“Mostly good”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #205 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I was in and out - two nights for a meeting. I was in a large room. It was ok, but nothing special and I heard from others that the regular rooms were small. Inky room, there was a bed with a foot of the wall where the closet was. This meant that there was difficult closet access.

The meeting space was great as was the staff. I gave several lectures and was pleased with the facilities. The food was great!

It is close to Disney, but the road the it sits on is traffic nightmare.

• Stayed: March 2013
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Hello Drcatch23,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. Im glad that overall you had a pleasant stay with us and we truly appreciate having your conference at our resort. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Orlando!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and found this resort very suitable for families and all travelers whether in business or pleasure.

Location is 15 minutes drive from DisneyWorld during non commute hours and has numerous restaurants, shops, markets within walking distance. Hotel has complimentary shuttle service running on fixed schedule to Disney parks. There is abundant parking on the hotel grounds and free wifi part of the resort fee one has to pay. Note that traffic is bumper to bumper bad during commute hours in this area regardless of where you stay on the main strip.

From our experiences with all hotel staff including front desk, restaurants, and gift shop everyone was top notch and very welcoming. The gift shop is very extensive and carries similar items to a 7 Eleven and also serves ice cream, coffee and blended drinks. Very convenient if one does not have a car or has a last minute late night purchase as they open until 11p.

The continental breakfast goes until 11am and the food is continuously brought in up to closing time so everything is fresh from the kitchen. There is an all day room service menu which had great food for decent prices.

There are two large swimming pools with shallow depths for young children and the pool area has a full service bar and food service.

The hotel is very safe, quiet, and very suitable for all travelers to the Orlando area. We stayed in a King suite which had a pull out sofa bed to sleep 2 additional guests if needed. Our room had a frig, safe, dining table and full 3 piece sofa in a separate room. The bedroom had a balcony facing the pool, this seem to be the layout for all rooms in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear vg247,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We truly appreciate your detailed review and we're glad that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to be your hotel of choice on your next visit to Orlando!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. I Wasn't sure what to expect but it was a good experience overall.

The rooms were fairly large which was nice. The pool area was nice and a fun place for kids.

The location isn't great without a car which we didn't have. Getting to places like International Drive is expensive. There are free shuttles to Disney but they are limited to very specific times.

The Vineland road outlet mall is nearby and that's a free shuttle which is great.

Most staff was nice but one was stingy on the late check out even though I am gold. I asked another person after I was denied and was able to get it so it was obviously at the person's discretion.

If you are gold you can get the resort fee waived as the free gift at check in which is nice.

There are quite a few restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room rather than street view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Hello sorjue,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. It’s great to hear that we exceeded your expectations, especially from one of our loyal SPG gold members. With regards to checkout, we had a very tight turn during your stay and unfortunately we could not honor all late checkouts. We truly appreciate your response & loyalty to Starwood and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here as it was the location for a Conference which had a block of rooms. And while being at the same site as the days activities is convenient, this property is tired and older than what I would expect from a Sheraton brand, especially near Disney (that is tough competition by itself).
The public areas seemed clean, just felt dated and 1990's layout. While it is becoming the norm for paid internet access in your room, and free in hotel public areas, both were painfully inept by modern WiFi - slow, hard to get on if the lobby or poolside bar area are busy, etc. The room was not completely spartan to amenities, yet it was very basic. Everything was good and clean in direct sight, the details behind night stands, beds, desks & TV Stands need some help. And the AC/HVAC filter needed attention. Towels and bed linens were standard and acceptable. This would likely be a good choice for a quick overnight, but multiple nights can leave a boring impression. The location is good for name brand Franchises within and easy walking distance and some of the Conference folks even walked the 20 minute walk to Downtown Disney / Marketplace / Pleasure Island area (75-80 degree weather made it bearable).

Hello Da_YguY,

We appreciate your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. I can assure you that our standards are not "ok" and I'm grateful for the feedback that you have provided us. I certainly will address your comments with our entire team. Our resort just completed a 25 million dollar renovation to not only guest rooms but also public space, pool, and convention center. We certainly welcome all types of feedback and I do appreciate your candid and honest review.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a professional meeting planner i can recommend this hotel. It's standard Starwood quality and style is great. Recently redone and amazing fire pit and pool area. Great for professional traveler who wants to bring the family along. And, it's only about 5/10 minutes from most of the disney properties. Watch the hotel catering folks, they will try to nickel and dime you for hotel F&B fees etc. New meeting space ballroom is flexible and perfect for 100 - 300 people!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hello jay b,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. I'm glad that you had a great stay with us and that your conference went well at the property. I certainly will share your feedback with our entire team. We truly appreciate your review and we look forward to your next visit in the near future!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently spent a week at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort for a conference for work. The hotel itself is an average 4-start hotel. Nothing special. Food and drinks at the pool bar were cheap and good. As far as the conference room, it was crowded and uncomfortable. The wireless internet was down for over a day so the interactive part of our conference was not able to be done. They hotels response was that "this never happens."

What really upset me was that without my knowledge or permission, someone at the front desk gave my employer a key to my room. Yes, my room was booked with my employer's credit card but it was my name on the room and I should have been contacted. They had my cell phone number on file if there was any question and I was not called or notified. Luckily I have a good relationship with the people I work with.

Personally I would never again stay in a hotel or recommend a hotel that gives access to people's rooms to random guests that ask for a key, even if they are in my same party.

1  Thank DrJay85

Dear DrJay85,

We appreciate your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. Our guest security is very important to us and we certainly do not take issues like this lightly. At your convenience, please call me at my office so that we can discuss this matter in more detail. Thank you for your response and I look forward to connecting with you soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I can't really say much good or bad -- the hotel is average at best. The on-site food service is extremely limited, with the pool cafe menu mostly replicated from main restaurant. I ordered breakfast with door hang tag on my first night, but the tag was never replaced. I'm guessing families staying here for Disney trips where most time is spent off property would have a better time.

The pool area also pumps in music all day, so if you have a pool facing room expect to hear the music until 10pm or so nightly.

Hi Donald B,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. Im sorry to hear that you had an average experience at our resort. While some hotels would be ok with that, that is certainly not the case here. We have very high expectations and I can assure you that we will review your feedback and improve our services. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to better serve you in the near future!