We've stayed here a few times now on trips to Orlando (which is a quick weekend trip for us), first as a couple and later as a family. We have come back because we liked the convenient location and found the hotel generally good. However in the past year I think that this hotel's maintenance has gotten worse and we plan to try staying somewhere else the next time we go to Orlando.
• Great location that is close to a lot of the Orlando amusement park attractions (although South Apopka Vineland Road is so busy sometimes it can take you a half hour to go only 3 blocks!)
• Pretty pool areas with a variety of water activities for all ages (see more about pools though below)
• Polite and friendly front desk staff
• Responsive housekeeping brought us a crib very quickly upon check-in, and seems generally receptive to requests for items like extra towels.
• Very comfortable beds
• Convenient food area
• Resort fee of about $17 includes both parking and WiFi in room (far more reasonable price than most hotels in the area)
• Cleanliness—I don’t remember being concerned about this in our last visits, so it seems to be slipping in past year. In this last trip I found rather disgusting looking uncleaned stains on the upholstered furniture, and hairs in bathroom. The bed was spotless though, which is the most important thing.
• NOISE- this is a big issue for this hotel. I've had several different rooms and it is a catch-22 choice, if you face in towards the pool you can get a rowdy pool crowd until late-- the pool closes at 11:00pm and this closing time is not strictly enforced-- but if you get an outwards facing room the street sounds can be very loud as well. The walls are thin and you hear a lot of noise from the hallways. Not a great sleeping situation with small kids.
• Pool maintenance- we were shocked on this stay to be swimming in the pool and suddenly find SEVERAL very large bugs (with pinchers and over 4 inches long!) swimming in the pool with us!! Google “giant water beetle FL” to see a picture, including one of this type of buy eating a turtle! We live in FL and we know there are a lot of bugs here, we can turn a blind eye to the occasional roach, but this was a bit too much. They were all over the pool area (deck and in pools), and when I pointed one out to a pool attendant she shrugged apologetically. When I contacted the management about this later they sent a very nice email assuring me that these aren’t cockroaches, but water beetles, and said that they were a result of recent rains. Perhaps, but the sight of those bugs ended our pool fun very quickly and we didn’t really feel like swimming at all after that.
That’s about all I can say about this hotel now. As I said, I wouldn’t write this hotel off completely, given its generally good history, but we’re looking around for a new favorite Orlando hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a few blocks from the Downtown Disney entrance to Walt Disney World Resort, our Orlando Resort features a full service spa, family suites, two pools, kids activities, complimentary Wi-Fi, and free transportation to all Disney Theme Parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Safari Orlando
- Sheraton Orlando
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton Safari Hotel