“Great food, great atmosphere”

The Wave… of American Flavors
Ranked #146 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Wave...of American Flavors at Disney's Contemporary Resort is a casual restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here, you can enjoy American-style dishes with international flavors, healthy dining options and trendy cocktails.BreakfastChoose from a la carte breakfast options or a bountiful buffet and enjoy a delicious start to your day at The Wave...of American Flavors. The a la carte menu features traditional American breakfast fare, like egg dishes, Muesli and Omega Berry Smoothies. For a speedier dining experience, the breakfast buffet is sure to satisfy your appetite. Savor all-you-care-to-enjoy servings of breakfast favorites, including eggs Benedict, cheese grits, sweet potato pancakes, Mickey waffles, house-made granola and more.LunchFor lunch, light eaters can choose from chilled Laughing Bird citrus-marinated shrimp, lump crab-Florida rock shrimp cakes with cucumber tomato salsa, crispy salads, or a delicious vegetarian wrap with seasonal vegetables and fajita-seasoned tofu. And for the heartier eater, the menu includes a classic Reuben sandwich, and a bison burger served with salsa verde and a 3-cheese spread.DinnerEvenings bring distinctive dinners that combine American and world flavors, such as a sustainable fish selection paired with corn and edamame (soybean) stew and cilantro chutney, grilled beef tenderloin with shallot butter, potato gateau and summer ratatouille, or naturally raised, oven-roasted chicken with locally sourced seasonal vegetables.Refreshing BeveragesEnjoy the featured trendy cocktails for Guests 21 years of age or older, like the Mudslide Martini (Baileys® Irish Cream, vanilla vodka, Kahlua® liqueur and vanilla ice cream) or the Antioxidant Cocktail (wild berry vodka, black raspberry liqueur, acai and other juices). Delight in sparkling wines from Tasmania, Rieslings from South Australia, floral New Wave whites from Argentina, Pinot Gris from Oregon and Pinot Noirs from New Zealand, along with certified organic beers from Orlando Brewing Company.DessertsTop it all off with The Wave...of American Flavors' signature dessert trios. Choose from New York-style cheesecake with house-made seasonal fruit compote, white chocolate crème brulee with raspberry macaroon, olive oil-infused chocolate truffle mousse with salted caramel sauce and more!Whether you're seeking imaginative desserts, classic breakfast favorites or international fusion cuisine, this restaurant delivers a variety of delectable dining experiences. Walk through the brushed steel arch ""tunnel"" into The Wave...of American Flavors and find out what culinary treats await you!
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Wave is one of the best restaurants I've ever dined at in Disney World. The menu is much more directed towards adults or children with broader tastes. Since the hotel is home to a convention center, it seems like many of the diners are older, so it is not the place to be bringing children if they have a problem sitting still or misbehaving. Our waiter was fantastic and kept making sure we had everything we needed. I highly recommend the cauliflower mash as a side; it is one of the most delicious things I have ever had before! My daughter did not like that her meal was loaded with cilantro, and the waiter immediately asked if he could get her something else; the wait staff definitely has the customers as top priority. The desserts were one of the coolest part, as you were given three little tastes of different items. I would recommend this restaurant for couples, or families with older children, as it does not have the typical childish theme common in Disney. My family would dine here again!

2  Thank knm824
Write a ReviewReviews (1,237)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Made Disney dining reservations for family of 4, two orders of beef tenderloins, vegetables, potatoes. Beef was undercooked and cold to touch, vegetables were also cold to touch, potatoes were raw. Manager came over and comp-ed meal 20%. When second order came out, it looked like they re-cooked the first meal, now tenderloins were over-cooked no longer medium, vegetables were warmer and potato was half its size. My oldest son's tenderloin came back with so much pepper on it, he almost threw up and choked. My oldest son only ate the bread and drink refills, he could not eat. Manager came back and comp-ed the table, no bill. My younger son meal was the only dish, that was edible the first time. Dishes were taken back two times, my meal once.
My dining reservations were for 7:45pm, we did not finish until 10:30pm. Manager gave us dessert menu on the house. The waitress was most understandable and courteous.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

After a fun but long day at the parks, we had a lovely, relaxing meal. Great wine selection. The Chef came out to talk with me about my dietary request and helped me select the perfect meal. I would heartily recommend this place for a pleasant vacation treat.

1  Thank Roberta5261
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We had to wait for a table longer than any other restaurant in Disney - we had reservations. Hip menu with few options for kids. Our kids didn't find anything except pasta that they wanted to try. My husband was really days appointed in his filet - and this was his birthday dinner. The waiters switched off in mid- meal and we later realized we were charged incorrectly for our meal plan and had to take time to rectify it with our consigner. Only good part was dessert.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Breakfast buffet was excellent. Dinner was terrible - every time. Limited menu - tasteless food. Not sure what they're trying to achieve with this dinner menu but we ate here 3 nights, with a large group and nobody liked their dishes, ever. Just ate it because there was nothing else.