“Great place to stay outside WDW” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #190 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Great place to stay outside WDW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family including a seven and five year old boy stayed for about a week at the resort. Fortunately we were here when most of the renovations were complete. The concerns of past reviews with noise and disorder were not an issue during our stay. When arriving, the front desk was pleasant and helpful. Elizabeth was great and even knew my name when I needed a key to the room as I locked myself out. The biggest draw for my family is the pool facility. Having two energized boys the zero entry pool, water spouts, whirlpools, and of course the water slide kept them entertained when we got back from Disney. They also have a LCD projector that they use to show movies in the pool area. We saw the Olympics in prime time on a few nights. They also have a good assortment of food and drinks at the bar at reasonable prices. As for the room we got a standard two queen beds. It was a decent size and was recently renovated. Another bonus is the shuttle to Disney Parks. We used in mainly in afternoon/evening as we wanted to arrive early in the park. Service was good and we were one of the first stops on the way back to the hotels.

Some minor items of concern

1. The hot water for some reason would not come immediately in our room. I felt bad as I would have to run it a few minutes before it would become hot.
2. Internet service was spotty at best. It worked well in the lobby but if the hotel is going to charge 9.95 a night then it should work in all rooms at a decent speed.
Other than that I was very pleased with our stay at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Hello Brien K

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We truly value the great feedback that you have given us and we're glad that you had a wonderful experience at our resort! I will also address your comments on our internet coverage and water pressure with our Director of Engineering so that he can take corrective action.

We appreciate the great review and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Laval ,Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

As we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff at the front desk ,they got me into my room very quickly and they were also very nice .The pool was AMAZING !!! All we were missing was coconuts on the side of the pool and you would think we were in cuba or dominican just amazing.Also there were staff doing activities in the evening with he kids and adults ,and we had a projector projecting ,movies ,he olympics on a huge wall next to the pool at night ,so very entertaining .
The room had two perfect sleeper queens WOW !! Can you get any more comfortable ??? the room was completly renovated from the ceiling to the carpet ,very nice .
For the AC when its 95 deg outside and you manage to get your room down to 72 i would say that's pretty good ,can't complain on that .The restaurant was really good and very well priced ,not anymore expensive than anywhere else ,the waiters and waitresses were on the ball and we didn't wait for anything ,we didn't even have to ask and oud drinks were refilled :):) .
All in all a great place to stay with family or just as a couple .
Would definatly return to this resort loved it .

Room Tip: Try to get a pool side view room ,great view and much nicer than parking lots .
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Bonjour Jonathan P,

Thank you for the amazing feedback on the Sheraton LBVR. We truly appreciate the great comments and we're glad that you had a wonderful time at our resort. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Kristiansand, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Expencive but the rooms were nice. They even had Starbucks coffemakers in the rooms. Decent coffee. I also find the pool area very nice. Family friendly and with entertainment untill 23.00 PM.

Friendly staff and a great location. Several restaurants and fast food places within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Greetings Mahtias85,

Thank you for your recent comments on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We're pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us. Our hotel just finished a multi- million dollar renovation and we're glad that you were able to experience our newly, rejuvenated product. Please keep us in mind when your travels bring you back to the Orlando area again!

Key West, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

They have 2 huge pools. One is a beach pool with volleyball and basketball. My husband 46, my son 13, played basketball with 2 16 yr olds and all had a great time splashing around. We had a family suite which was perfect. The outside elevators were old and dirty, but everything else was great. The room service menu offers food at the same price as the menu at Zest. We went for dinner and all of us enjoyed our food. I had a ceasar salad with an 8oz Salmon filet for $13. The breakfast buffet has a lot to be desired however and the $14 price tag is just outrageous for what you get. They do charge extra for parking. No other hotels in the area including Disney charge for parking, so this money making venture will have to go or they will risk losing customers to the plentiful other resorts in the area. They are not the only hotel in the area.

Room Tip: The pool can be noisy. The second floor does not have balconies.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello SRL4803,

Thanl you for your recent review of the Sheraton LBVR. We truly appreciate the great comments and we're glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your constructive feedback on the elevator cabs with our Director of Engineering and Housekeeping so that we can take corrective action immediately.

We truly appreciate your loyalty and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This resort was formally the Sheraton Safari Hotel. It is located just outside of Downtown Disney down the street from the CrossRaods shopping Center. I stayed here last year in the middle of the remodel and although I was not completely impressed, I did like the location. When I walked intot he hotel last wekk I was amazed, it was like a different hotel all together. When you walk in you get that High End Sheraton feeling. Very upbeat and contemporary. I am a SPG member so I was able to use points and cash which was awesome. The pool are also got a complete remake. There are now 2 pools, 1 of which is a zero depth entry which is awesome if you have non-swimmers or elderly with you. Great little waterslide as well. There was an area at night with a bon fire by the pool where you could roast marshmellows and make smores whihch was lots of fun too. There is recreation staff on hand to entertain the kids during the day in the pool area, I am also a DVC member and while this is not a Disney Resort, it definitly hits the mark. My only negitive points are in the pool area they were very strict about bringing in small coolers with water, sandwiches, etc. I donot like having to go back to the room to prepare lunch and getting eveyone out of the pool area to eat it. The only other negative was the parking. They do charge 10 for self park or 15 for valet. I went with valet because for 5 bucks, if it is saving a lot of steps at the end of a long day then its worth it. I just feel like self park should be free (even Disney does not charge for self park), or at least offer it to your SPG rewards members/AX Card Holders. Otherwise a great choice for a hotel if you want to stay near Disney but not on Disney. Walgreens, grocery store, and pleanty of resturants both sit down and fast food within walking distance. One other great thing, on our last day they allowed us to use the pool all day and even offered to check luggage with the bell hop since our flight did not leave until 9pm. Highly reccommended

Room Tip: If you pay a little extra for the pool view that is exaclty what you get a beautiful view. Standard...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GGk989
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Hello AgentTravel99,

Thank you for your great comments on the Sheraton LBV. We appreciate the positive and constructive feedback on your most recent stay with us. I've shared your review with our entire team and I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations!

Thank you once again and we hope to be your home away from home when you travel to the Orlando area!

Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Spacious, comfortable, and activities abound. Plus its close to Disney and Universal. We stayed at the resort using one of our weeks in RCI. Our 2-bed room unit was excellent! While we spent most of our time at the area amusement parks, the resort itself had plenty of activities in its own right. Shopping close by and a Walmart right down the street made planning meals a plus. Restaurants galore and the pools don't close til late. Staff and personnel are very friendly. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ronniestew

Thank you for your contribution to Tripadvisor! We appreciate the great comments on your most recent stay with us and we're glad that you had a wonderful experience! Our resort just completed a multi-million dollar renovation and we're glad that we exceeeded your expectations!

Orlando, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Traveled August 22nd for 2 nights. Priceline($82) booking united me with this Hotel. I called this Sheraton direct and on the 1800# to request King Bed and mentioned I was a SPG member. This hotel has daily $9.95 resort fee and $10 parking fees. When I checked in I presented my Member card and was booked on the SPG 6th floor level. This is definitely a PERK. Lobby, Pool, SPA and 6th floor I can attest to being brand new and beautiful. Room is spacious, modern furniture, 2 complimentary water bottles daily. Bed is Extremely comfortable. I had room with street view and I never heard noise from the Pool like others commented on. Just once I heard a motor bike and ambulance go by. The POOL area has adequate lounge chairs and umbrellas and towels are provided. We ate a Hamburger with fries from the Grill at pool area and it was made fresh $10. The Lobby is modern and staff helpful and polite. They have a MarketPlace to buy snacks. The Restuarant breakfast buffet at ZEST $14 is not that great because Eggs were cold. I prefered eating breakfast at Downtown Disneys Earl of Sandwich which is just a few minutes by car. My husband and I did not have problems with Parking or Internet Service. Staff was amazingly happy and helpful.
MY TIP - Sign up for SPG membership, mention ur membership, request 6th floor and ENJOY!

Room Tip: SPG members request 6th floor rooms. Newly renovated rooms!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello TravLin93

Thank you for the great review on the Sheraton LBV. I'm glad that our staff made such a great connection with you during your stay. Providing excellent service to our guests is very important to us and we thrive to make every guest experience an enjoyable one! We hope to see you again in the near future.