“Very nice Hotel”

Ranked #190 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Very nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Hotel is very nice, well maintained. The poll and external area was better than I expected.
The only reason I'm penalizing this review is because the parking lot procedure.
After I checked in I drove my car to the gated parking lot, the gate is supposed to open with the room electronic key, well, it didn't. I have to walk back to the front desk.
The day I checked out, I returned the room's key but the gate to exit the parking also needed the key!!
I had to walk back and then I was informed the gate has a Assistance button to ask the operator to open the door for me.
Other than that, everything Ok.
I definitely will visit the hotel again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Very close to Disney parks and lot of restaurants.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello Ivan L,

Thank you for the great review on your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the positive comments and overall we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I did share your feedback on the parking gate to our front services team which will have this issue remedied immediately. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Happy holidays and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Sheraton for 2 nights for a mini vacataion to the parks. We expected a little bit more, however, the hotel was in a great location. (Sitting between walt disney and universal properties.) The pool was great and the rooms were clean, but overall, was not anything special. You get what you pay for, I guess. We have stayed in other Sheratons and have had better experiences. The hotel staff, however, was very pleasent. Check-in was smooth, and everyone was very polite. They offer self parking and valet. We decided to valet, the bellmen were very helpful because of their knowledge about the area. (dining, directions, etc.) One in particular that helped us throughout our trip was Jake. He also helped us check out.

The hotel offers a transportation system to the Disney properties, however, it was frustrating because there was often a long, unpredictable wait for them. It was also cold at night during our trip which was uncomfortable for the prolonged wait time. This is not the fault of the hotel, but we drove ourselves to the park the second day.

Dear Kayla B,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the great and constructive feedback on your most recent stay with us. I've addressed your concerns with the CEO of our transportation company and he has assured me that they have rectified the issues that you mentioned on the transportation schedule. We also want to thank you for the great comments on our staff. Our front services team is one of the best in the business and we're glad they exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again in Orlando!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked the hotel on priceline and it was rated as a 4 star hotel, but it is really a 3 star hotel. Sheraton rated a category 2 hotel (which is second from the bottom out of 7 categories, 7 being the best). The pool area is nice (but there is really no staff there to serve you), if you need to buy something, you have to go to the bar area and get it yourself. Assistant manager is very nice and responsive but his ability is limited by the hotel quality. The AC is pounding loud, the curtain doesn't block light, the carpet is not clean because our nose were all stuffed during the first night. The restaurant is not bad, most of the hotel staffs are nice, hotel front desk is not very knowledgeable and not responsive.

The hotel is not far from Disney but it is not convenient, you basically need a car to go anywhere. The shuttle bus runs only 2-3 times a day to certain disney parks, which makes it almost impossible to take advantage of. If you want to utilize the shuttle, you either have to come back around early afternoon, or 30 minutes after the park close, so if you get children, it is very hard to follow their schedule. You can pay $10 to take a cab to downtown disney, then take the disney shuttle bus from downtown disney to one of the disney resort, then take the shuttle again from Disney resort to Disney park, which could take anywhere between 45 minute - 1.5 hour. Even if you catch the hotel's shuttle bus, it can still take you more than one hour to the Disney park since you have to take the shuttle to one park (due to the infrequent shuttle schedule) then take the Disney shuttle to the park that you want to visit.

Hello DM,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. I was glad that I was able to talk to you during your stay with us. As I mentioned in our previous conversation, I'm sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I am a little surprised in some of your comments in your review since we both spoke in great detail and cleanliness nor front office service was ever brought up. Needless to say, we appreciate the feedback and I have shared your comments with our entire team for corrective action. Thank you for your response and we hope to provide better service to you in the near future.

San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here and, of course, drove to Universal Studios. Disney is right around the corner and we went to Pleasure Island / Downtown Disney for lunch before our flight out. For one day, the prices are about the same to go to Disney or Universal, but there's a $15 parking charge for Universal.

The room was recently renovated but you can't change the structure. It was an ok room, average bath, good sized, balcony overlooking the pool, what looked to be a very nice and large pool area (didn't use), spa, restaurant, pool bar...

The bed was really nice and comfortable - up to date with the soft pillows, duvet, etc. I'm not sure what else is around in the price range that is so much better. The nicer hotels seemed 2x to 3x more expensive when we looked on-line.

Room Tip: The parking lot can be crowded and is around the exterior of the property. Our room was nearer to t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello gsuen,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. We truly appreciate your positive review and we're glad that you enjoyed our signature, sweet sleeper bed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Snellville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

This property is located close to Disney. Nothing fancy here but a good value. If you have kids the pool is crazy nice and the staff is really friendly. If you are a parent the property seems like a good place for you too. The room is clean an the beds are comfy and they have a shuttle to Disney and many places to eat are nearby. The restaurant is great for breakfast and overall the hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the nice pool area. Avoid a room facing the busy parking lot and street.
1 Thank crazyconch
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear crazyconch,

Thank you for your positive review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm glad that our resort was a solid value for you and we hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Weston, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We spent the weekend 0f 11/16-18 at this hotel.
1)At check in we requested a crib for our 6 months old baby and we were told the crib will be delivered to the room. After 45 minutes we received a call from the front desk saying that they had the crib ready but they didn't have any clean crib sheet to offer. They stated that the sheets were actually washed but all of them had stains and wanted to know if we were ok with that. We went to the nearest walmart and bought a crib sheet for our daughter but we honestly found this unacceptable for a 4 starts hotel at a family destination area.
2)Our room's window was so dirty that we had to open it to be able to see what was going on outside. I took a picture with my phone that I will upload to this review.
I usually don't write reviews on hotels but I guess I would like to know about this before booking my stay.

1 Thank gabias
Dear gabias,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. My name is Gil Reyes and I'm the Assistant General Manager here at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. Your concerns are certainly understandable and I have personally addressed your comments with our Director of Housekeeping and Front Office Manager for corrective measures. This is certainly not up to our standards and if possible; I would like to talk to you about this matter in more detail. Your business is very important to us and I want to win your loyalty back. Again, my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered and I look forward to connecting with you soon.

t — 407.550.1012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the comfortable beds and fluffy pillows. I was super impressed. We arrived late and checked out early so I don't have much to say other than it was the best sleep I've had in a hotel in forever. I'm just sad I didn't get to enjoy the rest of the property!

Hello Lauren R,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. It’s great to hear that you loved our pillows and you can actually purchase them on the Sheraton website. We truly appreciate the wonderful comments and we hope to see you again in the near future!