“Amazing dessert!”

The Wave… of American Flavors
Ranked #164 of 3,852 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Wave...of American Flavors at Disney's Contemporary Resort is a casual restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here, you can enjoy American-style dishes with international flavors, healthy dining options and trendy cocktails.BreakfastChoose from a la carte breakfast options or a bountiful buffet and enjoy a delicious start to your day at The Wave...of American Flavors. The a la carte menu features traditional American breakfast fare, like egg dishes, Muesli and Omega Berry Smoothies. For a speedier dining experience, the breakfast buffet is sure to satisfy your appetite. Savor all-you-care-to-enjoy servings of breakfast favorites, including eggs Benedict, cheese grits, sweet potato pancakes, Mickey waffles, house-made granola and more.LunchFor lunch, light eaters can choose from chilled Laughing Bird citrus-marinated shrimp, lump crab-Florida rock shrimp cakes with cucumber tomato salsa, crispy salads, or a delicious vegetarian wrap with seasonal vegetables and fajita-seasoned tofu. And for the heartier eater, the menu includes a classic Reuben sandwich, and a bison burger served with salsa verde and a 3-cheese spread.DinnerEvenings bring distinctive dinners that combine American and world flavors, such as a sustainable fish selection paired with corn and edamame (soybean) stew and cilantro chutney, grilled beef tenderloin with shallot butter, potato gateau and summer ratatouille, or naturally raised, oven-roasted chicken with locally sourced seasonal vegetables.Refreshing BeveragesEnjoy the featured trendy cocktails for Guests 21 years of age or older, like the Mudslide Martini (Baileys® Irish Cream, vanilla vodka, Kahlua® liqueur and vanilla ice cream) or the Antioxidant Cocktail (wild berry vodka, black raspberry liqueur, acai and other juices). Delight in sparkling wines from Tasmania, Rieslings from South Australia, floral New Wave whites from Argentina, Pinot Gris from Oregon and Pinot Noirs from New Zealand, along with certified organic beers from Orlando Brewing Company.DessertsTop it all off with The Wave...of American Flavors' signature dessert trios. Choose from New York-style cheesecake with house-made seasonal fruit compote, white chocolate crème brulee with raspberry macaroon, olive oil-infused chocolate truffle mousse with salted caramel sauce and more!Whether you're seeking imaginative desserts, classic breakfast favorites or international fusion cuisine, this restaurant delivers a variety of delectable dining experiences. Walk through the brushed steel arch ""tunnel"" into The Wave...of American Flavors and find out what culinary treats await you!
Reviewed April 9, 2014

After a day at Epcot, we ventured over to meet friends at The Wave and it was worth it! We had made a reservation but did have to wait about 15minutes as a large last minute seating had come in but they were quick to seat and serve us.

The food, especially the desserts, were flawless. Worth the wait for sure.

The only let down was not being able to alter one dish due to allergies.

Worth checking out even if you aren't staying nearby.

There are newer reviews for The Wave… of American Flavors

Reviewed April 8, 2014

First of all, this is a beautiful restaurant. The look is contemporary
yet warm and inviting. It's also very romantic

My husband had the lamb chops that were cooked perfectly and were very flavorful.
I wanted to try something a little different. I had the lobster ravioli with clams and shrimp. It was amazing! The ravioli was full of lobster and there were 4 clams and 6 shrimp on top. It wasn't too rich but a perfect balance of flavors.

The desserts are a choice of dessert flights. Both were delicious, my husband and I each had a different one so we could share. However, even though each of the desserts in the flights were minis, it still was a lot of food after a big dinner.

I love The Wave and will be back the next time we're in Orlando!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

What a wonderful experience. We made reservations by default, as it was one of the only places left around the Magic Kingdom and had a great meal. The food was excellent and the service was very good. A great place to have a nice meal and it is more relaxing than some of the other restaurants in the park. I would highly recommend it and will make reservations on our next trip.

1  Thank HavingfunLuanda
Reviewed April 2, 2014

During our business program this week, my colleagues and I enjoyed a surprisingly great meal at The Wave inside Disney's Contemporary Hotel. The hostess was prompt, even though the hotel was at full capacity and we did not have a reservation. We were seated in the main dining hall and were surrounded by mostly families. I expected the usual type of meal one could expect in a family setting. I was pleasantly surprised to see a diverse menu with plenty of "adult" options and well as organic and healthier meal choices. I opted for the lamp chops with brussel sprouts and a kale salad and WOW! - it did not disappoint! I hope to have another meal at the Wave before departing this week!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

OK! This was a spur of the moment dinner plan. We made reservations at Magic Kingdom and took what was available. When we arrived about an hour early they took us right in! There was only the 2 of us, my granddaughter and myself. The atmosphere of the entry is very sooting. But entering the main restaurant area its busy and loud. As far as the décor goes the tables, chairs, banquettes etc. could be anywhere USA...no longer relative to a WAVE! No view either! Would have expected more wavy ocean color instead of browns. But from here my review skyrockets! This was THE best meal of our trip! My granddaughter had lamb chops while I had the flat iron steak preceded by pan seared scallops! It was scrumptious!!! It's pricey but for once I have to say worth every cent!! I would highly recommend it and look foreword to eating here again!!