We stayed from the 28 August to 11 September and have to say were thoroughly impressed with the resort.
I reserved the newly refurbished cascades section located beside the pool via diamond lane check in and on arrival were welcomed by a friendly assitant who gave us all the details we needed for our two week stay.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom apart, though there were 3 of us the sofa bed was very comfortable. The apartment was very clean, kitchenette, dishhwasher, fridge freezer, microwave and also had all the utensils which we proved handy! My mum loved the fact it had a washer tumbledryer...very exciting but the room was immaculate,..showers clean, lovely bathroom and both the lving area and bedroom had a massive flat screen LG tv with Bose cinema surround sound system..awesome!
As for the amenities - the gyms were well equipped with up to date machines, weights and it was relatively good size, the fountains was the best one there was more available but nonetheless, great standadr. The pool were well kept, we preferred the lakes as the cascades was more of a family based pool with lots of activites on for the children! What i loved was the pool bar - especially the one at Zimmie's Restaurant, The staff there were fab..Marina and especially Ralph he was ever so helpful..thank you for making our time at the bar enjoyable! they hav some graet offers on with happy hour, excellent food and there is also an inhouse kfc, a&w and pizza hut at the fountains.
The only thing i would comment on is the housekeeping, im not sure if it was because we were the lst unit to get done but often the housekeeping always came to our aparment at the end of the day which we found pretty frustrating when we were wanting to get changed and head out..morning would be better,. Also the calls from the office to try and entice you into timeshare, most of the time we just ignored the calls.
The resort is smack bang in the centre of LBV with easy access to downtown disney, and the crossroads where they have alot of restaurants including sweet tomatoes and you have the golden corral and bahama breeze. There is a new applebees opening there too which looks great and only 5 minutes in the car to premium outlets.
There is definately enough to do without heading out of the resort, I loved it here and can't wait to go back! Thanks for making our two weeks so enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel featuring one- and two-bedroom villas providing fully equipped kitchens, washer/dryer, separate living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Enjoy resort amenities including 7 pools without the resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Orlando
- Sheraton Vistana Orlando
- Vistana Resort Orlando
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Lake Buena Vista
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Florida
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Orlando Florida
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton Vistana Florida
- Sheratons Vistana Resort