“Gorgeous Room, A++ Amenities!”

Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #18 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We stayed 5 nights in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with fully equipped kitchen and it was perfect, very comfortable beds, high quality linens, and toiletries. Comfortable furniture in the living room area. The breakfast & happy hour were much better than we ever expected, fresh fruit & full hot breakfast with MANY choices, attentive staff. Happy hour had beer on tap & red and white wine - dinner items on Tues,Wed,Thurs. Awesome business center. Beautiful courtyard and common areas, large pool and hot tub, great location, about a 10-15 min drive to my conference at Disney. Walgreens right accross the street. The only drawback to this hotel - no elevators, staff very helpful with carrying luggage though! Be sure to request ground floor room in advance if you are unable to do stairs. All of this, for about the same price per night as one small room with limited amenities at Disney. We had a wonderful stay & would return & highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed here once before and we enjoyed it. This time around even through it was not terrible it was not as pleasant as before. The wireless internet was broke in our room {it was only our room it seemed so just bad luck I guess} they were unable to move us so we had a very unhappy teenager without his computer and I also wanted to use it to check out restaurants and activities, there is one in the lobby but it was in always in use and not as private. Also I decided to sleep in one day being exhausted and I hung the "do not disturb sign" on the door, a workman knocked then before I had a chance to say anything he walked in, I was in bed and very startled he apparently had the wrong room to fix something, he was very apolegetic and nice, he felt badly about disturbing me and left right away but still with the sign on the door they should of called first.

Other than that the hotel is pretty nice, a little dated and the bathrooms are cramped and small but still decent and the pool was nice, I did not get the rate I was promised but it was just a little more and being on vacation I did not want to worry about money or extra charges, through I do think in spite of no internet they should of discounted the room, they did not offer, but I did not ask, I thought it would of been a classy thing to do since my kids were really unhappy without it. Not terrible but could of been better, next time thinking of trying something newer, more updated and closer to parks.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank RavenUnitedStates
Reviewed March 5, 2010

After much research and remembering that all reviews are subject to opinions, we chose the Staybridge Suites for our 1-night stay in the area. There were 4 adults, 1 3-year old child. We had a 2-bedroom suite with separate baths, a fully equipped kitchen and living area. We really didn't need that much space for 1 night but wanted to all stay together. Room was clean and spacious. Front desk service was very friendly and attentive. We arrived from the airport earlier than check-in and although our room wasn't ready, they took our cellphone and called us as soon as we could occupy it. The evening "Sundowner" reception was very surprising. Free wine, beer, hamburgs, hots,salad. Breakfast was very good for a hotel buffet. Had hot scrambled eggs, waffles, several juices, sausages, fruits and pastries. Great pool for the 3 year old, nice pool and hot tub.
We did have an issue with an odor in our room which was swiftly attended to after we brought it to the front desk staff. We were not inconvenienced as we went to the reception while they took care of the problem.
We requested a 3rd floor room. There are no elevators so anyone staying there should be aware of the 3 flights of stairs to climb with luggage or stay on the 1st floor.
it is an older hotel and as other reviews have said, the carpets could be either replaced or cleaned. Beds were very comfortable. We all felt it was a great deal for the price and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We chose Staybridge Suites after having a positive experience with this chain on our trip to San Diego several years ago. Our family of 4 booked a 6 night stay at the Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista. We booked a 2 bedroom suite, and it provides ample room. The kids (ages 10 and 13) had their own bedroom with TV, and we had a master bedroom with TV. Kitchen/family room is also nice and well equipped. I'll admit that I am a clean freak, and I prefer a very clean hotel. While this hotel is not dirty, it is not new and wear is evident on the carpet, walls, and furnishings. I was OK with it, but it could use an upgrade. I would recommend asking for a 3rd floor room. We were on the 2nd floor. A couple nights we had "noisy" neighbors above us. Sounded like a herd of elephants going in and out the door for a couple hours.

Breakfast was also OK. After 5 mornings, I was a bit bored with the offerings. Always plenty to eat though. Go early if you want a table. If you arrive after 8:00 a.m, you are likely to encounter a crowd.

Hotel is within 5 minutes of the main entance to Disney. SO CONVENIENT! Lots of restaurants just blocks/minutes from the hotel. Olive Garden, Chili's, Carrabbas, Steak-n-Shake, TGI Fridays, etc. We also used the Winn Dixie grocery store right next to the hotel to stock up on drinks, snacks for evening time. If you are not staying on Disney property, this is a great value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank utting
Reviewed February 12, 2010

We stayed for 8 days at this hotel and had to extend our stay due to flight cancellations elsewhere. The staff is happy to help, very delicate and understanding, as well as truly friendly. This was not a "professional smile" - but rather a true attitude towards guests - what exactly was needed in this situation. They promised to call in the afternoon to confim the extension, and it was properly done. Overall, the hotel is nice, well-located, and ultimately a best choice for a family of four (two kids 8 and 12). Breakfast facilities could be less crowded if either breakfast hours were extended or another room was added.Other than that, I would certainly return to this place in the future.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Reading every review possible and ignoring those I describe as people you can never please, I booked an 8 night stay at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista. Let me preface my review by simply stating it was AWESOME! I traveled w/ my wife and family, 2 boys ages 10 & 12 and we stayed in "tri-suite" on the third floor overlooking the pool.

Having stayed at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter 2 years prior in basically a motel room, the entire family marveled at the size of our room. We had 2 bedrooms, 1 w/ 2 queens for the boys w/ their own bathroom and television, our room w/ a king, bathroom and television and a large living room(also a television) and kitchenette. The room was spotless and updated. In fact, we had to wait a few hours to check in so the rugs that we cleaned that day could dry properly. Our room was made up daily with fresh towels and I believe on our 4th day it was thoroughly cleaned and linens changed.

The whole property is beautiful and the perfect size. Its a three story building that surrounds the pool and courtyard. The grounds are impeccable and the staff could not be more friendly or more helpful. I did my homework and spoke with the manager, Melissa, prior to booking. She was upfront and honest stating that the property was not brand new nor was it a five star hotel. I still booked for a variety of reasons; price, location, ammenities , free breakfast and managers happy hours, and the ability to get a suite. The suite was really great. Having the room to get away from the kids and give them their own space made for great relaxation. We had a perfect view of the pool and the courtyard and pretty much let our kids go. There is a small gameroom w/ 2 kid friendly computers w/ internet access. They also supply some pool toys and plenty of lounge chairs and tables. The whole place had a really "safe" feel to it.

As far as location, you could not get a more convenient spot. You are literally 5 min. from Downtown Disney and no more than 15 min to any attraction. There are lots of restaurants, many within walking distance as well as a grocery store across the parking lot. I would recommend the Orlando Ale House for food. Big place with lots of T.V.'s , good food, big portions and very reasonable. The hotel has a shuttle but we had a rental car so I can not comment on it. The property is on a service road off a main drag so the road noise was non-existent.

The free breakfast was great. I know a lot of reviews say it was repetetive but we found it more than ample. The managers receptions on Tues, Wed and Thurs had beer, wine, hots & burgers and a whole variety of snacks, again all free. We ate outside everyday at an umbrella table and the inside had plenty of seating. The kids could even make their own Belgian waffles. We saved a lot of time and money starting our day with a good meal and in beautiful surroundings.

In conclusion, I wish everything I researched so hard came out so good. I would go back in a second and would highly recommend the place to anyone, especially families. Do yourself a favor and go online and get an Orlando Magicard. I think I saved about $60.00 a night and all you have to do is mention it. We traveled 3 nights in the prime season and 5 nights after prime and my total bill was $1340.00 If I had one criticism it would be that the pool was too warm. Thanks to all who wrote honest reviews and to Melissa and all the staff for a memorable vacation.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
9  Thank Grizzlykid
Reviewed January 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with another couple in a two bedroom, two bath suite with full kitchen (including dishwasher) and large living room. Price was great at only $110 per night. The full breakfast buffet was excellent, the laundry room was spotless, the staff was friendly and efficient.
The hotel is just a couple of minutes' walk from a large Winn Dixie grocery store, and you don't have to cross any busy streets. This proved to be very convenient for buying groceries.
The hotel service was outstanding!
When we checked in, the room was quite warm. We realized the A/C was not working, so called down to the front desk. Within minutes, a maintenance man came by and told us he was going to check the overall A/C system out. In the meantime, the front desk called to see if he had made it up to us yet!
The fellow was gone for about 10 minutes, then came back up and told us the system was out of refrigerant and that he had replaced it. He stayed in our room another few minutes until cold air started coming out of the vents, then checked them all to make sure they were okay.
During our stay, we needed to receive a hard-copy fax. The front desk was very accommodating and the manager personally handled the receipt of the fax, then sent a return fax when we needed.
If we ever return to this area, we will stay here again, no question!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple