We were concerned about the reviews and complaints so we called two months in advance of our trip, and requested a two bedroom villa, in the Cascades section and Diamond Check In. We have were travelling with a 22 month old, so we also asked for a crib and a highchair.
We requested an early check in time. Staff at the front desk were friendly enough, and we were given the keys to our villa arround 1:00p.m.
We walked into a fifth floor cascades villa, with vaulted ceilings, large skylight, beautiful view of the pond from our screened in porch. The layout was great with seperate sinks in the washroom/powder area, so you could get your self prettied up while the hubby is in the shower. All seemed well.
The wallpaper in the kitchen and washroom was not beautiful by no means and the draperies where frightening, but I was not going to be overly particular about the decor, it was overall, pretty and clean.
The beds were terribly uncomfortable, and for 14 nights, it was like sleeping on concrete. And watch out for the toilet!!!
At check-in, we were informed that after the first week, we were being moved to another villa, because the "owner" was coming, blaming the mistake on RCI.
After 20 telephone calls, an entire vacation day ruined, and a lot of "passing the buck", the situation was resolved and we were able to stay in the unit. Apparently the "owner" must have changed his mind.
Housekeeping was disgusting. We were given a few garbage bags, two J-Cloths, and that was it. In the two weeks we where there, houskeeping came three times, and the carpets were vacumed. The linens were not changed, the washrooms weren't touched, and the floors unswept.
We were given one fitted crib sheet, and when it was overlooked during laundry, another 10 phone calls and 5 hours later were were given another.
Cable was out for a day and a half, and the VCR worked, but try to find a VHS movie!
DONT USE THE TELEPHONE. For $6.70 per minute, you really don't need to phone anyone, send a postcard!
Food on the resort was ok, I don't recommend the Flamingo, but the Pizza Hut was great.
This is NOT a Gold Crown worthy resort.
I thought the other poor reviews were a bunch of "whiners", but if the Cascades is the best, then I fear for those who get stuck in the back corner of this place.
Don't shop at the General Store, or Super Market across the street, don't use the so called shuttle service, EVERYTHING on the resort is EXTRA $$$.
We will not return, it was just OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel featuring one- and two-bedroom villas providing fully equipped kitchens, washer/dryer, separate living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Enjoy resort amenities including 7 pools without the resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Orlando
- Sheraton Vistana Orlando
- Vistana Resort Orlando
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Lake Buena Vista
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Florida
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Orlando Florida
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton Vistana Florida
- Sheratons Vistana Resort