“Perfect family accommodation”

Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #16 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Perfect family accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying (room 20) in a 1 bedroom apartment at this fantastic hotel which is in touching distance of all the great theme parks in Florida.

As a platinum member of this hotel groups loyalty scheme I have stayed at many of their hotels around the world, and this is undoubtedly the best I have been at. The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to ensure your every need is met.

Our room is immaculate and has everything we need, including a large tv in both the bedroom and living room. DVD player in the living room is very usefull too. The fold down sofa bed is adequate for our 5 year old, and we are able to put him to bed in our room so we can use the full facilities of the rest of the apartment including the large fridge, great oven and microwave.

There are loads of places to eat out within 2 mins walk of the hotel, and a great outlet mall 5 mins drive away.

The pool is also immaculate and a good size so is never crowded. The loungers around the pool are very comfy and do a great job.

We have decided to take a 3 say mini break in the middle of our holiday to visit Sarasota, but will be returning to this hotel for the remainder of our time in Orlando, and my worry had been that if we were not happy with the staybridge suites then it would have been on our minds that we were coming back to somewhere we would not have been happy at. . . I should not have worried, this place is awesome.

If you are coming to Orlando to do the theme parks, this is an excellent choice of hotel, I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Geej A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is the third year we have stayed at this property on our annual grandkids week vacation. With a 11 yr old girl & 5 yr old boy it is great having the 2 bedrooms (second having 2 queen beds. .they call it a trio) & 3 TV's. THe full kitchen & living room gives us so much more space than a hotel room & we can actually get some space from each other after a long day of amusement park. There is also a dining table for 4 which allows us to takeout & eat in each night. The breakfast is okay with eggs, pancakes, bacon & assorted pastries. The pool area is nice with some pool toys for everyones use. I like having the laundry facility so we don't have to pack as much. NO RESORT FEE and the cost is not much more than a single hotel room with one bed!!

Room Tip: This is a 3 story building with no elevator so if you don't want to climb stairs request a first...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mcriss50
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was so sad when I had to check out. My stay was wonderful! The room was perfect. The staff was friendly and Bob at the front desk went above and beyond making sure I had a great stay. I was so happy with everything! I wish I was still there!

2 Thank MsNicole1979
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We stayed for 6 nights while visiting Disney World. This is a much better price than what you can get on the resort. Location is very convenient to Disney or I-4 so you can easily get to other parks. They offer a free breakfast, which saves money.

Pros
Cleanliness, location, price, modern, pool, friendly staff.
Cons
No elevators for upper floors, shuttles to parks are limited.

I would stay here again. Great value

Room Tip: I would try to stay away from the pool since it can get crowded and loud at times. Luckily we were n...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

5 of us 3 adults 2 children stayed in a 2 bedroomed suite. There was plenty of room, nicely decorated couldn't fault the room or room service. We were on the second floor, only problem we had was with the family above us thought it was great to run, jump and bang about every night at 1.15 am for an hour. The breakfast was excellent, best scrambled eggs I have tasted. There is variety, some people have moaned on here, but seriously there is something for everyone. We made use of the transfer bus which was excellent it takes the stress out of driving. The location is fabulous with Downtown Disneybeing close by. Winn Dixie and ABC is behind along with Papa Johns. A favourite of ours is the Olive Garden which is a 10 min walk, if you go further down there is an area with lots of restaurants with a TGI Fridays which was excellent so much better than the ones we have in England.
We will be back, everything about The Staybridge is fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Joanne L
Goodyear, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The check in staff was very helpful. The room was clean. The poolside location was a bit noisy. the pool commotion went on till 11 pm each night. Transportation to and from the parks was on time and comfortable. We were on the third floor which is a bit much when you are carrying multiple suitcases. If I was to stay here again I would request an outside room on the bottom floor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

This location is fabulous if you are going to Downtown Disney (not even two miles) or any of the Disney parks. It is right off the highway without being too close and is tucked away on a side street so you are off the main strip and you don't hear traffic or noise at all. There are TONS of restaurants within walking distance and a grocery store literally next door to stock up on necessities. Parking is free and plentiful. We felt completely safe at this location.

We stayed in the two bedroom suite which has a living room space and a kitchen between the two rooms. Each room had its own tv, bathroom and closet. (One closet was large enough to fit a crib for those with young ones, though it did not have a door. ) The kitchen has everything you would need, a microwave, toaster, dishes, glasses, a full sized fridge, stove, dishwasher....the perfect setup for those wishing to buy groceries to save a little bit of money versus going out for every meal. They provided a small bottle of dish soap for those wondering if you need to bring your own. There was also a little coffee maker in room.

Breakfast was the same each day save for the rotating meat choice between sausage and bacon. There were pancakes, a few cereal choices, small doughnuts, assorted breads and scrambled eggs as well as bananas and hard boiled eggs. I must eat wheat free so the latter two choices were my only options all five mornings we stayed but I do understand that they cannot cater to all diets.

Tuesday through Thursday nights they have a "happy hour" in the breakfast area and guests can enjoy beer or wine and a snack. The night we attended there were chips and salsa and guacamole. It was quite nice, all free of charge. (Honor system for age, they accepted tips.) There is a lovely courtyard to sit in and even grills if you want to follow this up with a BBQ on your own.

The pool was great. Always clean with ample clean towels and seating. If was never too busy or overcrowded during our stay. There is a kiddie pool for the little ones and it is gated for safety.

I loved participating in the little lending library...you could exchange a book you've read for another, such a great resource for good vacation reads!

All maintenance and cleaning staff we encountered were super friendly and helpful. We never were able to have our room cleaned due to them coming so late in the afternoon (between 2:30 & 5) as it always was during my kids nap times but they did exchange our towels and emptied our trashes at the door each day. (Meaning I cannot speak to the housekeeping other than when we moved the furniture to "corral" the kids we found two pills and some other trash.)

There were two things that I'd say need to be addressed at stay-bridge suites to make it a five star from me. First off the carpets were in DiRE need of a good cleaning. My young babies were crawling all over the place and their pajamas were RuinED by the carpets. The knees and elbows were all black from the rubbing against the carpet. I debated looking for places with hardwoods or tile to stay for this reason but wanted to stay in the IHG brand and so our choices were limited. I had to throw out the pajamas they wore around the suite and I couldn't dress them in cute outfits unless we were running out the door for fear of ruining them so those with young ones should be aware. I do have pictures I can upload upon request.

The second negative was the check in experience. I had called ahead asking for an early check in and was was first told it would not be a problem and on my second call was told we could come early and "might" be able to get into the roo, but could at least use the pool while we waited. Having three children under three we desperately need to get the kids in and into their beds for their naps. We were not allowed in as they claimed the room wasn't ready and had to sit in the car for over two hours (after an 11 hour ride you can imagine it was not pleasant...) I kept checking back explaining our dilemma but there seemed to be some disconnect between staff members. The girl at the front desk seemed to be new and the supervisor was quite unpleasant ( on both days I encountered her.) The girl would check a clipboard and then call housekeeping and ask them to check but never seemed to get a straight answer if the room was ready and no effort was made to follow up. I was told we "were not guaranteed check in before 4 pm" when I expressed discontent. It was just frustrating because the room, once we were allowed in did not smell of cleaner or antiseptic of any sort. (We were not let in until after 4 pm when I checked back a fourth time though I'd given her my number to call me in the car once it was ready.) It appeared to have been ready for some time. It also did not have the cribs that I'd requested in it after all of this. (I had put it on the booking info, called ahead about it AnD reminded her at the front desk.) So we then waited on those to be brought up for our long awaited naps. This process I just think could've been a great deal smoother if communication between the front staff and the cleaning people was a little better.

Would we stay here again? Heck yes! We will just pack old pajamas for the kids and plan our arrival for a later time. Overall it was an amazing place with lots of room in a great location. I've already recommended it to friends...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family