We stayed here from Sept 6-13 as guests of a timeshare owner, and we were not dissappointed. I'll break my review into sections.
Front Desk/Check-In & Out
Check-in was quick and easy, and our room was ready an hour before check-in which was nice. There was alot of information to pass on, but it was all available on maps and info sheets which were given to me. After checking in and getting the keys, they sent us to see a rep at the end of the desk for a special offer. Now after reading many reviews and knowing how timeshare sales work, I kinda knew what they were gonna try and offer me next. But when I went to the desk I was welcomed by a nice gentleman who briefly explained the offer (which was to attend a free breakfast and tour then receive some cash credit I could use toward attraction tickets). He was not pushy at all, he just stated the offer and said to go talk to my partner and return only if we were interested. He also gave me some coupons for local restaurants/shops. We did not do the breakfast/tour based on what we knew.
We were given a suite in building 2 of the Lakes section, on the 2nd floor. It was a very nice 2-bedroom suite, with a screened-in balcony where we ate breakfast on most days. The suite is also very spacious, with a living/dining room, kitchen and 2 full baths. We took full advantage of the kitchen to prepare/cook our own meals when we weren't eating out. The room was clean when we arrived, and fully stocked. Large LCD tv with Bose speakers in the living room and smaller ones in each of the bedrooms. A nice feature was that the 2 bedrooms were far apart from each other, for those staying with 2 families. There was also in-suite laundry by the front door.
The resort is massive, probably like some others in the Orlando tourist areas. Each major section has security gates to get in (your room keys will work at each gate, but there are friendly guards at all times). Each building section (Lakes, Fountains, Spa, etc) seemed to have their own pools/play area as well. We were near the Lakes and Fountains pools, both of which were great. We found out they have a shuttle service for the property that will take you around if you needed to get to another section. We used this to visit the other pools on the days we were not out at the attractions or shopping. There was a 24 hour gym in one of the sections which I used a few times.
We received great service here, from guest services to the shuttle drivers. The only bad thing was on a few occasions when we had to contact the guest service desk there was a long wait. But when we did reach them they catered to our needs. They also offer shuttle service to the parks, but at a small fee.
I really liked the location of the resort. Very central, and only a few minutes drive to all the attractions, restaurants, and shopping. The Orlando Premium Vineland outlets are only a few minutes away, as are the Lake Buena Vista outlets and Walmart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel featuring one- and two-bedroom villas providing fully equipped kitchens, washer/dryer, separate living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Enjoy resort amenities including 7 pools without the resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Orlando
- Sheraton Vistana Orlando
- Vistana Resort Orlando
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Lake Buena Vista
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Florida
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Orlando Florida
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton Vistana Florida
- Sheratons Vistana Resort