Hotel has had some renovations and updates since I visited last time, but is still limited by basic 1970’s Marriott-Residence-Inn-design with multiple buildings, lots of exterior stairways and NO ELEVATORS. I cannot climb stairs, so was assigned an accessible ADA-equipped room on the ground floor. The room was actually a three-room suite with two bedrooms, and living room/kitchenette. Lots of space and very clean and nice. Recent renovations apparent. The upper floors are wood, and I had a family of foot-stompers above me that made lots of noise. Ask for a top floor if you do not mind the exercise of moving all your luggage from the car up the stairs to the top. The top floor should be quieter and probably with a higher ceiling if they used the old Marriott design when built.
The king bed had a massive wooden headboard fastened to the wall, supporting end tables on each side. I appreciated the extra power outlet strip on one side with extra USB plugs to recharge phones and tablets. However the lack of craftsmanship was evident on the other side of the bed where the headboard rubbed against the existing wall phone jack, and someone had simply pounded it in place with a hammer until it was broken and falling off the wall. The previous guest had left the alarm ON in the alarm clock beside the bed with a 4am wakeup. Guess how I know this! Shame on me for not checking it before bedtime.
The rack rate $160 cost is a little higher than some of the completion in the area such as HI Express, Comfort Inn (and other Choice Hotels), etc. but offers much more space and therefore greater value. There is free food and drinks to further offset the higher room cost. Managers Reception (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) with food, beer, wine, and soft drinks. Hot breakfast every morning until 10:30am…about an hour later than most hotels around here. Breakfast room was noisy, and filled to overflowing to the lobby, Business Center, and outside by the fountain area. Most guests did not speak English nor were they very polite this morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista is the perfect spot to choose as your home base for your next Disney Vacation. Located in the Lake Buena Vista Resort Area, the hotel is just one mile from the magic of the Walt Disney World; Resort. Our Signature Two Bedroom/Two Bath Suites provide comfort and convenience for everyone in the family. Other attractions nearby include Universal Orlando and Sea World. Convenience and comfort abound at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista. With this convenient location you'll find numerous restaurants, shops, and small attractions are either within walking distance or just a short drive away. On property you will find recently redecorated suites, an inviting lobby area, beautifully landscaped grounds, courtyards, gazebo sitting area, a heated swimming pool, children's pool, jacuzzi, video game room, as well as laundry facilities. Our Disney Vacation Packages offer flexibility and money saving options. Magic Your Way Tickets offer each family the ability to customize their tickets for their next Disney Vacation. Getting to the parks is also no problem, with the complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the four Walt Disney World Parks. Our Reservation Sales Agents are standing by to help you plan your next magical Orlando Vacation. Call our Orlando Reservations Office at (800)866-4549 and make Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, Your Place! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Staybridge Suites