“Average Property”

Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #69 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton Vistana recently for 3 nights on vacation. Stayed in 2 bedroom villa. Property is OK. Not special but average accomodations. Two bedrooms. Two full bathrooms. Laundry. Lots of space. Close prox. to many restaurants and grocery stores (publix a few miles down road) to stock up on food and such since room had a full working kitchen. Try to avoid the market store on site since the prices are high compared to a local grocery store. Made to order sandwiches there were OK.

Only about a 10 minute drive to all Disney attractions. About 20 minutes from airport. Rented a car so unaware of the cost of a taxi to and from.

Did receive a bit of the "timeshare" talk but politely refused the free breakfast and talk in the morning. Phone in room did ring a few times but didn't answer. Seemed they understood we were not interested and didn't harass us.

If the price is right, this property is OK.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank michekara
SVRGM, General Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Many thanks for taking time out of your busy calendar to complete the Trip Advisor Survey. Reading your comments I can see that you were pleased with the resort however you graded us average. Please feel free to expand your comments with me directly on the following email address: svrgm@starwoodvo.com. this will allow me to make the corrections necessary to ensure better scores in the future. Many thanks in advance. Glen A. Vlasic - General Manager

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family and I are here right now! We checked in yesterday (4/21/13) and are excited to spend another 6 days at the Vistana. So far - here are the pros and cons:

CONS:
- I completed the Diamond Lane pre-check in form a few weeks before our arrival and requested a Cascades top floor room, close to the pool, and off the main road. At check-in I was assured by the girl at the front desk that the room assigned to us fit the bill to our requests. However -- everything about the location of the room was awful. However, it was very late when we checked in, so we decided to wait until this morning to address the issue. With that being said, we spoke to the front desk this morning and they switched us to a much better location, top floor of building 4.

- Housekeeping and the upkeep of the rooms is just ok. In our first room the blinds of the guest bedroom were broken and there was no pepper in the kitchen. In our second room the light in one of the bathrooms is a weird yellow color. The intake air vents in both rooms were/are filled with dust.

- When calling the "guest services" line no one answers. We had to look up the number to the resort to call from our cell phones in order to speak with someone to get a crib and highchairs delivered.

- When we first arrived at the resort it was not clear what we were supposed to do with our luggage. We took everything out of our car only to be told by a bellman that we had to take our bags to our room ourselves. After we checked in at the front desk, the desk attendant told us that the bellman would take our luggage to our room. Needless to say, we were kind of confused! (I have a feeling the first bellman just didn't want to deal with our luggage?)

- When switching rooms today we were told to go to the bell desk and they would switch our luggage for us. I went to the desk and waited for 10 minutes and no one arrived. So, my husband loaded up everything in our car and did a couple trips back and forth to move our stuff. Annoying.

- The bed pillows might be the most uncomfortable pillows on earth. I actually used a blanket as a pillow last night b/c the pillows are so awful! (This is of course a personal preference.)

PROS:
- The rooms are GREAT! We love the set up of the villa. It's absolutely perfect for our family of 4. The decor is modern and nice. The kitchen is well stocked and clean. The bathrooms are great, too.

- FANTASTIC location to the parks! Everything seem to be a short distance away.

- Pools are awesome for adults and kids!

- playground equipment is clean and in great condition

I'll post more info as we continue our trip!

Room Tip: look a the map during check in!! DO NOT take a room on the perimeter off of the main road if road n...
1  Thank rachelmle

Many thanks for your candid comments. Please feel free to contact me directly at either 3444 or my direct extension of 3541. Your feedback regarding day of arrival and villa numbers would assist in improving our services. Sincere thank - Glen A. Vlasic General Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful week at Vistana. We had a 2 bed/2 bath unit in the Lakes section, overlooking the Lakes pool. When we originally arrived, late at night, we were assigned a unit way off at the edge of the grounds right by the I-4 and after one night in that room, we called to say we absolutely HAD to be moved, as the noise from the freeway had us awake all night. The front desk was great at handling the request and by 9 AM we were already in the new unit, just steps away from a pool. So, kudos to the staff for handling that so well.

As all the other reviews say, the units are completely refurbished and are beautiful and relatively well-equipped. They are also laid out really well. You can tell that a lot of thought went into their design. The grounds are also very well maintained, and the staff does a great job of staying in the background. We had no problems with any rudeness from any staff member. We did attend a timeshare presentation, and despite them going over their promised 90 minutes, they were not too pushy or sleazy. We had no problems with them calling us everyday, like other reviewers have mentioned.

The only problem we had the whole week was in the quality of the cleaning. The unit was clean on our arrival, but our housekeeper during the week was not very good. She would dump the dishes into the dishwasher in piles, so none of the dishes got clean. Also, she didn't vacuum the carpets or clean the tile floors.

Overall, I would recommend the Sheraton Vistana to anyone looking for a nice family friendly resort close to all the attractions. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Absolutely stay away from units near the I-4 corridor.
3  Thank Sealie

Many thanks for taking time out of your busy calendar to post your comments on Trip Advisor. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at the following email address: svrgm@starwoodvo.com this will allow me to address the housekeeping challenges in order to prevent a recurrance. My most sincere thanks. Glen A. Vlasic - General Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2013

When arriving at the Sheraton Vistana we had viewed a few pics but the room far exceeded our expectations. We took a few tips from this site and requested a building with an elevator and a room on the top floor so the noise from the upper rooms wouldnt be a concern. They were very accomodating in providing these requests for us. The room was very clean and well decorated and the bed was super comfortable. Our main focus for the trip was to relax and be by the pool which this provided. For people wanting to do the attractions everything was right there one exit down for the Disney Parks. We have travelled a bit with our time share but none of the others included housekeeping for one day, which was tuesday. We were pleased with this because other places you pay extra for this service. The only thing i would suggest is for couples that they have a adult only pool. It wasnt too bad but if you want quiet it was a bit noisy. Also if you not interested in purchasing the time share dont go for the breakfast and 90 min talk about buying a time share. Its not worth the 50 dollars.. Spend your time doing somehting you would like instead. I would defenitly go to this resort again.

Room Tip: Top floor for quietness and a building with an elevator. We also requested a spot where the sun wou...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tosh5502
SVRGM, General Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for writing such a great review on Trip Advisor! I can see from you comments that we exceeded your expectations which makes us very proud. Looking forward to hosting you again in the near future! Warm Regards Glen A. Vlasic - General Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2013

To make a long story short - my daughter needed a hotel - unexpected - late one evening. I called several hotels that could not accomodate having to take my credit card over the phone since she did not have a credit card with her. Eddie Martin-Smith was beyond helpful and gracious and made sure she had a room at a wonderful price. I have now become a Sheraton customer first. I will now always seek out a Sheraton before other properties. I appreciate the wonderful service that was provided.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for your wonderful comments! So glad that we could assist. We are here at your service for any need in the future. Sincerely Glen A. Vlasic - General Manager

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our family of 4 visited during the New England Spring vacation with another family of 4. The other family are timeshare owners and we took advantage of their getting us another villa at a great price. We stayed in the Lakes building. Our first impressions of the room was this was a top notch facility 4th floor.2 bedroom 2 full bath, with balcony overlooking one of the many ponds and pools. Granite countertops, 3 televisions were placed in bedrooms and living room. Figuring out the cable channels wa a challenge but LCD big screens were a nice feature.
Upon our arrival, the room was warm and we ended up calling guest relations for service at 8pm when it didnt cool down. The maintenance tech responded fast, and with a smile looked things over, and told me he would look outside and get back to us. Within 5 minutes he was back, explained what would need to be done and would be back shortly. Within 15 minutes, he had the AC pumping nice cold air into our room. Well done on the service!
As far as the resort as a whole, fantastic place and would go again immediately. We were never pressured by anyone for a timeshare. Pools were all over and we went to a different one each day we werent at a park. We were 1 hour from Busch Gardens Tampa, and 20 minutes from SeaWorld and Aquatica. We ate 3 nights at Downtown Disney which was 10 minutes down the road.
When we arrived we went to Walmart right down the street and got breakfast/snacks and drink items for the week and stocked the fridge. Room had a coffee maker and we had coffee and filters to make each morning. Rooms also have full kitchen (stove, fridge/freezer, and dishwasher). One great feature was the washer dryer setup. Even though noisy older model it makes things easier when you have kids and are spending a week.
Look forward to a return trip someday and would reccomend this resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and try and get a view of a pool from the balcony. It appeared that their are s...
1  Thank Bill H

So great to read your review on Trip Advisor! Rest assured that we will pass along your kudos to your team accordingly. Looking forward to exceeding your expectations again in the near future.

Warm Regards

Glen A. Vlasic - General Manager

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed for a 2 day quick trip to Disney while visiting with family in Palm Beach. As a new timeshare owner in "The Palms" section we decide this was a good time to "get our feet wet" with the resort. When calling to make the reservation I surprise at the cost of a nights stay. The "owner" rate was over $200 WOW, while an "off the street" reservation was $157 for a 1 BR. Really? OK..Took 2 rooms at $157. We were not there long enough to really enjoy all the amenities which is why I say this is a great place if your staying longer than a day or two. The grounds and pools, etc are wonderful but you had better be able to use them at that cost. Otherwise, I don't see it worth the $$ spent. Not to mention our room was a ground floor suite with a view of all the A/C units (about 6-8 of them) out our BR window.

Parking is outrageous, and if your looking for "quiet time" after a day at the parks you won't find it in your room. I suggest you don't bother. Soundproofing is not one of their specialties.

The rooms are beautifully appointed (the newly renovated ones that is) but truthfully they have the worst and most awkwardly placed furniture. It is NOT at all a friendly environment. The bedroom...great, bed comfy, etc but no mirror, not one. huh? really? OK Bathroom, nicely, new everything but... the vanity was so small it barley held our toothbrushes. Really? again the suite sleeps 4 and you can barely put a toothbrush down. It had to be about 24" wide if not smaller! The LR.. while the furnishings were beautiful the placement was the WORST! The couch was not opposite the TV so you had to turn your head/neck to the side just to watch it. And pulling out the bed was even worse. You had to move the coffee table (but there was no place to move it to) and you had to get into the pull out sofa from the end of the bed because it when it was pulled out there was no room in between the TV stand, the chair and the now displaced coffee table. And forget about watching TV from the pull out.. it was just as bad as if you weer siting on the couch. The kitchen was fully functional and well appointed.. no issues there but the dining table was SO BIG and the chairs so BIG that there wasn't any room for actually sitting at it...The whole redesign while beautiful is completely ridiculous!

As a merchandise and planning executive for a major retailer I cringe at the thought that someone got paid to design and decorate these rooms. Whoever designed, chose and space planned for those rooms should have been fired when the design board were presented!

Now lets get back to the "room charges". While I don't mind paying for my room I do mind leaving a credit card for possible future items and amenities I may or may not use. I was quite taken aback when the desk asked for a credit card to put a $50 hold on "just in case" I used or bought something. Really?? again the last time I knew, unless I actually BUY something then you can CHARGE me.. NOT BEFORE. Pretty lame on Sheraton's part if you ask me. Then there was the "extra night's room charge". Just in case. It has now taken me 3 phone calls to the hotel itself along with a call to Sheraton's customer service line to straighten it out. Which by the way is STILL not taken care of.. so a call to AM EX for a dispute is in order.

Somethings like the "shuttle" is more of a bother than it is a convenience. And it is close to stores, and parks and if you like the "homey" type places this is for you. It's large, fairly new and pretty clean.

On an end note... while I think the hotel is ok, the amenities are good and the staff not so bad I wouldn't recommend it if your only staying a day or two. For the same money stay at a Disney hotel and enjoy the perks. The week might be ok (we'll see come November) but other than that...well lets just say I won't be buying another timeshare there anytime soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for taking time out of your busy calendar to complete a review on Trip Advisor. We monitor these closely for feedback. I can see by your comments that we did not meet your expectations. If I can bother you to contact me directly on the following email address, it allow me to better answer your comments. ( svrgm@starwoodvo.com ).

Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future - Sincerely Glen A. Vlasic - General Manager