“Just OK”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #207 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 25, 2012

1) Not a bad location but its several stoplights to the parks. Lots of reasonable restaurants, drug stores, etc. nearby.
2) Very siloed -- the front desk can't give you a parking pass, you have to go to the bell desk for that. Not a good check in experience -- they're clearly aligned around families who go to temporary parking, check in, and then move the car. As a business traveller, not my speed. They should give the sheet with the park buses at checkin.
3) Had one of those notices on my key that 75c/day went to USA Today. Never saw a newspaper to my room, the lobby, etc.
4) Rooms are elderly but clean and recently updated. Hallways are pretty bad.
5) Who knows what the $10 resort fee is about? Not much of a resort.
6) Convenience store makes a decent cappucino and has a pretty good glazed doughnut -- muffins would be preferred, however.
7) With the pool area taking up 90% of the outdoor space (and no smoking inside the area), good luck if you want to enjoy a cigar.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bangback
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Bangback,

Thank you for your recent comments on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm sorry to hear that you had an average stay with us and that we did not provide the great experience that are well known for. I will certainly address your concerns with my team and will take corrective actions. We appreciate the constructive feedback and we hope to provide better service to you in the near future!

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

What a nice place to stay. Rooms were very clean, friendly staff. Pool area was clean, with plenty of attentive staff. The beds made for a wonderful nights sleep. Food was very good, as well! A definite do over!

• Stayed: October 2012

Hi ZipsMysticMom,

Thank you for the positive review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate the great feedback and we're glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was here for just one night and the next day. I arrived at Midnight and was given a very nice room. Everything was very clean and comfortable.

This is a great location if you are going to any of the main attractions and still a wonderful destination if you are just going to hang out at the property. The pools are very nice here.

The spa was small but extremely well maintained. The staff is wonderful and the massage from Valarie was perfect.

The bell staff were friendly and attentive as I arrived and as I departed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Herdlinger

Hello Herdlinger,

Thank you for the great review on your most recent stay with us. Although you had a quick, overnight stay; we're glad to hear that our staff and our location exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate the positive review and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista in October 2012 and while the experience was fine, the hotel itself is not up to par. With the renovations being touted, I was expecting quite a bit more. Here are my take aways:
The Sheraton LBV's staff were great, this was definitely one of their best attributes. The pools were also very nice. The actual hotel buildings and rooms were not great. To get to your room you enter a space the size of a closet and the elevator is immediately inside. The rooms themselves were average, but very clean. Our quality of sleep was very good. I guess my only real quip is that this hotel is rated a 4 star property by Priceline, but it comes nowhere near any of the other hotels that have received this same rating in the Lake Buena Vista area. If you are looking for a hotel with a great staff and location check it out, but do your homework as this is a 3 star property at best.

Room Tip: Building 3 will give you the most quiet rooms as it is on the backside of the property so you will n...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Moondogge,

We appreciate your honest and candid review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. Although it’s great to hear that you felt our staff exceeded your expectations, we're disappointed that you felt the hotel was average. Thank you for your review and we hope to better serve you in the near future!

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I attended a work meeting for 3 nights and I was pleased with the overall experience that we received.

The meeting facilities we adequate and the best part was there weren't too many other groups here so we had the run of the place.

I live in Orlando and I might actually take my wife and two young boys to this hotel due to the pool area alone. There are two nice looking pools along with a waterslide.

The pool deck area was perfect for one of our cocktail receptions and the firepit was a nice touch.

I would recommend this facility to families and business travelers alike.

• Stayed: October 2012

Hello Becox87,

Thank you for the great review on the Sheraton LBVR. It’s great to hear that you love the renovations that we've done at the hotel; and we hope your next stay with us you definitely bring the family. Thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My Mother and I attended a conference at this hotel where she was honored for serving her Country during WWII. Sometime during Saturday's night banquet which lasted from 6:00 to 12:30am the next morning someone when into the room, removed her IPad, phone, medicine, and personal items from suitcase. The IPad was never taken out of the room during her 5 day stay. Hotel policy is, if it's not locked in the room safe, we won't cover it. How do you get the IPad and cover in the tiny room safe? Very creepy experience....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dreamcatcher2011_11

Hello Dreamcatcher2011_11,

I've shared your concerns with our Director of Safety and Security and I can assure you that we will certainly address your feedback with our team. We're sorry that you felt uneasy during your stay with us. Please contact me directly and I will make sure you have an amazing experience with us!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Let me start off by saying that everyone from the receptionists to the bellmen at this hotel were friendly, courteous and welcoming. We stayed at this hotel in September 2012 and were celebrating my daughter's 5th birthday. Infact, we were pleasantly surprised to find 2 bottles of milk, some cookies, a mini cake and a lovely note from the valet (we had spoken to him about the birthday earlier in the day).

Check In was straight forward - we were upgraded one level up is what I was told but it didnt matter much. The hotel itself is a 3 star and offers standard dining and hospitality options. We did not rent a car while we were in Orlando for the simple reason that the hotel is in a very restaurant/grocery friendly location and that it offers service to and back from Disney World resorts. We also avoided a $10 per day "parking" fee as a result.

The room was clean and overlooked the swimming pool area. Make sure you ask for a room that faces the pool and not the main road. I've heard other reviewers talk about it as well and I agree that traffic noise might creep into the room facing the roads (outside). We did not use the pool or gym (although the pool did look inviting) as we spent most of our day at the Disney World parks. Given that we were travelling with young kids, we chose to shop grocery right across the street from a 7-eleven as well as walked down to a local supermarket chain for other items. Olive Garden and some of the other big name restaurants are right across from the hotel - as a result we did not need to dine at the hotel itself.

One thing that I must mention is the misleading "free transportation" to DIsney World parks that hotel provides. Beware that the shuttle only operates at fixed times during the day (there will be a schedule you will need to abide by) and that several hotels have partnered in providing this service. So be prepared to halt at other hotels while guests from those hotels are picked up either while going to or coming back from the resort. While we didnt mind it, I must say that with young kids, we did reach back to the hotel at 1.15 am one night.

Overall, given the price we paid for this hotel (it is relatively inexpensive, cost us ~80 per night), and the cleanliness of the rooms, the service and that special surprise for my daughter - we definitely will return back to this hotel. I strongly recommend for the budget-conscious family as well as young couples.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face the pool area. Apart from offering a nice view, you also are in a quieter si...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Amit S

Hello amitshahcorp,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. It’s great to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations and that you were pleased with your overall stay. I'm glad that you will stay with us in the near future and it was our pleasure to serve you and your family.