“Barely Edible”

The Wave… of American Flavors
Ranked #164 of 3,852 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wave...of American Flavors at Disney's Contemporary Resort is a casual restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here, you can enjoy American-style dishes with international flavors, healthy dining options and trendy cocktails.BreakfastChoose from a la carte breakfast options or a bountiful buffet and enjoy a delicious start to your day at The Wave...of American Flavors. The a la carte menu features traditional American breakfast fare, like egg dishes, Muesli and Omega Berry Smoothies. For a speedier dining experience, the breakfast buffet is sure to satisfy your appetite. Savor all-you-care-to-enjoy servings of breakfast favorites, including eggs Benedict, cheese grits, sweet potato pancakes, Mickey waffles, house-made granola and more.LunchFor lunch, light eaters can choose from chilled Laughing Bird citrus-marinated shrimp, lump crab-Florida rock shrimp cakes with cucumber tomato salsa, crispy salads, or a delicious vegetarian wrap with seasonal vegetables and fajita-seasoned tofu. And for the heartier eater, the menu includes a classic Reuben sandwich, and a bison burger served with salsa verde and a 3-cheese spread.DinnerEvenings bring distinctive dinners that combine American and world flavors, such as a sustainable fish selection paired with corn and edamame (soybean) stew and cilantro chutney, grilled beef tenderloin with shallot butter, potato gateau and summer ratatouille, or naturally raised, oven-roasted chicken with locally sourced seasonal vegetables.Refreshing BeveragesEnjoy the featured trendy cocktails for Guests 21 years of age or older, like the Mudslide Martini (Baileys® Irish Cream, vanilla vodka, Kahlua® liqueur and vanilla ice cream) or the Antioxidant Cocktail (wild berry vodka, black raspberry liqueur, acai and other juices). Delight in sparkling wines from Tasmania, Rieslings from South Australia, floral New Wave whites from Argentina, Pinot Gris from Oregon and Pinot Noirs from New Zealand, along with certified organic beers from Orlando Brewing Company.DessertsTop it all off with The Wave...of American Flavors' signature dessert trios. Choose from New York-style cheesecake with house-made seasonal fruit compote, white chocolate crème brulee with raspberry macaroon, olive oil-infused chocolate truffle mousse with salted caramel sauce and more!Whether you're seeking imaginative desserts, classic breakfast favorites or international fusion cuisine, this restaurant delivers a variety of delectable dining experiences. Walk through the brushed steel arch ""tunnel"" into The Wave...of American Flavors and find out what culinary treats await you!
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Wow- after reading reviews, we were excited about eating here. Honestly, DO NOT take your teens here. The waitress exhuberantly recommended the chicken breast, which was on the bone, covered in disgusting skin and had NO FLAVOR until we covered it in salt and pepper. The brussel sprouts were so charred, I felt the carcinogens attacking my body as I ate them. She also insisted I try the "new wines on tap" - sadly, a pitiful Pinot Gris with NO FLAVOR. We barely choked down some chix/rice soup and some dry, bland sunflower bread that we had to ask for. You amy be better off eating at the burger stand in the Magic Kingdom!

1  Thank Nicole G
There are newer reviews for The Wave… of American Flavors

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

While the good was delicious once we were seated, and the manager was kind (and gave us one free round of drinks) when I shared how disappointed we were with the wait, 45-60 minutes AFTER a reservation time to be seated is totally unacceptable. Add in long lines for food once we had a table.
And while the brunch was good, it did not include a mimosa or characters or anything "special" for $35/person. Definite lowlight of our trip.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I was there just for a drink and a small plate while sitting at the bar, and I must say, it was my favorite stop along my Disney resort hopping experience. I ordered the Heather and Honey Sidecar -- it was DIVINE!!! A smooth, tasty cocktail but not overwhelming in flavor. I don't like sweet drinks, so this one was perfect. Then, for my small plate, I ordered the Fish Tacos -- sustainable fish, with a *to-die-for* jicama slaw, and served with a fabulous little side of a sorbet to cleanse the palate. I am a fish taco lover, and order them anywhere that has them.. but these were EASILY, HANDS DOWN the most delicious I've had anywhere. The jicama slaw really added a nice sweetness to balance out the subtle kick of the grilled fish. Without a doubt, I will be back before the end of my vacation. Oh, and the bartender Chris, was phenomenal. Friendly, made an amazing drink (I ordered it elsewhere later in the day and it wasn't nearly as good as Chris had made).. and you could tell he genuinely wanted to be there, as your bartender. Sad to say, I've experienced other bars among other Disney resorts, and the bartenders lacked any passion!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had dinner and it was very good. There is no view but the room is very comfy with warm tones. Service was good. The flat iron steak was not the best so I would avoid that entree. The salmon was very good and we split some appetizers. Desserts were excellent.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

After a day at Epcot, we ventured over to meet friends at The Wave and it was worth it! We had made a reservation but did have to wait about 15minutes as a large last minute seating had come in but they were quick to seat and serve us.

The food, especially the desserts, were flawless. Worth the wait for sure.

The only let down was not being able to alter one dish due to allergies.

Worth checking out even if you aren't staying nearby.