Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista
$225
$202
Hilton.com
$89
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$177
$134
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$309
$247
$267
$239
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Hotwire.com
$615
$458
7,063 results
All reviewscascades sectionfountains pooltime sharediamond lanetacky tikisuper poolfull kitchenbedroom villageneral storethrough rcitennis courtsmini golftimeshare presentationscreened in porchdisney parkssales pitchwasher dryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The website for this resort shows beautiful, updated, interior decorated units.....you have almost a zero chance of getting one that looks like that! I would say that 85% of the units are completely outdated, haven't been redone since the 30 years that have been open.

Upon entering, you can immediately feel the dampness in the air (mold) and 3 out of 7 people in our unit came home with sinus problems! We hung bathing suits and they never got dry! The kitchen has cheap appliances, disgusting 1970s cabinets and drawers, disgusting carpets, the wallpaper was peeling everywhere, even the paint was breaking apart. Wood panel walls, mirrored rooms, really??

On the plus side, the units WERE big, our location was in good proximity of 4 different pools which were all nice (except we could not find a hot tub that actually worked, big disappointment on that!) We were planning to play putt putt golf but it was too expensive and the course was very small. We were directly across from a building being renovated so we had to listen to construction noise the entire visit, even on Sunday.

This is in a good location if you don't mind the traffic, it is close to several outlets and mere miles away from Downtown Disney, and shopping.

I would never let any of my friends/family stay here....these are incredible expensive for a horrible place to stay....PLEASE spend your money elsewhere!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
SVRMgr, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at our resort.

It was unfortunate that we were not able to accommodate you and your family in a renovated villa during your stay. We have a full refurbishment project well under way and 80 % of the 1682 villas at the Sheraton Vistana Resort have been refurbished over the past 2 years. The Palms and Spas section are two of the 3 remaining original parts of the resort and they will be under renovation by end of this year. The type and number of villas in the rental program are determined by which and how many of our time share owners place their unit and week in the rental pool. With the full occupancy during the past months our ability to move reservations between villas was even further limited.

In any event, I appreciate your feed back and please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Sheraton Vistana Resort next January when our renovation project will be 95 % completed.

With best regards

Jorg Heyer - Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed one night in a one bedroom villa the last evening of our Disney trip and were pleasantly surprised! I am a travel agent, so was invited to spend a night at the property to see refurbishments. Our villa was in the Cascades section (9, I believe)...was worried as I'd heard these units were still uncompleted, but was assured at the front desk that only a few buildings were yet to be remodeled. Our villa was spacious, clean, and gorgeous! It reminded us of the one bedroom Bay Lake Tower units (DVC) we had toured earlier in the week--except bigger and better furnished! After staying on Disney property in a deluxe resort for a week, we were still so glad to spread out in this beautiful new villa that we discarded our last-night plans to go back to the parks and stayed in, ordered dinner, and enjoyed the pools. Fabulous!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank susikay
das51, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

Your kind words of encouragment to other travellers is just awesome ! Please know that the Sheraton Management & Staff appreciates your sincere feedback and impressions of the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

We envision the next time you vacation with us, the entire resort will be fully renovated and you can enjoy another fabulous holiday with us. We expect to continue to deliver unparallel service and memories to every guest and owner. We are proud of our product, its uniqueness and the benefits we have to offer. Thanks for sharing your experience with others.

We hope to serve you again.

Best Wishes,

Guest Experience Specialist
SVO Management, Inc.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Just stayed at this resort, which is huge it has about 6-7 "communities". We stayed at a 2bed/2 baths apt. at the Fountains community and it excelled our expectations.
aster room had jacuzzi plus shower. TV in every room. Pool area big, daily activities, staff very professtional and caring. At the center of the park attractions. Highly recommended.

1  Thank 1WorldTravellr
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Being an avid TA Member, prior to my visit, I'd been monitoring the reports on this Hotel. As I've been several times to this and other resorts, I've learnt that each review is obviously a matter of personal opinion, and what one person loathes, the next might like of just find mildly irritating .... feel free to query any comments I make, always happy to help!

We arrived on Sunday 11th July. After a very long flight with 2 x 7 year olds, to a very hot and humid Florida. The last thing I wanted was hassle at the check-in .. and I didn't! Two of of our friends had arrived at the hotel 2 days prior, as we were unable to coincide our flights, and I knew ahead of time that we'd been put in the Fountains. I queried whether the room had been refurbished, and she confirmed it had been. Check-in was swift, paionless, and we were very pleased with the firendly response.

We followed her directions to the room, and after 1 wrong turn found it no problem at all. Admittidly, I was a little disappointed with the initial view of the outside, with the old "window box" effects, and think it would have been better to take these away as part of the refurb, as they do nothing, apart from date the building - but hey! I was VERY pleasantly suprised by the interior. Everything had been renewed, wooden table - no more glass topped table (cringes with 2 kids and glasses) .... spotless kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms (we had a 2 bed/2 bathroom - 1482) There was a huge flat screen TV in the living area, and another one in each of the 2 bedrooms. There was plenty of storage in both the bedrooms, and more in the living room if we needed it.

There were no 'free sundries' on this trip, which was a little disappointing, as on previous trips, there were paper kitchen towel, filter papers, coffee, dishwasher powder and detergents. It seems this is one of the cut backs that have been made .... the maintenance fees are still there though!!

We were literally a 2 minute walk to the Fountains Pool. There were PLENTY of beds, but little shade, apart from about 5 table and chair sets across the whole pool area. With the heat we experienced, shade was desperately needed at peak temperature times. One niggle I had - not with the resport, was that there was a sign clearly showing that beds were not to be reserved. I only saw one "security man" in the whole 2 week visit, and I strongly suspect this was as a result of the 75 year old UNglamorous Granny, who insisted on hogging 4 beds, and TWO sets of table and chairs every day. Admittidly one of them would stay there, to make sure the towels weren't removed, but the remaining party wouldn't appear until well after 11.30 - sometimes not at all. Our last full day my Husband left our own towels on 4 beds, and came back to the room to get the kids and inflatables. By the time we got back, they'd been removed - and her very loud comment "if you snooze, you lose!" ... get a life woman!!! There had to have been literally 6 other beds taken in the whole pool area .... we quite happily put them back again, but this P'd Hubby off slightly, as this was just spiteful!! If they are reviewing the reservation of pool beds, be consistent, with ALL the beds, ALL the time ...... this was my one and only niggle, and not really the Resorts fault ......as such! The lady at the Fountains pool shop was an absolute doll .. so helpful and friendly.

We intended on making more of the resort this trip, as we'd "Parked out" on previous trips. I was slightly disappointed that the Kids Club wasn't operating, due to onsite maintenence, but also a little bit miffed that each of the activities also carried a seperate charge ..... this could have been costly with 2 kids each day. We spent a lot of time at the Fountains pool, and really had fun teaching the boys to swim, people watching and generally chilling out .... we visited Magic Kingdom once to celebrate a Birthday, and IOA/U to see Harry Potter (OMG) they couldn't organise a pi ... well, you get the idea. We arrived before 9am, and there were already people casuing a 90 minute line up !! We were lucky (and cheeky) to get return 'fast passes' just to get into the Village - still another 2 hour queue for each fo the 3 rides. Considering HP is a kids book, film etc, only 1 of the 3 rides was suitable for a 7 year old - and that was a hairy rollercoaster .... I was blown away by the main ride though ... for big kids it's a must - but VERY VERY VERY disappointing for little ones!!!

OK .. back to the resort .... we ate at Zimmies, and found the food good, and service very efficient. Edy's Bar was great too, and never busy. I really would have liked to have had another line of food other than Burgers, KFC or Pizza though .... The steaks in Zimmie's were great, and the wait staff were fantastic with the kids.

All in all, a fantastic 2 week holiday (sorry, vacation). I'm glad they noted my previous suggestion to supply non-glass beakers. Plenty of ducks and squirrels to feed. The squirrels were so cute by the Fountains pool, and took peanuts straight from your hand. The hot tubs were HOT HOT HOT though ..... I don't have my bath that hot .... :o)

I would go back tomorrow if I could .... the grounds are well maintained, the rooms are spotless, the staff are really very friendly and you can just delete the messages that are pre-recorded on your phone to stop the flashing light (no one actually calls you) how hard can that be?

Anyone got room for a little one in their suitcase ????

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Apprehensive after reading TA reviews re some of the older units on site, we had 2bed remodelled unit in Fountains which was great (daily maid service) resort is huge though so just stuck to own area. On site deli very good, had lovely fresh sandwiches made up for our days by the pool, pool area very clean, towels supplied and plenty of loungers, nice atmosphere in resort. Apartment was lovely, and well supplied,master bedoom very spacious, beds very comfortable. Would go back tomorrow!,