Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$187
$159
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$493
$391
Travelocity
2,809 results
All reviewswinn dixiebedroom suitedisney parksfull kitchenno elevatorpool toysfree breakfastthird floorlake buena vistaevery morningown bathroomolive gardenlaundry roomyogurthot breakfastliving areanear disney
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Since we planned to rent a car and wouldn't need in-park transportation, we decided that we would get more value for our money by staying off-site during our visit to DisneyWorld. For less than we would have paid for a Disney hotel, we got a suite with a king sized bed, nice living room/dining area/kitchen, and a hot breakfast buffet included in the room price. It was nice to have a place to come back to and relax after spending all day and evening in the parks. There was a grocery store and liquor store in the shopping plaza next to the hotel, a good mexican restaurant and a good pizza place in the shopping plaza on the other side, and a large Walgreen's across the street, very convenient. We enjoyed soaking in the hot tub after our days in the parks, but it was hotter than most, so we couldn't stay in very long. My only real complaint was that the free wi-fi was abysmally slow, and we had to keep logging back in every few minutes. Although we didn't end up using it, it was nice to know that this hotel has a laundry room, which is good for extended trips. I also like that the sink/vanity area was outside the toilet/bathroom - there was also a large closet area. Soundproofing was very good, too, we never heard any of our neighbors.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have a problem with stairs, request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank srsbtraveler
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love Staybridge Suites for the large comfortable rooms when traveling. This one was just recently updated and completely modern and comfortable. I love having a full kitchen available if I end up staying for a few nights. I will defintely stay here again.

Negatives: Close to Walt Disney World - traffic can get heavy from 4-6pm. Also outside entrances, and go up 3 floors with no elevator. So if you travel like I do (typical woman) ask for a main floor.

Free snacks in the evening (during the week nights) and nice breakfast available. Dunkin Donuts is across street, and Ale House is within walking distance.

Room Tip: No elevators, and rooms go up to 3rd floor. Walk up steps - be prepared.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank orreo5859
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently completed a week long stay at the Staybridge Suites in Orlando, FL's Lake Buena Vista area. The hotel is about 15-20 mins from the Orlando Airport (there is no free shuttle), and off of a great street super close to the Magic Kingdom entrance and near plenty of restaurants and shops. The hotel has been recently renovated and it really showed in the rooms and the lobby, but not all areas.
I was there with a small group for business meetings, and the entire staff was very helpful in advance in reserving meetings rooms and arranging for food. My first small issue does start with the meeting room itself. While fully functional, it had not been updated like the rest of the hotel, and felt outdated. It was nice that they provided extra power strips for our group and a PC projector and screen at no extra charge. My second complaint was with the hotel food. As part of our meeting we had lunch and snacks ordered. While the woman looking after our group was super friendly and kept making sure everything was okay, the food itself was pretty terrible. The lunch sandwiches and wraps were pretty boring and not very fresh tasting. The side of potato salad was the nastiest thing I've ever eaten. Even the free breakfast in the morning was not up to the quality of other Staybridge Suites that I have stayed at recently.
We had a 2 bedroom/2 Bath suite and the suite itself was very nice, comfortable and modern. The bed as always in a Staybridge, was very comfortable. I didn't use the kitchen for cooking, but it was nice to have the fridge and freezer for snacks. But there were a few small issues for such a new room. The closet had a weird funk smell coming from the carpet. And the overhead fan in the bathroom was broken, meaning I also had no lights when showering. Lastly, the tub did not drain well at all, so I stood in a good size puddle of water when showering. Oh and the remote for the TV didn't work! The remote looked like it was from 1980 and barely worked.
The hotel grounds were very nice, and since the weather was perfect, we went into the hot tub and pool every night. The hot tub was really hot, which was very relaxing. One word of caution...if you are a light sleeper ask for a room not facing the pool area, as I could see how it could be quite noisy at night.
All in all, while a comfortable stay, I think the small issues were enough so that I might try a different hotel the next time I am in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool area could be noisy at night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank ChewInRI
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Rusttribe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you have encountered in your room and our restaurant service. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is our 2nd time staying at this hotel and it was just as great as it was the first time.. All the up grades that they were doing to the hotel were all done and we were excited to stay in a new renovated room.. We love that it has the bedrooms seperate from living room and full kitchen.. Also love that they offer full breakfast every morning as well.. Having the grocery store right across the street, 10mins from pretty much all the parks, Downtown Disney, Outlet mall is wonderful!! Thank you again for another great stay for our holiday:)

Room Tip: Take the Trio room if you have more then just the two of you, that way everyone can have a bed!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank MedicineHatBeachbum
Reviewed January 27, 2013

From living place of view this place is ok: huge rooms, all clean, full kitchen, free parking, laundry and other stuff.

Only two problems really affected my stay:
- internet is awful, you are very lucky if you are able to have a Skype call, forget about video ones.
- you can hear steps, cars and voices from outside quite clear, which makes you wake up several times a night.

Room Tip: So ask for top floor rooms with windows not on passages to minimize outside noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple