“great breakfast ,great service”

Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #18 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 22, 2013

if you want to relax and save time at the supermarket shopping for breakfast food this is the place to be,there breakfast is fantastic.the service is tops and people are so helpful.if you want some real good advice see Giovanni at the help information desk he should be able to guide you to the right direction,a real helpful and informative person,with a great personality.
the pool and the warm spa was our relaxation after a hard day of walking around the disney parks.
Lovely relaxing atmosphere, and close to supermarket,dining out facilities...supreme stay, highly recommended.

Room Tip: get a room that you dont need to use the steps, if you have a few suitcases its a bit of a chore,gro...
2  Thank Peter J
Write a ReviewReviews (2,742)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights over MLK weekend, two adults and two teens Used points from Capital One, but going rate was $170 for a 2/2 suite. Recently renovated room, thus everything was new. Having a 2/2 was great - gave us privacy and two showers, thus it was quicker to get out in the morning. Full kitchen and small living room area. Both BR's had a TV. Bedrooms were a bit small, as we're the bathrooms. Not a major issue, but just some tight spaces. Free breakfast was the usual stuff, hot eggs and one meat, plus cereal, waffles, pastries, oatmeal and beverages. Plenty of tables and seats, so even though it was crowded, we were able to sit. Used the heated pool and hot tub one night. Both were really nice. Onsite laundry is a plus. WiFi in room was spotty and kept cutting in and out. Disney tickets available at service desk, for regular price, which saved us some time buying tickets. The area was a bit congested with traffic, especially near I4 interchange. Plenty of restaurants nearby. If in the area i would consider staying here again as I liked the 2/2.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank kckiss
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This newly renovated Staybridge hits the mark givng you a warm condo-like feel. It is totally modern, upscale and chic. The staff has always been and continues to be friendly and helpful. The free breakfast bar needs work as sliced, cold, canned ham does not work well with a waffle and needs refreshing for serving the same flavor yogurt and fruit. If you like unsupportive pillows for your head, then you will be fine. This is a great place for a small family on a weekend or week-long Disney trip. The pool is huge; the hot tub was closed. There is even a Tiki Bar when the weather is warm.

Room Tip: Bldg 21 2nd Floor was very quiet
2  Thank ROBERT F
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel 7 different times now and last year I wrote a very positive review gave the hotel an excellent rating. I come back to write another review just to inform you about the changes that have happened since my stay at this hotel in November 2011. Most things I talk about are just little details, so this update is more for those of you who have stayed at this hotel before the renovation.

Before I talk about the finer details of the hotel which have changed for better or for worse, I want to warn everyone about the changes in wifi and breakfast. This hotel's wifi used to be useful, but is now slow. Watching videos and using apps was frustrating and a 3.5 GB film took 12 hours to download (I plugged in my phone and left it on overnight). Although I don't hold complimentary breakfast at a hotel this cheap at a very high standard, I must say that the eggs, bacon, and fruit offered here are now borderline inedible.

I pulled up to the hotel to find that the whole exterior had been repainted and men were hard at work repainting the front door as I stepped through it. I think I may have overlooked the age of the place when I stayed before, but now that it has been renovated it finally looks nice.

A front desk employee was busy talking to the company that supplied one of the hotel's printers so my family and I waited quietly in the lobby for over 10 minutes before we could check in (we have never had to wait previously).

Despite the hotel's 4pm check in time, we were told our room wasn't ready at about 4
:30 so we had to spend about an hour killing time until it was.

The room renovation looked good, except the wall behind the stove's hood fan was left unpainted and stood out. Also, the new flooring in the bathroom feels uncomfortably cold in the morning.

The pool looks nice with new lighting and the removal of the hot tub gazebo makes things feel more open. The thing that surprised me, though, was the temperature of the hot tub. My hot tub at home usually sits at around 105F and automatically shuts down at 110F. By the feel of it, this hotel's hot tub was circulating water at a temperature of 110F or more every night I went in it. Fortunately, the swimming pool is a more comfortable temperature than I remember it being.

So it's not like I'm furious that there have been changes at this hotel and I will most definitely be returning. I just think that the overall quality of this hotel has taken a step down and I hope to see it return to normal shortly.

2  Thank Superguy1221
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Superguy1221,

Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to post your detailed review about our hotel. We are pleased you appreciate the renovation of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with our facilities and the services you received. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 30, 2012

2nd time here with family and it's great...plenty of space and love having kitchen. Rooms very very clean. Recommend a two room suite for those traveling with kids-more room for all and extra bath is nice. Free hot breakfast is a Great value for families!!! Staff was very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I really dislike sharing such a well kept secret, but since I rely on reviews--it must be told. First, I took my family of five to include my 6 year old son and my handicapped father. I have been to WDW many times, and have always stayed in Kissimmee. I actually planned to stay on the property, but due to some last minute changes--a villa would've been too expensive. As a result, i made it a goal to find a room with a living room, kitchen and two bedrooms for less money. The staybridge suites exceeded my expectations as they met all of the requirements plus bonuses like a pool, whirlpool, and a hot breakfast---all a hop, skip and jump away from WDW! I mean you couldn't ask for anything more---really. I highly reccomend this hotel to anyone. I will definitely stay here again. I also had to stay at embassy for a night due to non-availability--and, I recommend staybridge over it on any day. One thing though...check your oven on the first day as ours didn't work, but we figured that out on the last day. Happy traveling.

Marty

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Marty460
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is the fourth time we have stayed at this Hotel and were completely satisfied again. Suites have been updated and although waiting for new flatscreen TV's, they were excellent. Staff were friendly and always willing to help. The breakfast is a bonus in that you can get out to the parks early ready to go rather than looking for somewhere to eat. Some of the breakfast room staff have been there since our first trip (2005) which I think speaks for the Hotels reliability. (My only wish would be that some mornings they did fried eggs rather than scrambled - but I am British)
Hotel is Ideally situated for the parks and Downtown Disney is just round the corner and could easily be gotten to on foot. There is a Walgreens and Winndixie beside the Hotel which is really useful, however they are not intrusive to the Hotel. Also there is a Sizzlers and Olive Garden within walking distance. Easy access to I4 and a back road onto International Drive. Swimming Pool excellent open till 11pm which is ideal and also a gym.
I honestly cannot praise this Hotel enough.

Room Tip: Rooms round the pool cost a bit more. However Car park and Hotel in general is well lit. Felt very s...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family