“Good but not great.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sea Thai Restaurant
Ranked #942 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Enterprise, FL
“Good but not great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had dined at a place called Sea Thai in Petaluma, CA, last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know if there is a connection or if this is a popular name for Thai cuisine. I wouldn't rate this experience as highly but we were on vacation then and one's mood can certainly affect your taste. My salmon dish was well prepared though in hindsight I would have requested less spicy to allow for the delicate salmon flavor. I paired it with a glass of Gewurztraminer which seemed too sweet to me. It was a generous pour and I didn't leave any. My wife had a vegetable and noodle dish with a peanut sauce that she liked a lot. The atmosphere is rather austere but clean. The service was friendly and not overbearing.

• Visited April 2013

Mount Dora, Florida
“Really, We Drove 50 Minutes for This - Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Three of us visited SEA yesterday, we were excited to try the place on the advise of a friend. Unfortunately, we were not impressed and will now have to beat our friend with a rubber hose.

The simplest way to rate the food is by using the Trip Advisor scale of Terrible, Poor, Average, Very Good and Excellent.

Summer Rolls - Terrible, Flavorless loose mess of weeds, the peanut dipping sauce was excellent
Spring Rolls - Poor, Uneventful, Lacking any flavor
Tiger Tears Steak - Average, Good Flavor, A Poor Cut of Very Tough Stringy Meat, Ordered it Rare and it was Well Done when served
Grouper Special - Average, Over Cooked Fish is Never Good
Garlic Duck - Terrible, Super Fatty, Soggy Skin that we were told would be Crispy, Dish Was Seriously Over Powered By Ginger Slices

So, would we drive the 50 minutes to try SEA again, ABSOLUTELY NOT. It was not even worth the fuel or tolls to get there. There was nothing authentic about this food other than the names on the menu.

I would love to know how a Thai restaurant can make BAD sticky rice, I will gladly teach them.

When Peanut Sauce is the Best Thing You Serve.......it's time to close your restaurant and market your peanut sauce.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Awesome authentic Thai food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Lunch specials are such a great value! We love their dinner entrees too. Their seafood is always fresh and we love their jasmine rice. For dessert their mango sticky rice or homemade coconut ice creams are to die for!!!

Orlando
“Wow things have changed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

In a previous review I said this was my favorite Thai in town. 2 recent visits have prompted this review. The food was not up to par. If we had dined in I would have returned all my dishes but it was take out. As examples, my papaya salad was dry and did not seem to have its normal flavor. The Pad Thai I ordered was so strange. The noodles seemed gummy and overcooked, the peanut sauce was absent, and the eggs in it were runny and unappetizing. I have never had a pad thai I found inedible but this was. My husband's beef was chewy and soup was bland and watery. The portions have gotten smaller and not worth the price (in comparison to other local Thai places). Are they just deliberately not focusing on take out orders now? Did ownership or the chef change? Whatever it is I will stick with other places until I hear they have fixed the problems.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
“That's some great Thai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

As always had a remarkable Pratam dish with extra peanut sauce ( they make it fresh and spiced to order - mild to madness) . I also LOVE the crab cheese ( also known as crab Rangoon) appetizers. These are made fresh (not frozen hard crusted wonton ribbons ) and delicate with creamy middle. Pad Thai is fresh and sweet with fresh cilantro/basil. Overall great value for the money. Clean, quick and efficient service.
Tom Kha Gai soup is delicious and warming!
I have enjoyed this restaurant for years and it helped me become a huge fan of Thai food. I have even taken friends who are not fans of Thai good and converted them with the delicious fare! Lately though the portions seem to be dwindling a bit as I rarely have any left to take home.. Or maybe they are too good to save.. You be the judge! i highly recommend thos place andI believe SeaThai to be the best Thai in Orlando!