My family and I stayed in the 2bdrm Suite for a week, this suite was very comfortable for 3 teenagers and 2 adults. The grounds of the hotel are kept very nice, I saw the gardener almost every morning taking care of the grounds. It's in a great location directly across the street from a shopping complex and kiddy corner to Walgreens, Joe's Crab Shack, Chilli's and a few other restaurants are within a short walk. Our room was very clean and had modern décor. We were very happy with the household items in the kitchen area. The housekeeping was very efficient, they do a "light" housekeeping most of the days we were there and then a deep cleaning once a week or in the middle of our stay. We were even surprised after our 1st day of housekeeping that they had done all of our dishes from the night before. The only complaint I would have about the room is that there is only 1 control for the a/c in the living area, and to get the adjacent bedrooms at a comfortable level it would take making the living area very cold.
Our room was directly off of the pool on the 1st floor, there is a privacy wall that allows for our doorway to not be directly viewed by the pool patrons. However there was at least 1-2 nights were it was hard to get to sleep, before 11pm due to the noise from the pool area. They do close the pool down at 1100pm and they are pretty prompt on doing so. The pool area was kept very clean and the pool was really warm! So much so that our kids complained it was too warm, apparently the week before we came was quite a bit cooler and they had raised the temperature of the pool to compensate. But as soon as we told the desk clerk it was immediately corrected, and the temp lowered within a day. They also had a box full of pool toys (I assume these were items left behind by patrons), but the kids loved having access to toys to entertain themselves.
The breakfast was very good and sufficient for our family of 5, the offered all the staples of a continental breakfast and alternated items so you didn't get the same stuff every day (for example they would serve bacon or sausage, apples or bananas, muffins or donuts). The serving area is kept very clean and organized they even offer paper bowls/plates if you want to take the food back to your room. There is plenty of dining space in the breakfast area or out on the covered patio. The greatest thing for us was the length of time they offer it I think it started at 0600 or 0700 and went until 1000! Most hotels only run it for an hour or 2. The also offered free beer/wine and appetizers on Tuesday-Thursday evenings for a few hours. We don't drink so I can not attest to the quality of the alcohol but it seemed there was a fair amount of people enjoying the beverages and the appetizers were very tasty and liked by our family.
The offer a free shuttle to the Disney Parks and while it's hard to complain about free transportation there were some small issues. One being that the shuttles only ran a few times in the am and then 1-2 times in the evening. Making it impossible if you want to leave the park in the early afternoon. Also the late pickups where about 15 minutes after the fireworks, there was no way your going to make it from the park to bus location in that time especially with the crowds. Secondly the bus picked up from a few different hotels so more than once there where not enough seats for the amount of folks on the bus. With that said the shuttle transportation company was pretty awesome one of the mornings the bus had a flat tire and they sent black vans to pick up the individual families and get them to the park with very little delay. Also if you ask the hotel will arrange individual rides with this company if you want to travel to the park off of the set shuttle schedule, the cost is only a few $ more than a cab and well worth it the drivers are more professional and personable than the cab drivers we used the first day.
Overall I would rate this a great hotel especially for families or groups, the 2 full beds in the 2nd bedroom are a huge plus! Usually with 3 kids one always ends up on a roll away or a sofa bed, having a real bed was a huge plus for our family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista is the perfect spot to choose as your home base for your next Disney Vacation. Located in the Lake Buena Vista Resort Area, the hotel is just one mile from the magic of the Walt Disney World; Resort. Our Signature Two Bedroom/Two Bath Suites provide comfort and convenience for everyone in the family. Other attractions nearby include Universal Orlando and Sea World. Convenience and comfort abound at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista. With this convenient location you'll find numerous restaurants, shops, and small attractions are either within walking distance or just a short drive away. On property you will find recently redecorated suites, an inviting lobby area, beautifully landscaped grounds, courtyards, gazebo sitting area, a heated swimming pool, children's pool, jacuzzi, video game room, as well as laundry facilities. Our Disney Vacation Packages offer flexibility and money saving options. Magic Your Way Tickets offer each family the ability to customize their tickets for their next Disney Vacation. Getting to the parks is also no problem, with the complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the four Walt Disney World Parks. Our Reservation Sales Agents are standing by to help you plan your next magical Orlando Vacation. Call our Orlando Reservations Office at (800)866-4549 and make Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, Your Place! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Staybridge Suites