“Convenient to Orlando attractions, but I use to like this hotel more....”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #202 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
“Convenient to Orlando attractions, but I use to like this hotel more....”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We've stayed here a few times now on trips to Orlando (which is a quick weekend trip for us), first as a couple and later as a family. We have come back because we liked the convenient location and found the hotel generally good. However in the past year I think that this hotel's maintenance has gotten worse and we plan to try staying somewhere else the next time we go to Orlando.

Pros:
• Great location that is close to a lot of the Orlando amusement park attractions (although South Apopka Vineland Road is so busy sometimes it can take you a half hour to go only 3 blocks!)
• Pretty pool areas with a variety of water activities for all ages (see more about pools though below)
• Polite and friendly front desk staff
• Responsive housekeeping brought us a crib very quickly upon check-in, and seems generally receptive to requests for items like extra towels.
• Very comfortable beds
• Convenient food area
• Resort fee of about $17 includes both parking and WiFi in room (far more reasonable price than most hotels in the area)

Cons:
• Cleanliness—I don’t remember being concerned about this in our last visits, so it seems to be slipping in past year. In this last trip I found rather disgusting looking uncleaned stains on the upholstered furniture, and hairs in bathroom. The bed was spotless though, which is the most important thing.
• NOISE- this is a big issue for this hotel. I've had several different rooms and it is a catch-22 choice, if you face in towards the pool you can get a rowdy pool crowd until late-- the pool closes at 11:00pm and this closing time is not strictly enforced-- but if you get an outwards facing room the street sounds can be very loud as well. The walls are thin and you hear a lot of noise from the hallways. Not a great sleeping situation with small kids.
• Pool maintenance- we were shocked on this stay to be swimming in the pool and suddenly find SEVERAL very large bugs (with pinchers and over 4 inches long!) swimming in the pool with us!! Google “giant water beetle FL” to see a picture, including one of this type of buy eating a turtle! We live in FL and we know there are a lot of bugs here, we can turn a blind eye to the occasional roach, but this was a bit too much. They were all over the pool area (deck and in pools), and when I pointed one out to a pool attendant she shrugged apologetically. When I contacted the management about this later they sent a very nice email assuring me that these aren’t cockroaches, but water beetles, and said that they were a result of recent rains. Perhaps, but the sight of those bugs ended our pool fun very quickly and we didn’t really feel like swimming at all after that.

That’s about all I can say about this hotel now. As I said, I wouldn’t write this hotel off completely, given its generally good history, but we’re looking around for a new favorite Orlando hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J F
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear J F,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton LBVR. Your comments are certainly welcomed and I'm sorry for some of the inconveniences you encounter during your stay with us. Your concerns are very important to us and we will address the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping leaders. We also do appreciate the positive comments and we will certainly recognize these specific departments.

Thank you for your valuable feedback JF. We truly appreciate the review and we look forward to better serve you in the near future!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was a terrible hotel! I cannot believe it was rated as a four star. My family will NEVER stay here again. The a/c was super loud and woke us up every time it would turn on. The walls are paper thin, you can hear everything and anyone who walked up and down the hallways. Our bathroom was disgusting, hairs (not just the kind from the top of your head) on the floor, the grouting was coming apart in the shower, the tub was filthy, and our sheets had stains! We had requested a crib for our toddler when we made our reservation, we confirmed our request when we checked in, it took us calling the front desk twice (and a few hours) before we received it! Also, not that the hotel could do anything about this, but all night we heard the loud cars zooming by. So if you actually plan on sleeping do not stay here, or at the very least do not stay in the wing facing the main street.

I'm so glad we only stayed one night, we couldn't wait to check out the next morning. Please spend the extra $ and stay at a nicer hotel, this Sheraton hotel was awful!

Dear vickyloohoo,

I'm so sorry about your recent experience at our resort. I know that our Director of Recreation did reach out to you and apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We will certainly review and address your concerns with our operation leaders so that we can not only improve our product but also our overall services as well. We truly appreciate your input and we hope to better serve you in the near future!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for a trade show at the Orlando Conference Center. The positive points about this hotel are that the staff was helpful and the rooms are of decent size and quality. The hotel restaurant, though not fancy, has a nice menu and the food is pretty good. The weaker points are that it's a bit far from the Conference Center, and the upkeep of the facility itself could be better. A taxi ride from this hotel to the Conference Center cost me almost $25. All in all, I had a decent stay.

Room Tip: Avoid pool side room if you want to sleep late. With children and family playing in the pool, it ge...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear siyuen,

Thank you for the recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. Although we're glad that you had a positive stay with us. I will certainly address your constructive comments with our engineering and housekeeping team for corrective action. We truly appreciate your valuable feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed here many times and I am never disappointed, but always delighted. It is impressive that the staff is always friendly, the food and service superb and the property is beautiful and well-maintained. I can't wait to visit again! Charlotte Matza/PA

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Charlotte M,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. We're so glad to hear that our resort is your favorite place to stay! Our team works very hard to provide a memorable experience for our guests and we're pleased to read that we were able to live up to that standard. We truly appreciate the wonderful review and look forward to your visit on your next trip to Orlando!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend to celebrate by daughter's 2nd birthday party. We had 4 sleeping rooms - 8 of us staying there all together. We had the most amazing time! The rooms are newly renovated (along with the rest of the hotel) and they were fantastic - spacious, well decorated, comfortable and clean. We got a cabana by the pool on Saturday and they even decorated it with a happy birthday banner and balloons for us. We really enjoyed the day with friends and family. The pool area is amazing! It had the perfect "toddler" area for my daughter where the water wasn't too deep. It was the ideal place for her to play all afternoon. The pool also has a deeper side with volleyball and basketball on one end and another pool with a water slide that the older kids (and adults) all enjoyed. They even showed a "dive in" movie on Friday night that was such a neat experience to watch while swimming.
Aside from the physical aspects of a hotel the staff is also really important and can really make or break a vacation for me. But I can say, without a doubt that this hotel has a fantastic staff! Each person we interacted with (from our house keeper to our pool server) was wonderful and truly knew the meaning of hospitality. We ordered food from the pool bar on Saturday and the prices were great (considering most resorts charge you $6 for a soda -- these prices were MUCH more reasonable) and the food was delicious.
When it comes to hotels I have very high standards but there is not a bad thing that I can say about this property. I love everything from the proximity of where we could park to how far away our rooms was - to the comfort of the bed - to the entire resort atmosphere. I'd give them 10 stars if I could!! The only downside was that I had to leave at the end of the weekend but I'm already planning my next stay. What a great hotel!! If you're in the area and looking for a place to stay you really need to give this property a shot.

Dear AngieB213,

Thank you for the outstanding review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate the wonderful comments and we're glad that you and your family had an amazing experience! Thank you again and we hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Very good stay at this hotel, nice room, big enough for our family of 5. Clean rooms, close to park, and downtown area, lots of restaurants in the area, and lots of traffic around as well.. overall excellent stay and priced well.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Maria J
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista last weekend for an event I was attending and it was an amazing experience. From the moment I checked in the staff was welcoming and helpful. I arrived at 11:30 am and they were able to still check me into my room as soon as I arrived. I was there for 4 days and did not have a single issue. Its a big resort with alot to see and do. When we would ask about where something was or about anything having to do with the resort the staff went above and beyond to make sure we knew all the perks. Now I will say the price for the breakfast buffet was a little high (14 dollars) but the food was worth it if you plan on eating alot. Everything was fresh and they had many options. I only got one plate worth and the server noticed this and took 2 dollars off my bill because I didnt really have that much! I didnt expect or ask for that but appreciated it so much. The event I attended consisted of pool parties and after parties all held at the hotel and had hundreds of people and this hotel was able to handle all of it without issue. And they never once seemed overwhelmed or annoyed by all the people. It was a wonderful experience. I work 60 hours a week all year just for one week of vacation and they truly made it that much more enjoyable. Oh and one last thing. THE FITNESS CENTER IS AMAZING!!!!! You will WANT to work out. Trust me. Wonderful place to stay and will be a must go hotel my next Orlando vacation.

Room Tip: Poolside suite is what I had and it was amazing!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank btvs23
Hello btvs23,

Thank you for the great review on the Sheraton LBVR. We're so glad that you had a wonderful time at our resort. We truly appreciate the great feedback and we will certainly share your positive comments with our entire team!