“Best Experience!!!”

Ranked #69 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2005

I meet amazing people in the pool area and i learned alot from them. Coming from New Jersey, i would have never known that Chicago was so live. The rooms are bright and you can pick the theme. I stayed in the fountains, so every morning or night i could step onto the balcony and watch a fountain pour. It was truly beautiful. You are close to the outlet mall, all of the amusement parks, and its in a nice area. Its a great place to stay.

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista

Reviewed September 4, 2005

I have visited the Vistana for over sixteen years and wasextremly dissappointed with the cleanliness of the kitchen and the response from hotel management. The contents of the drawers and cabinets, ie. cutlery, glasses, dishes, were filthy! The toaster and the top of the stove were coated with a film of dirt. We had to clean everything before we could use it. I called the front desk and they told be to call in the morning and I would be placed in a more suitable unit. Went Monday morning to the front desk and expressed my concern about the dirt and the unsanitary conditions. I was told by management all the rooms have to be filled, not a good answer. My response, does that include the dirty ones (he was not amused). I then spoke to what I thought was that person's manager who assured me not to unpack that he would get me another unit and he would leave a message on my voicemail. Never heard from him (how unproffesional). I was on vacation and did not have time to voice my complaints further at that time. I assumed that management would follow up on their word of a newer room. The management is highly unproffesional and lacking in courtesy. Before you book a room make sure you ask when the unit was last updated. I thought I would turn on the television and see Dallas and Fantasy Island.

18  Thank NewYorker312
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed September 1, 2005

My husband, myself and our 2 year old daughter just spent a week at this resort as a hurricane getaway from Fort Lauderdale and had the best vacation ever. We stayed in the Fountains section, which is 15 years old but still like new. We rented a 2 bed/2 bath and could not complain. The unit was clean and fully stocked with everything you could want. The pools were amazing, all 7 of them..., and although 2 of them stayed open until 1am, the noise was not a disturbance. My daughter loved the childrens wading pool and also the several playgrounds.
We ate several meals at the Flamingo Cafe and loved each meal. It is reasonably priced and very convenient. There is also entertainment for each and every age group, so you will never be bored! The Pizza Hut is slightly overpriced, but very convenient for a last minute snack.
As a last note, the location of this resort is the best. Close to highways and a couple of the Disney parks, we were never more than 15 mins in the car.
We would definately go back to this resort as I cannot say enough good things about it - staff friendly and always helpful - a real family resort.
Go there - you will not regret it!!!

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2005

My family and I rented two units at this amazing resort in Florida and could not have asked or received better. One Condo slept two families including two kids and we had more than ample room. Everything was clean and the services were uncany. I would suggest this wonderful place to anyone. One suggestion would be to use the online Diamond Lane Check-in. If you go you will not be disappointed.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed August 21, 2005

I too was very concerned after reading some of the negative reviews from other people but I have to say that this was one of the best resorts I have ever stayed in! We stayed in the Cascades portion of the resort which was not only extremely clean, but had everything in it that we could possibly need. (If you call them ahead of time and request the Cascades or Lakes part of the resort you will probably have a better chance of getting them. These are the newest sections of the resort) Everything was relatively new and the beds were very comfortable. The pools were great (some open til 1 am) and yes, some of the resturants on the grounds were a little expensive but I've seen much worse in my travels. Everyone was accomodating and the staff was very friendly. Two things that I do agree with from other peoples postings is definitely do the Diamond Lane Check-In (you're in and out) but you must call them ahead of time and request this type of check in and the Time Share people were VERY persistant. Be very firm with them and tell them you are not interested. Also, a note: You do not need the welcome package. They will just try to sell you more time shares when you pick this up. Overall this was a wonderful resort and I would go back in a heart beat.

18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Beverly, MA
Reviewed August 21, 2005

We stayed in the Falls section which was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. This was an older section of the resort but was very comfortable, spacious and quiet. I would recommend this resort to anyone with children. We enjoyed the surrey bike rentals and the onsite restaurants. Great location to all theme parks. The Diamond lane check in is a must. We skipped the line and were checked in quickly. The resort has very nice ponds with fish and ducks which the kids loved to feed. We really enjoyed our week!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 20, 2005

This is the second time I've been here,and it's a home away from home. First the location,two miles from disney,fifteen mins from universal. Plenty of secured parking,at least seven pools,adventure golf,tennis courts,basket ball,shuffle ball,play areas,fitness gyms etc.
Next the suites. I have had the four and eight person suites,both two bedroom. The normal four person suites are great,nicely laid out,great kitchen,outside space,two TVs,etc. The eight person suite is fantastic,huge main bedroom,with dressing area and whirlpool bath.The kitchen is the typical american affair;huge fridge,and range.
The landscaping is great,with plent of small wildlife to be found,lizards frogs and ducks.
The shop maybe expensive,but the new wallmart is ten minutes down the 535.
I didn't get bothered by time-share salesmen. I did get a few voicemail messages on one of the three phones,offering me some freebies,if I went to the shop or reception.
Over all,I wish my home away from home,was my home,period. It's that good.

20  Thank devmike