“Convenient and Clean”

GreenLeadersGold level
Upper Deerfield, New Jersey
“Convenient and Clean”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here last November for a week. This resort is huge with many areas. We were in the fountains area. We only drove in and out of our area because when we tried to enter from another entrance we became very lost. You are able to use other pools in other areas but we stayed in our area and found it had everything we needed. Rented two units both two bedroom. One for my family of 4 (parents, girl 6 and girl 10) and one for my in-laws. The units were spacious, clean and comfortable. Each unit had a master (king) suite and a second bedroom with two doubles and bath as well as a large living ding area and small screened in porch. I used the in unit washer and dryer. We used the kitchen for many meals. Never a problem. Restaurants and every convenience were nearby. Visited a grocery and Wal-Mart more than once. We only visited the Disney Theme parks and found this resort very convenient. Pool area was large with a rock formation/waterfall and hot tub with planty of seating/lounging. It was not crowded. We enjoyed the pool area and the kids also enjoyed the crafts available at the pool. Both tie-dying and the sand casting. While at the pool we enjoyed the convenience of the fast food available there. A short five minute drive to Downtown Disney. You do need a car. We bought the Disney park tickets at Downtown Disney and did not get involved in any of the promotions/sales/solicitations offered through the resort. Once we were registered they did not approach us again. Although this was not the fanciest place we have ever stayed, I have no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
das51, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
It is a delight to read of your encouraging comments and uplifting feedback. Your observations and views are certainly appreciated by our Management Team.

We thank you for choosing the Sheraton to spend your vacation, it was our pleasure to welcome you and deliver our impeccable services to make this impression.

We appreciate your genuine remarks and we look forward to serve you again soon.
Warmest Wishes

Sheraton Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,209)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
St. George, Utah
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Using RCI points my wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort the week of 3/23/2013 through 3/30/2013.

We flew into the Orlando (MCO) airport. We picked up our car, hopped on the 417 (tollway) and were at the resort within 35-40 minutes. Fortunately the traffic was very light at the time we arrived. At the end of the week we returned to the airport via I-4 to the 528 into the airport exit. I felt this route was a bit quicker. (but we did leave at 4 am).

I should start off by pointing out some great positives about this place. They do a great job of offering a ton of activities throughout the week. I would love to post the 4-page flier they had, but didn't feel comfortable doing so. I would be happy to send it to anyone who asks. They have plenty of basketball and tennis courts on property. I have never seen so many people playing basketball. They have sand volleyball. They have plenty of pools. I really enjoyed the fact you had to pass through security each time you came back on property. Once I was even asked for my room key as I walked through the security gate. I was impressed.

They have a good transportation system. You can go anywhere on property by using their shuttle buses. So if you don't feel like walking you simply give them a call and can catch a bus to anywhere on the property. And this property is very, very large. They also offer shuttles to and from the Disney resorts.

If you are hungry/thirsty you have plenty of options on property to quench your thirst or satisfy your hunger. But all these options seemed quite pricey for our tastes. For instance, a bag of chips at the local store here goes for maybe $3. On property it was $5.79. Ouch!

The people at this resort were top notch. Any of the folks we came in contact with were very friendly and courteous. And YES we did go on the timeshare/points sales presentation. Our salesman (Owen) was fantastic. He was NOT pushy in the least. He was very informative and helpful and answered many of the questions we had about the resort. The manager was just as kind. She even showed great interest in the troubles we were having with our room. She said she would call on our behalf.

This resort offers check-in on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Check-in is at 4 pm. We arrived at around noon. We checked in. The process was fairly quick. The young lady was kind, courteous, and helpful. We were told our room was not available. We left our number and were told we would be called. We asked for directions to a specific restaurant and left for lunch. Unfortunately the directions weren't even close to where we needed to go, but no worries. We had plenty of time, and a map, and figured out where to go.

After lunch we hoped for our call but no such luck. We waited until around 3:30 and decided to call the front desk to check. Sure enough our room had been ready for some time. We picked up our keys and off to the room.

With our points we had a two bedroom / two bath unit. It was very good sized. I had asked to be away from the "noise," and they granted that wish. A word to the wise, if you are in the Fountains II, no elevators. Unfortunately, if you see the photo, the room hadn't been cleaned quite up to our expectations. They left the coffee maker in the sink for goodness sake! They left us no dish soap. They left us no soap for the dishwasher. There was no soap for the washing machine. We were also short some bathroom supplies. We weren't too pleased to say the least. A quick call to the front desk and a couple of things were brought, but we were off to a poor start.

My wife then points out how none of the counters (bathroom and kitchen) seemed to have been cleaned. The floors were dirty as well. We weren't happy, but not so that we were going to spend the rest of the day complaining at the front desk.

As nice as the pools are, they seem to be short on pool space. Each day the pool was extremely crowded. We also were disheartened by the number of people who would "claim" their pool spots early in the morning. Not cool.

If you go on the breakfast sales presentation you should definitely ask for OWEN. He is the best. BUT do not expect much for breakfast. The meal itself is rather weak.

The exercise room isn't much to speak of (especially for a resort this size). If you plan on "lifting" there really isn't much to pick from. There is a machine and some dumbbells (up to 50 lbs.).

The internet in our room was AWFUL! Let me rephrase that. It was extremely AWFUL! Actually, I got a great connection the morning we left when I was up at 3 am. I am guessing that was because nobody else was using it.

This resort is in a great location. You are close to many of the area attractions. We went to Downtown Disney a couple of times and were able to get to the parking lot from the resort in under 10 minutes. Unfortunately, the proximity can make it extremely difficult to get places. The resort is right off of route 535 which is a very busy road. You are also close to I-4, but I could never really figure out when it would be bumper-to-bumper or clear. Rarely was it clear. If I wanted to do Disney I definitely would stay on property.

This resort has plenty to offer. We did enjoy our week. BUT there were so many small things that really took away from our enjoyment of this resort. We were not upset we spent the week at this spot, but we will not return.

Room Tip: It all depends upon what you want. Some of the pools stay open until 1 am. So if you don't wan...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Townie33
Many thanks for your informative and thoughtful comments shared with the Portal.
We are aware of the over-zealous guests and the pool chairs during the Spring Break, and it is controllable!

To avoid such challenges, our Management Team are daily monitoring all the pools with great success.

While we appreciate all the great comments about the Resort, staff, activities and location, we are very sorry to disappoint you with the small things. Please let us oversee your next vacation as it will be our pleasure to oversee your villa and your requests.

With Warmest Regards

Wilmington
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our 5th or 6th time visiting this hotel. It's actually a time share that is rented out as a hotel. The suites are very nice. We had a 2 br, 2 bath room with full kitchen and living room. A flat screen tv in each bedroom and one in the living room for a total of three. Also, a screened in porch. The resort is huge and has several restaurants and a small market(Starbucks coffee available). There is a Dunkin Donuts also right across the road from the resort. The main road that the resort is located on has many of the national chain options ie McDonalds, Waffle House, Burger King, TGIF, Chilis, Macaroni Grill, IHOP.

There are several pools on the resort grounds so no matter what building you are in, you'll be in walking distance to a pool. The décor of the rooms has been updated and is tasteful and very nice. you won't be disappointed. The resort is very close to Disney. You take a right out of the resort and at the light take a right and straight down the road about 5 min and you are at the parks. If you are traveling with kids this is a great option and very affordable compared to the other options and for what you get. Of course you would have to factor in the cost of a rental car.

Only negative was we did not take the housekeeping option so you are limited on your towels. Also, they don't give you shampoo and conditioner and only a small bar of soap for your stay. There is also a Walgreens right outside the resort where you can pick up all the essentials that you need

Room Tip: The are called "Spas" building was walking distance to the pool and market
1 Thank alext00923
It is a delight to read of your warm, positive comments and valuable feedback with the Guest Portal.

We are very excited that you chose the Sheraton to spend your vacation and create your lifetime memories.

Thanks for all the energized comments, please let our staff know when you need an item, no request is too small for our team. It will be our pleasure to deliver with a smile!.

Looking forward to serve you again.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Vistana Reaort is the perfect place to stay for your Disney vacation. It is only two miles from Downtown Disney and there are all things that Disney doesn't offer right there (like the best outlet mall in America!).

The resort it self is great for families with one and two bedroom villas. There are multiple pools and playgrounds and a market to get all of your necessities (though Wal-Mart is super close).

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Prerules
Thank you for sharing your views and expressions of the Sheraton Vistana Resort.
We are so glad you had an awesome and memorable vacation with your family.

Our mission is to ensure our guest leave with a seamless experience, we are delighted that you enjoyed the pools, and your accommodation.
It will be our pleasure to serve you again anytime.

We look forward to host you again soon.
Best Wishes
Bay City, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana "RESORT" the 22nd to the 29th. The one bedroom villa with kitchen we stayed in was nice and clean and they refreshed our towels mid week. "NICE" The resort itself was HUGE with several pools. The food and beverage prices at the pool areas were HIGH...the pool area could not accomodate the people staying there. I walked to a THIRD pool to find one chair.....I stayed an hour only to watch families place their towels on the ground surronding the pool area so they could enjoy the pool...over all this just didn't seem like a typical Sheraton stay. We would not go back, even though the staff was helpful and the room was clean and equiped with nice kitchen items...not a do over for us

Room Tip: the complex is so large it is hard to say, where to stay
Leonardtown, Maryland
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Rough start but really enjoyed our stay overall. Spent a week at the resort during our kid's spring break on a timeshare exchange from a friend. Stayed in a very large 2 bedroom 2 bath unit with 8 of us (me, wife, mother in law, 3 kids and nephew. Never felt cramped at all and everyone seemed to enjoy the amount of space in the unit.

Had a great stay overall with the exception of one thing - a major thing for families with kids - complaints about noise. We checked in rather late - Sunday night after midnight. We called the resort ahead of time and told them we'd be arriving late after a long drive from Va Beach. They were more than accommodating on check in, which went rather quickly. However twice during check-in we asked if there would be issues/concerns about noise because of our kids. We asked once initially when we explained we had 8 total in our family with 4 children ages 8 and under, and we asked again when we were assigned a 2nd floor unit. in both cases we were told not to worry, that this was a family resort and noise was never an issue.

Within an hour of getting settled into our unit we were greeted by our downstairs neighbor complaining about noise. I explained to her that we had just arrived after a 12+ hour trip, the kids would be settling down soon, and that these resort type building have fairly thin walls and floors. She, of course, was more concerned about her 7:00 am tee time and not interested in hearing about restless kids or construction quality (They were older ladies - mothers & daughters sharing two units side by side I think). I asked if she had room for a fourth - that did not go over well! Given that by now it was 1:00 am, I opted to be polite, apologized for the disturbance and quickly got the kids in bed. The next day as my wife and I went to get a few groceries for the room (shopping was really close), we left the kids with their grandmother only to return and find out that this time we had been visited by resort security with another complaint about noise. This was shortly after 3pm. At this point, I'm a bit more upset and decided to take the issue to management rather than confront the neighbor. Looked for Caroline (the girl who checked us in - she was very professional by the way) but she was not available. I cannot recall the name of the manager who came out to talk to me. He, too, was professional and seemed to empathize with my frustration. But ultimately couldn't offer any help as I had no interest in packing my family back up to move to another unit (especially after specifically asking if noise would be an issue on check in) and he did not seem to want to ask the couple below us to move. In the end I suggested the next time they complained he remind them that this is a "family resort" and perhaps publish what he stated as their quiet hours of 10pm to 6am because neither the couple below us nor his resort security was aware. Soooo that set the tone for our entire week for which we would have to constantly get onto our kids to stop running, stay off the floor, no loud outbursts, don't drag the chair, no jumping in the room, don't slam the door, and please what ever you do don't play with each other in the room - because you will be too loud. As you can imagine with an 8 yr old, 4 yr old twins and a 2 yr old, they required a lot of reminders. Not exactly what a kid wants on vacation.

With all that, we had a busy schedule that kept us out of the room quite a bit and had the kids tired by the time we returned. There were no complaints about noise after the resort security visit (at least none that we are aware of). We did thoroughly enjoy the room though. My wife didn't take advantage of the jacuzzi bathtub mostly because we were in the one at the pool (fountains pool I believe). The kitchen was more than adequate for our needs. In fact we cooked several meals there rather than dine out. Loved taking advantage of the dishwasher, washer and dryer as well. Can't say how great is was to come home with clean laundry! I was even more impressed with the Bose system in the main room. I've owned several Bose products so the sound itself didn't impress me (I was used to it). I just didn't expect it or realize it was there until we watched a movie with the kids (Wreck It Ralph was a hit). King size bed in the master bedroom was nice for size but not as comfortable as I had hoped. The 2nd bedroom had 2 queens I believe which gave us plenty of room for everyone to sleep.

We were told the resort itself has 7 pools. We managed to find 4 of them. Spent most of our time in the Fountains pool since it was closest to our unit. Kids really enjoyed movie night at the pool and it was a great chance for my wife and I to get a break. Drinks at the pool were good but expensive (typical resort prices though) so best to bring your own. There was never a shortage of towels or chairs any time we went to the pool....and we were there often. I did spend some time in the fitness center by the fountains pool as well. I don't think this was the main fitness center though since it was not open 24 hrs and there was limited equipment. I only used the treadmill....but did enjoy the view over the pool. Overall in walking around the resort, the grounds were very well kept. The ground keepers with leaf blowers would always stop and wave rather than blast us with rocks and dirt and every where we went the staff was professional and friendly.

We did get a call to come get our "welcome package" which is really their attempt to get you to sit through their timeshare pitch. We were not pressured to attend but expected this and thought the gifts and additional cash was worth our time so we opted to sit through it. Their ownership salesman (Don) was professional as well and did quite a good job "selling" the Starwood product to us. My wife actually wanted to buy despite our agreement going in that "no" was the word of the day! In the end, couldn't justify the outrageous price given what they sell for as resales and how easy it is to rent a timeshare week in Orlando. I was really put off buy their so called "corporate quality" rep who was really just a last ditch salesman to try and get you to buy something/anything before you walk out the door. He seemed offended that I did not find his offer irresistible. Again, not worth the cost and I also wanted to keep the conversation short since, from the horrible stench, he had obviously just finished smoking prior to talking with us.

The only other thing I'd comment on is the resort location - perfect. We were 5 minutes from the Disney entrance and 15-20 minutes from Universal and SeaWorld. We did not go to Disney at all, but the easy access to Interstate 4 made getting everywhere else easy (we went to Universal, SeaWorld and Lego Land). Not to mention several medium to high end restaurants all within 5-10 minutes on the main road of the hotel and shopping just an exit or two up the highway.

All in all, if I had written this review after the first day it would have been a stretch to go above 1 star because of a complaining neighbor below us. But because of the resort itself, the professional staff throughout the week, everything we were able to enjoy at the resort and the ease of access to do everything else we did, I would rate if 3 to 4 stars. I would certainly stay here again, most likely on a bottom floor if I can get one!

Room Tip: Bottom floor if you have young children. Walls and floors are thin with little sound proofing. Top f...
3 Thank Moochf14
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for Easter week. The place is beautiful. We were in the fountains building 16. Perfect building right across from the pool. We had a 2 bedrooms with a kitchen. There's a grocery store on site that has all the standard staples including a deli. In fact the prices for the sliced meat was cheaper then publix. 10.79 lb @publix and 9.59 at the resort store. Still expensive. This is the second time we've stayed here. We did the timeshare presentation and they make it sound like a really great deal and has a lot of pressure but as a past timeshare owner I don't recommend buying. Everyone I know that owns one has stopped paying because the maintenance fees continue to go up past $1000 a year. And you can't sell a timeshare as they tell you you can. Now a days with the Internet you can find good deals like this place on Travelocity you can get this 2 bedroom condo for $1000 a week without making the commitment and investment. We will come back without being an owner.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy P
das51, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your personal comments, observations and opinions with the Guest Satisfaction Portal.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations at the Sheraton Vistana Resort, and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Best Wishes