“Aging but MAJOR Renovation started April 2012”

Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #18 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Noticed the aging of the furnishings but was pleased to learn they will be starting a major renovation starting April 2012. We stayed 5 nights this visit.

The two bedroom suites have lots of space & are nice for families to spread out and rooms are adequate, but show that they are headed into a renovation. Full kitchen and the Winn Dixue grocery store is just beside the hotel across a small street- great to have real meals while travelling.

On check in they explain the green housekeeping policy- basically quick clean- make beds & change towels then on 3rd day vacuum & clean counters. 7th day change sheets- you can call housekeeping at any time if you need something additional. Having stayed in Orlando many times all the hotels seem to be going this way to cut down time per room- at the 5 area hotels we have stayed at all have had issues with getting the room cleaned in the 4-6 hours we are out during the day.

Pool is heated to 83 so nice to go swimming even in winter!! Often Orlando hotels SAY they heat their outdoor pools to 80, but the pool heater just can't keep up with the pool size so the pool is more like mid 70s December to March- their pool honestly is well heated all winter long!!

Staff are freindly and most have been at the hotel a long time- a good sign in this day & age!

I think the towel oragami on our arrival may have been done because we have stayed several times in the past. It was a very nice touch.

I'm looking forward to the renovations being completed & would stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevator so keep that in mind.
3  Thank Jane D
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista

Reviewed November 23, 2011

We picked this place because of the great reviews and the free breakfast. We had a 2 bedroom suite, perfect for us, our kids, and grandson. Our suite had a full kitchen! We ate dinner out or ordered in most of the time, but made sandwiches to take to the parks. If we had had to buy that breakfast buffet at a restaurant, it would have probably cost us $70 a day! Yes, the eggs could have been better, but they also had make-your-own waffles plus bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, coffees, teas, the most extensive free breakfast I've ever seen at a hotel. The staff were amazing. If there was any worker near you when you approached a door, they would quickly come over, open the door for you and greet you. It seems as if they know the better they treat you, the better their reputation and the better their business. I would definitely go back there again and again.

3  Thank Linda W
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I guess I was a little unlucky. When I checked in this week, they were upgrading their computer system so the process had to be done manually and took a lot longer. The employees were friendly and efficient though.

When I checked out 2 days later, they could not print a statement as the upgrade did not go so well. The front desk person asked if I could come back in 30 minutes if I wanted the statement. Really? Upon pressing, another employee walked by and printed the statement in the back office. The first employee said the computer has been acting up since the upgrade. The strange thing is then how come they were not prepared for it and work out the alternative of printing in the back office?

The high speed Internet worked very well (I used the wired version and I think a wireless version is also available). The location is not bad for Walt Disney World and close to some restaurants, supermarkets and stores.

This is one of these properties with individual buildings so you walk outside and there is no elevator if you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Construction is cheap - the room below me probably did not have its alarm clock turned off when they did the cleaning and I heard it going all morning (and heard it was I walked past the door). Room did not smell so great - strong cleaning agent/bleach smell. Bed is comfortable. In room safe is a good thing. Decor is dated.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My wife, two young kids and I stayed here for six nights. Location is great - one interstate exit from Disney, about 15 to 20 minutes from Universal And about one hour from Legoland, which was our kids favorite park of the bunch (age 7 and 4).

Having two bedrooms and two bathrooms is great with the kids. They enjoyed having their own room to play in and watch TV (3 TVs - not flat screens but who cares?).

I don't like hotels, and have walked out of places that I didn't find clean enough. This place was acceptable. The bathrooms are small and the tile is 80s vintage but it is clean. The carpet seems new-ish and I felt comfortable that my young son could play with his cars on the floor.

So this place is a solid 3 - coming from someone fairly picky - and for the price it is a great value.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Pickypickypickyman
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I loved Staybridge Suites! My husband and I, our two young sons and my parents all stayed together in a two-bedroom suite which was very spacious! My husband and I commented that it was roomier than some apartments! Each room had its own bathroom, which is great for everyone and saved time when we were all getting ready at the same time to head out sightseeing. The bathroom was a bit small, but just to get a shower or bathe the kids it was sufficient. The beds were comfortable, however, I was not a fan of the pillows; I thought they felt like marshmallows for how soft they were. I had to put a pillow from the sofa into the pillow sham to firm it up a bit, as I’ve been having neck problems lately. I’d have brought my own, but I tend to leave them behind so I decided against it. Upon request, the hotel provided a crib for our 18-month old, which was made of metal and appeared to be safe by the new government reg’s. While it was a bit on the small side, it was fine for him and he slept great in it every night. The kitchen was clean, and silverware, glasses, coffee mugs and plates were provided in the cabinets along with a refrigerator and stove, and a dishwasher, which we didn’t use. My 5 year-old son slept on the pullout sofa bed, and his only complaint was that the clock on the wall above him kept him awake. He said the bed was comfortable. We enjoyed the free buffet breakfast every morning, which offered different hot selections like eggs/omelets, bacon, ham, and sausage, as well as cereal, toast, muffins, donuts and a waffle maker. The food was good, and none of us had any complaints or problems. We did not get to go to any of the evening “sun-downer” events that the hotel offers during the week, as we were enjoying Disney World, but just the fact that they were offered seemed nice. I used the laundry room and found it to be clean, the machines easy to use, and a few different products available both free (I assume left behind by other guests) & for purchase. I bought some snacks from the shop and thought it was a bit pricy ($4 for a bag of Doritos and a 20 oz. Diet Coke). They have different toiletries, etc., available for purchase, which are good in an emergency, but if you can wait, go to Walgreens across the street or Winn-Dixie in the plaza around the corner. There are lots of different restaurants in the area, also, to satisfy the pickiest of eaters. We also noticed there was a medical clinic across the street, which is good to know should an emergency arise. My father took my one son to the pool one day and said it was nice and clean (and warm). In all, I’d say I really enjoyed my stay and would not only stay here again in the future, but would recommend it to others. It’s only about 10-15 minute drive to the parks, and is right around the corner from Downtown Disney.

2  Thank rockgoddess919
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I brought my family (wife and daughters 13 and 6) for a 8 nights to this hotel mostly chosen due to positive reviews from this site. Please note that I travel for work frequently and used Priority Club Points to pay for this stay (160,000 points). The biggest negative on this stay is that I requested a two bedroom suite and only got a one bedroom. As you will notice on previous reviews you can only get to the bathroom in a one bedroom suite through the bedroom. It makes it difficult in the middle of the night. After shouldering a 6 year old through amusement parks all day it was not a lot of fun to sleep on the couch.

Plus-
This is a great property with a staff that is always looking to help. Rooms and linens are kept extremely well for the age of this property. The amount of people from other countries make this a wonderful place to make interesting and amazing new friends. Mid week sundowner parties allow extra interaction. The pool is kept really warm, even during the off season. I spent a fortune on theme park tickets- but my kids loved the pool area. The breakfast will save you a lot of money (sorry, it is coming in my negatives). I am told that a property "refresh" is happening. I would stay here regardless. Although dated, a great stay. Giordonnos (spelling?) in the mall across the street has wonderful deep dish pizzas. You can not beat the location of this property!

Negatives-
The pool is kept warm so the need for chlorine is greater- make sure your kids have goggles (really inexpensive goggles available in the mall across the street). Most of the breakfast food is really bad (scrambled eggs, meats, etc.). Rely on waffles and fresh fruit to fuel your day. I was lucky enough to get a room next to where the breakfast truck delivery truck parked on the first floor. I would walk stairs any day of the week to not have to listen to the truck at 5:30 every morning. As a Priority Club member who earns over 250,000 points per year, I am shocked I did not recieve and uprgrade.

I have stayed at a number of properties in this area and can tell you that this ranks among my favorites.

Room Tip: Que up in the waffle line first for breakfast.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank psopsic
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This is our second stay at this location and we have nothing bad to say at all. 2 bedroom trio suite was fabulous. Asked for pool area room. We like being near the pool. If you don't want to hear people having fun until 11pm don't ask to stay near the pool. It can be a loud area but no complaints here we LOVE being near the pool. Lots to choose from for breakfast. We had one issue with our in-room safe and someone was there within 5 min to fix it. Close to plenty of restaurants, mini golf, 24 hour pharmacy across the road, grocery and liquor store on the street behind, and close to downtown Disney and Universal. So convenient and everyone is so nice there!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family