“Has everything to be great but they make it average.”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #199 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Ornex, France
“Has everything to be great but they make it average.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed 12 nights in this resort in october 2012.

We arrived late at night and the lady at the check-in was really nice. We really appreciated how we have been treated and welcomed.

The view from our room was on the main road (not pool view), which in the first place was disappointing, but later, we found out it was a good thing. The room was really nice, with a comfortable bed. It was standard but well designed.

On 2 evenings that we were in the hotel (maybe it also happened while we were out), they played baseball games on a big "screen" or projector in the pool area. Nobody at all was watching, but the sound was so loud that we left the pool area. Inside, we told someone at the reception, but they didn't care and answered something like "we can't do anything". The second time (the day after), the same occurred but with the sound slightly lower, but still too loud. That's when we realized that if our room was on the pool side, I would have gone mad...

One day, we asked at the reception, if we could take 2 towels from the pool, to go to the beach. She told us that she would advise us to go ask the pool attendants, but that she knew they would say no.

In the pool area, on the lounging chairs, you have a little flag to raise if you want bar service. We raised it a few times, for hours, but no one ever came to take our orders, apart from our last day, when we have been able to order our drinks. They should take them off if we can't use them.

Our room wasn't cleaned properly every day. Used glasses were left,... Every day something wasn't done, until they posted on Facebook some amusement the staff did. I commented that I'de rather them do my room that do that. The assistant manager called me, he also sent some wine and cheese to our room (we don't drink wine and don't eat cheese), however, it was a nice gesture.

We went to the concierge and they started talking about a special price for a theme park if we visited something, but he told us "Are your wives with you because this offer is for married couples". I answered that it was discriminating as we are a gay couple. He then changed what he said and told us that we could also do it if we both speak English (which is not the case of my partner). I was shocked that he said such a thing to me.

One day, a group of maybe 5 or 6 guys which looked and sounded like they were from the hotel's headquarters and were visiting got in the elevator with us, but they didn't say hello, it was obvious that they worked for the company and I believe it's a minimum of politeness from employees.

The hotel is well located, near all the theme parks, the pool area is nice but there isn't sun for many hours as it's surrounded by the hotel.

While you find some member of staff that are really nice, some need some extra coaching and managers checking what's happening.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hello Philie4u,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. I've read your comments with great concern and disappointment and I will certainly address your review with our team members. You and I did talk on the phone during your stay and I was the one that personally sent up the bottle wine and cheese. I will take full responsibility for that and quite frankly my goal was for you to enjoy the rest of your stay with us. My apologies that we did not meet your expectations. I do appreciate your feedback and we will certainly use your comments as a learning tool so that we can improve on our services.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to provide better service to you in the near future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the newly renovated Sheraton Lake Buena Vista for 3 night in November. This was our third time staying at this hotel as we love the location. It is right near the entrance to Downtown Disney yet there are other (chain) restaurants in the area so that you do not have to break the bank on meals. The pool area is great for kids, especially the water slide. They also have a decent gym and a poolside bar.

If you are a Starwood member, the hotel is a category 2. You can't beat their cash and points offer of $30 a nt plus 1,800 points. The only downside is that you now have to pay $10 a nt to park plus a $10 resort fee.

• Stayed November 2012
Hello kcapuani01,

Thank you for the great comments on Tripadvisor. We're glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and we hope that we become your home away from home when your vacation travels bring you back to Orlando!

Southeast
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here for a meeting. This is a renovated older hotel. The common areas were nice enough. The pool area was inviting with 2 pools and plenty of outdoor lounging space, bar and pool chairs. The room was a little small, it was tight with 2 people. There was only one vanity sink and it was open to the bedroom, not closed inside a bathroom. So when you turned on the light to get ready in the morning, it lit up the entire bedroom. The AC was loud and it never cooled enough. We kept it on 60 degrees the entire time and it still was not as cool as it should have been. The beds and pillows were nice and comfy, better than expected with nice linens and feather/down pillows available. There is window but no balcony. The food was better than expected, very good. There is a snack/mini grocery in the lobby and they have a Starbucks. The meeting rooms were nicely done and roomy. Service was good, clean, friendly. There are plenty of places to eat and shop right across the street. This hotel is in the heart of downtown disney.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello medirep,

Thank you for the great review on your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the positive comments and we're glad that we exceeded your expectations. It’s also good to hear that you enjoyed our new meeting space and food & beverage menu. I will share your feedback with our culinary team and they will be delighted to hear that you were pleased with the food offerings.

We truly appreciate the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Winnipeg
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort from the 19-22 of October and had a lovely time. Check in was easy and the bell man that assisted us was great in taking our luggag etc to our room. Jacob even notified maintenance as he had tried to put our diet coke in the fridge but found the fridge was not working. Much appreciated. The room was clean, and the beds comfortable. The pool area was a lot of fun for our 7 year old and we did take advantage of the pool side mani/pedi, but felt it was a bit overpriced. We have stayed at many resorts and really felt that this hotel "nickel and dimed" for all the extra services. It is an older hotel with some renovations but don't go into the hotel expecting a 5 star resort. We would return to this hotel if we got a good deal on it, but we would not be paying a premium price for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello AvdWinni,

Thank you for reviewing our property on your most recent stay with us. We also appreciate the great feedback on our staff, especially our bell person Jacob. With regards to your comments on the value of your pedicure that you received, I have shared this review with our Director of Spa so that she can ensure our pricing is competitive with similar resorts of this size and caliber.

We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope to be able to serve you in the near future!

Homestead, FL
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The property is obvious a converted 3 star. I wouldn't give it a 4 star resort rating. Here are the good points : great location as near restaurants & Disney, very courteous staff, very friendly, rooms clean & spacious, had a small balcony & a huge flat screen TV, beds very comfy. Cons : halways are freesing, strange layout of the hotel to get to your room, fees (self parking & resort are ridiculous), market while it has Starbucks has a lot of be desired), restaurant choice VERY limited).

We did have a small customer service issue which was handled wondefully & we received 2 free days of breakfast buffet which was unsolicited but very nice touch. The pools looked great but too cold so we couldn't use. Nice lobby, modern but I'm used to more stores, arcade for the kids and this was lacking. But the room was large and housekeeping did a good job. Overall we enjoyed our stay. Now we did have a little incident around Midnight that there was a smell of smoke in the hallway & "we" called downstairs 3 times & was told the fire dept would be checking it out & "maybe" we would have to evacuate. Well no follow up from the front desk & needless to say my 9 year old was convinced we were going to die. I finally got him to sleep at 3 am. A follow up call and some reassurance would of been nice.

Also to check out (no folio) on your door & the TV had a zero balance so I guess I have to wait for an e-mail ??? I'm giving it an average due to the fire / smoke issue not handled in the best way.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear pandora174,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. I'm glad that you enjoyed our resort and that our staff made a positive connection with you. I’ve addressed the fire alarm issue with our Directors of Security and Engineering for corrective action and I'm sorry that this happened during your stay with us. I truly appreciate the feedback that you have provided us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is good overall. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. The traffic around the area is terrible. The "black gold" reference in my title refers to what I was charged for a double espresso in the cafe, in the lobby area. There is no way that a business can justify $8.00 for an espresso. This is simply taking advantage of your guests. I accept paying more in hotels, but 4 times Starbucks is pushing it.

• Stayed October 2012
Hello ErnieL94,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I've shared your comments with our Food and Beverage team and we will certainly address your concerns that you mentioned in your review. I will say that our prices are pretty competitive compared to surrounding hotels and sometimes even lower then some of these properties. Needless to say, I'm sorry that our outlet pricing did not meet your expectations. We will continue to do a competitive analysis on our outlet pricing and make changes if needed.

We truly appreciate your helpful feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Rhode Island
Reviewed October 25, 2012

1) Not a bad location but its several stoplights to the parks. Lots of reasonable restaurants, drug stores, etc. nearby.
2) Very siloed -- the front desk can't give you a parking pass, you have to go to the bell desk for that. Not a good check in experience -- they're clearly aligned around families who go to temporary parking, check in, and then move the car. As a business traveller, not my speed. They should give the sheet with the park buses at checkin.
3) Had one of those notices on my key that 75c/day went to USA Today. Never saw a newspaper to my room, the lobby, etc.
4) Rooms are elderly but clean and recently updated. Hallways are pretty bad.
5) Who knows what the $10 resort fee is about? Not much of a resort.
6) Convenience store makes a decent cappucino and has a pretty good glazed doughnut -- muffins would be preferred, however.
7) With the pool area taking up 90% of the outdoor space (and no smoking inside the area), good luck if you want to enjoy a cigar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bangback
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Bangback,

Thank you for your recent comments on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm sorry to hear that you had an average stay with us and that we did not provide the great experience that are well known for. I will certainly address your concerns with my team and will take corrective actions. We appreciate the constructive feedback and we hope to provide better service to you in the near future!