of reviews....positive or negative because we want to have honest feedback on how we can improve on our services. However this particular guest is utilizing Tripadvisor as a way to force our resort to refund credits that are not merited. We believe in making every guest experience an enjoyable occasion, however we will not be pressured nor blackmailed with a potential negative review in order to get credits that generally does not occur with our guests. Our history at our resort demonstrates that we value our customers and their business and we go above and beyond to make their stay memorable. We want to emphasize to all of our loyal and future guests that we enjoy Tripadvisor and the feedback that it provides us to improve our overall services.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We've stayed here a few times now on trips to Orlando (which is a quick weekend trip for us), first as a couple and later as a family. We have come back because we liked the convenient location and found the hotel generally good. However in the past year I think that this hotel's maintenance has gotten worse and we plan to try staying somewhere else the next time we go to Orlando.

Pros:
• Great location that is close to a lot of the Orlando amusement park attractions (although South Apopka Vineland Road is so busy sometimes it can take you a half hour to go only 3 blocks!)
• Pretty pool areas with a variety of water activities for all ages (see more about pools though below)
• Polite and friendly front desk staff
• Responsive housekeeping brought us a crib very quickly upon check-in, and seems generally receptive to requests for items like extra towels.
• Very comfortable beds
• Convenient food area
• Resort fee of about $17 includes both parking and WiFi in room (far more reasonable price than most hotels in the area)

Cons:
• Cleanliness—I don’t remember being concerned about this in our last visits, so it seems to be slipping in past year. In this last trip I found rather disgusting looking uncleaned stains on the upholstered furniture, and hairs in bathroom. The bed was spotless though, which is the most important thing.
• NOISE- this is a big issue for this hotel. I've had several different rooms and it is a catch-22 choice, if you face in towards the pool you can get a rowdy pool crowd until late-- the pool closes at 11:00pm and this closing time is not strictly enforced-- but if you get an outwards facing room the street sounds can be very loud as well. The walls are thin and you hear a lot of noise from the hallways. Not a great sleeping situation with small kids.
• Pool maintenance- we were shocked on this stay to be swimming in the pool and suddenly find SEVERAL very large bugs (with pinchers and over 4 inches long!) swimming in the pool with us!! Google “giant water beetle FL” to see a picture, including one of this type of buy eating a turtle! We live in FL and we know there are a lot of bugs here, we can turn a blind eye to the occasional roach, but this was a bit too much. They were all over the pool area (deck and in pools), and when I pointed one out to a pool attendant she shrugged apologetically. When I contacted the management about this later they sent a very nice email assuring me that these aren’t cockroaches, but water beetles, and said that they were a result of recent rains. Perhaps, but the sight of those bugs ended our pool fun very quickly and we didn’t really feel like swimming at all after that.

That’s about all I can say about this hotel now. As I said, I wouldn’t write this hotel off completely, given its generally good history, but we’re looking around for a new favorite Orlando hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J F

Dear J F,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton LBVR. Your comments are certainly welcomed and I'm sorry for some of the inconveniences you encounter during your stay with us. Your concerns are very important to us and we will address the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping leaders. We also do appreciate the positive comments and we will certainly recognize these specific departments.

Thank you for your valuable feedback JF. We truly appreciate the review and we look forward to better serve you in the near future!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was a terrible hotel! I cannot believe it was rated as a four star. My family will NEVER stay here again. The a/c was super loud and woke us up every time it would turn on. The walls are paper thin, you can hear everything and anyone who walked up and down the hallways. Our bathroom was disgusting, hairs (not just the kind from the top of your head) on the floor, the grouting was coming apart in the shower, the tub was filthy, and our sheets had stains! We had requested a crib for our toddler when we made our reservation, we confirmed our request when we checked in, it took us calling the front desk twice (and a few hours) before we received it! Also, not that the hotel could do anything about this, but all night we heard the loud cars zooming by. So if you actually plan on sleeping do not stay here, or at the very least do not stay in the wing facing the main street.

I'm so glad we only stayed one night, we couldn't wait to check out the next morning. Please spend the extra $ and stay at a nicer hotel, this Sheraton hotel was awful!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear vickyloohoo,

I'm so sorry about your recent experience at our resort. I know that our Director of Recreation did reach out to you and apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We will certainly review and address your concerns with our operation leaders so that we can not only improve our product but also our overall services as well. We truly appreciate your input and we hope to better serve you in the near future!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for a trade show at the Orlando Conference Center. The positive points about this hotel are that the staff was helpful and the rooms are of decent size and quality. The hotel restaurant, though not fancy, has a nice menu and the food is pretty good. The weaker points are that it's a bit far from the Conference Center, and the upkeep of the facility itself could be better. A taxi ride from this hotel to the Conference Center cost me almost $25. All in all, I had a decent stay.

Room Tip: Avoid pool side room if you want to sleep late. With children and family playing in the pool, it gets very noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear siyuen,

Thank you for the recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. Although we're glad that you had a positive stay with us. I will certainly address your constructive comments with our engineering and housekeeping team for corrective action. We truly appreciate your valuable feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed here many times and I am never disappointed, but always delighted. It is impressive that the staff is always friendly, the food and service superb and the property is beautiful and well-maintained. I can't wait to visit again! Charlotte Matza/PA

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Charlotte M,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. We're so glad to hear that our resort is your favorite place to stay! Our team works very hard to provide a memorable experience for our guests and we're pleased to read that we were able to live up to that standard. We truly appreciate the wonderful review and look forward to your visit on your next trip to Orlando!