“Great Condo!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Fisherville, Kentucky, United States
“Great Condo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just returned from a week long vacation to Orlando and had the pleasure of staying at the Sherton Vistana Resort. The room was spacious and very clean. Although we did not get to enjoy the resorts pools, we did take a peek and they looked wonderful. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant, however you could see the demeanor change when we told them we were not interested in the "free breakfast" time-share pitch. Also, beware, as you will receive daily messages trying to coax you into this time-share pitch. That is my only complaint about my visit, thus the 4 stars and not 5 star review.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dee S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,181)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

First of all be sure you realize this is a resort, not a regular hotel! Very upscale lobby and even though we didn't arrive until after 1AM, they still had a friendly, kind gal working to get us checked in. We had a 1 bedroom rental with full kitchen, jacquzzi tub, walk in shower, spacious eating area and living room. King sized bed with 4 pillows was a great sleeper, a litle firm but very comfortable! 32 inch flatscreen, dresser and full vanity with sink located in bedroom and large closet completed the bedroom area. Living room had a larger TV (42" maybe?) and Bose speaker system and also a DVD player. Free wifi had pretty good signal all over the resort for our stay. Couple restaurants on site were great --we had breakfast and lunch there.....all in all very comfy, VERY clean, never saw one bug or gecko/lizard/chameleon the entire time, which is almost unheard of in the state. Oh and free parking too, very secure/gated entrance! Book this now, it's a great location for doing all in this area!

Room Tip: Worth being up a flight of stairs for us....less insects, squirrels etc. but I think all rooms are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
das51, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
It is a delight to read of your warm and encouraging comments you shared with Trip Advisor.
Thank you for taking the effort to share your vacation at the Sheraton .

Yes, we take pride in delivering impeccable and dedicated service to every guest ensuring they are comfortable and safe throughout their stay with us.

Thank you for recommending the Sheraton to your family and friends.
We look forward to welcome you anytime and we appreciate your loyalty.

Resort Management Team.
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel was recently renovated and while it still looks mildly dated from the exterior, the lobby, interiors and rooms have been upgraded and they've done a good job of it. Got a great deal here on Priceline and would gladly come back.

Room Tip: Ask for one without an adjoining room - our neighbours were a bit noisy and the connecting door didn...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcome you again to the Sheraton!

Your comments are valuable and have shared with our caring staff.
Please let us know when you plan to visit again, it will be our pleasure to oversee your next
accommodation at the Sheraton.
Best Wishes

Dassie

Resort Management Team
Greenville, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

We arrived at Vistana Resort on 11/03. I own in Fountains II and had requested a specific building that we wanted to stay in upon booking in Feburary and also 2 weekes before our arrival date. Needless to say, they gave our room to someone else, and said the building I had requested was for Friday check ins only. I asked why someone didn't tell me that in Feburary when I booked, and received a puzzled look and an "I'm sorry sir" in broken english! We were put on the 3rd floor in building 57 after I refused to take a room the overlooks the "I-4 speedway". Following is a list of items I called about to have fixed (remember I'm an owner at this timeshare and pay a maintence fee and taxes EVERY year to this place)
1. The ceiling fan in the living room rattled and shook sobad I thought it was gonna fall to the floor.
2. No blankets for the pullout couch where my son was to sleep.
3. The non stick frying pan was rusted and the handle was falling off.
4. there was no dish soap in the unit.
I was very disappointed in this resort, the windows in my unit were all filthy, the garbage outside was constantly overflowing, and it just seemed everytime I went to the front desk for something (i.e. ticket purchases) there were lines and not enough employees to handle them! I had met a few other owners in the hot tub one night and there shared in my frustrations, and we concluded that this place must be catering to the non-owners more than to the owners themselves. I think next year i will look into to trading my week with an exchange company and going elsewhere which is too bad because My family and I used to really love this place back when management cared for the owners!

Room Tip: If you get the top floor, beware there are skylights and it gets awefully light in the morning for s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lionsfan1971
SVRGM, General Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Many thanks for taking time out of your busy calendar to voice your dismay over your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly which would allow me to address your concerns.

Email: svrgm@starwoodvo.com

Wishing you and your family all the best during this holiday season.

Glen A. Vlasic - Sheraton Vistana Resort
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Let me begin that I'm a Starwood SPG Platinum member for over 8 years straight. However, I've never had such an amazing two-bedroom suite upgrade from a points and cash program. In a nutshell - it's like bringing your home and having it in a Disney Orlando Resort.

Upon entering I was in awe at how the suite was an upscale two bedroom apartment with all the amenities and details included. I can go on and on expressing my extreme gratitude towards Starwood for treating me with such a wonderful free upgrade - but they continue to do this time after time without ever letting me down.

I highly recommend this Sheraton property over all the other resort hotels. I've stayed at dozens of Orlando resort properties over ther years but this one is hands down #1. The best suite, best value, best everything, etc. etc.

So if you are deciding on where to stay then look no further and book this resort and you will see first hand why I felt compelled to write this excellent review.

I luv SPG and this is another reason why no other hotel groups compare to treat all their members/guests like family. If you have not registered as a member then do so today and gain all the benefits. Have fun in Disney!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Westondrive
frederick, maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband, 21 month old daughter and our nanny just returned after a week stay in a 2 bed/ wrath at the Cascades section... Just fabulous! We loved the cascades pool.. Zero entry with fountains for our daughter... Great location for Disney...easy on and off of I4. The staff was very pleasant....had a weird/awkward moment where we were walking to the pool and a random housekeeper came up to us and asked if we would sign her form and mark excellent for service. The Wifi is SLOW. The unit was very clean and large, great modern updates! The timeshare people never bothered us once we told the, we already had one and were not interested.... We will definitely return next year! They had a great Halloween trick or treat for the kids...what an awesome time!

Room Tip: Cascades section for modern updates...we were in building 15... Great location, directly across from...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mdesquire
We appreciate your genuine feedback shared with Trip Advisor.
Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent experience at the
Sheraton Vistana.

Please know that your comments were already escalated to our Housekeeping Team Leaders for awareness and coaching.

We look forward to host you again soon. Please accept our humble apologies for the over zealous housekeeping team member.

Resort Management Team
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at this resort last year and are going back again this year. It was nice and clean and had laundry facilities, no need to come home and do the washing, do it all there night before you go home. The only drawback is the time share. I would advise you not to good, they are quite nice to begin with, but when you are not taking up the offer they become quite rude. We went as my granddaughter wanted to keep the $50 dollars you get for going and the fact that they offered breakfast. My granddaughter is diabetic and therefore breakfast is an important meal to her. When we got there there was only muffins or pastries on offer, they said that the continental breakfast had stopped the day before. They assured us they would go and get her a banana or something else, we are still waiting. She was getting upset as time was getting on and we kept saying that we would need to go, but they said oh only another few minutes. We should have just left, but we are not as rude as these people. So don't do the timeshare. Other than that you will have a good stay at this resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you again for choosing the Sheraton Vistana Resort to enjoy your vacation !
We are very sorry to learn about the circumstances surrounding your granddaughter during the Sales Presentation.
While this incident is not typical, we are very disappointed to learn about the outcome.

Your comments were immediately escalated to the Sales Director for sharing with the sales associates and also to bring awareness and kind consideration for others.

Our mission is to deliver a memorable experience to every guest, we are very sorry yours was unsatisfactory. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to improve !
We look forward to welcome you home again soon.

Resort Management Team.