Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #67 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a 2 bedroom villa/ suite. The room was clean and spacious. Having a kitchen with a fridge and microwave was helpful. Wish we had more time to enjoy the pool, playground, and grounds, but we were too tired from Disney. The safe seemed to have roach droppings but it was very out of place because the room was clean. One other annoyance was the daily push to join the vacation club.

1  Thank kittykat8831
Write a ReviewReviews (6,679)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

As a travel agent and a spg member I decided to stay here based on my experience 10 years ago, and reviews I had seen on Trip advisor. I
I arrived at the resort at 3pm apparently the resort was "full" for the night with most of the check in's happening on Saturday. She found a room on the ground floor behind the major highway. I said I'm here with 2 grand kids and myself I'd prefer a higher floor even if I have to wait until "normal" check in time. I could do a walk up, no elevator, No thank you. Finally she found a condo in the Lakes building on the 4th floor with an elevator, perfect. I get to the condo the cleaning lady is still there,perfect I think the condo is cleaned and ready. How wrong I was!!
I start looking at the arrangements, bedrooms, kitchen to figure out whose going to sleep where before I unload and notice all the doors are really dirty. I'm not just talking about worn paint. I'm talking a full hand print of whatever disgusting thing was on the persons hand as they entered and exited the bedroom and bathroom. I whip out my clorex wipes, don't leave home without them and start to clean. I did the showers, toilet seats, doors,door handles, light switches, refrigerator door, kitchen handles. The wipes that wwere once white come up totally dirty and gross. I opened a kitchen cabinet and there is a cabinet full of trash. As I'm cleaning the cleaning lady comes back to give me a kitchen towel and says as she sees me cleaning is anything wrong. I tell her about the garbage, the doors, she smiles and leaves. An hour later I'm done cleaning.
Kitchen- the silverware is old and dirty. It needs a good scrubbing because the dishwasher doesn't do a thing. We used our plastic silverware I brought.
Furniture- Dirty, worn one of the grandkids cut herself on the rough ropng around the chair that was frayed. The 2nd bedroom with two beds has the worse beds you could ever imagine. It felt like a box spring not a mattress. Toilets didn't flush properly, and as stated before were dirty. The showers had good water pressure but were dirty.
At check in they ask you if you want daily maid service or you can have I think 500 points if you opt out of maid service. I opted out because honestly I would only need towels. So I told her I would only need towels and her reply was no problem they'll come by and give you towels daily. Yeah what a pain that was. WHen they did come they gave us dirty towels, I'm not talking stained I'm talking dirty! On one towel was someones huge knot of hair, another was a dirty heel print.
Security- The resort is fully gated which is a great thing however I live in Florida in a gated community and it is very easy to access an area if you want to. The first night after as we were all in bed around midnight someone knocks at the door. I go to the door and see a kid - teenager and ask him what he needs. He looks upset and I'm concened, keeps turning his head in a direction I can't see. I didn't know if he was talking to someone or just trying to figure out where to go. After he doesn't respond to any of my questions I called security. Told them there was someone at my door, not responding to any of my questions, looked upset can you send security, "well the only thing I can do is send security" . Hmm really? The person was clearly confused and maybe didn't understand english and needed help. Security never came, I waited and waited and waited. I heard the teen go into the next room and the parents yelling at him but security never came, at least they did not knock on my door.
The last day we packed and got our things together and went over to Starbucks. It wa s11 check out time when we returned to the room. My daughter in law was feeding the kids and I was packing the truck. Ther eare a total of 20 rooms in this building and from wach floor you can see the parking lot. The clenaing lady saw my packing the car, it took 2 trips up and down to pack the car. When I got back to the condo I did a walk throguh and we literally were walking out the door when security arrived( are you here from 3 night s ago when I called you) They were there to escort us out!! Really 2 little kids and 2 adults because we were late in leaving. Now I am a SPg member, but they don't allow late check outs at this resort for spg members. the clenaing lady called me and asked me what tiem I thoguht I woudl be out of the condo. I told her the latest 11:30, it was 11:40. I am furious that they treat cleints in this manner. It's a real eye opener for me as a travel agent to see how my clients are treated. Needless to say my clients will never stay here. I also don't think they pratice the Sheraton code of conduct either , the employees all, need a little customer serivce smile. I will say the staff at the security gates, Starbucks, pool areas were great and polite.

8  Thank Bridgets40
das51, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Many thanks for taking your time to write and share your comments and observations with the Portal.
We thank you for selecting the Sheraton Vistana Resort - but we are very sorry that our staff and service did not appeal to you.

We appreciate your feedback, as they were immediately shared with our Housekeeping and Security Executives Leaders for coaching.

Thank you for communicating your experience to our Guest Specialist. We are hopeful you have accepted our apologies for not meeting your expectations this year.

Looking forward to welcome you again, please allow us to oversee your next vacation with us. It will be our pleasure to accommodate you again.

Best Wishes,

Dassie
Resort Management Team.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We own a timeshare in the area, Orange Lakes Resort, which we have gone with our family numerous times. While we love the resort, my husband and I decided to exchange our timeshare for the Vistana Resort. The accommodations were wonderful. Our unit had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths. It was immaculate. I will admit, I am a very fussy person and inspect everything. I even bring my own Lysol can to spray around. The bed was one of the most comfortable ones I have slept on. They clean your room on Wednesday, which is a nice touch, because usually mid week it needs it. The staff was very friendly. The pools were heated, which was a nice surprise for a Long Islander who just got out after 3 ft of snow dumped on our town. I did not travel with small children so I cannot say anything about activities for that age group.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank l h
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We only booked on the Thursday and flew out on Sunday. Going to Florida was a last minute decision and we had booked the accommodation fairly hurriedly but it was great.

One bedroom apartment. Whirlpool bath in bedroom (not that we used it but looked great). Very clean. Daily housekeeping. Fresh sheets every day on a very comfortable bed. Everything you need as a base in Florida.

We didn't use any if the amenities on site just because we were out most of time.

Very central.

If you wanted to eat in - all equipment provided (including a cooker top kettle with a whistle which took half an hour to boil but hey ho we were in no hurry.

We would highly recommend it and would return ourselves.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2013

this is an amaing holididay resort to stay while in florida has everything you could possible need excellent accommodation good foodoutlets store for anthing you require for your villa close by to all disney attractions. amazing 2 bed villa w bathrooms with whirlpool bath in main bedroom staed 5 times now would go back tomorrow

Room Tip: I would have ground floor again with enclosed terrace to sit out in the evenings
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my first stay at this particular property, though I had stayed at it's sister resort, the Vistana Villages. Thought that it was wonderful. The staff was so accommodating and went out of their way to make this a wonderful stay for us. The room was recently updated and was certainly big enough for the family. The pools are all nice. Shuttle service is offered to all the parks, which helps. Friends came to visit and it wasn't a hassle to let them in. Most definitely would stay again!!

1  Thank mikandtee
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Overall, we were very happy here. The buildings are older but they did a nice job of renovating the inside. We own Worldmark so it was on the same scale as that, we thought. The kitchen was old and we ran dishes one morning and it was very loud. They do have the washer and dryer but don't have the laundry soap, a step down from Worldmark. The pool was very nice and it was fun that their drink bar was open. My son rented a floaty thing for $5 and it kept him so happy. Our room faced the highway though and you could hear the noise in the room all the time. Overall, I would recommend it and stay again.