I won bidding on priceline.com at $65 per night. After I found out the hotel name, I immediately went to read reviews and had mixed feelings about the hotel. I call the hotel and requested non-smoking room (con: smoking is allowed in certain rooms). I knew that I had to pay resort fee $15 per day plus parking (valet $20 per day or self-park $12). With self-park you'll pay $12 each time you come back to the garage. When we arrive we were greeted by friendly valet staff who informed us about the parking options (we, of course, chose valet). There is currently construction of new tower going on, so self-parking is too far away from the hotel entrance.
We were greeted by friendly staff at the reception desk and were asked if we wanted to upgrade to concierge room. Upgrade includes a room on one of the top three floors (exclusive access to the floors with your room key); continental breakfast (7-9am M-F; 8-10am on weekends) and heavy o'rderves 5:30-7pm; valet parking; access to gym; sauna. We chose an upgrade at $55 per night. It was soooo totally worth the money, because we didn't have to think about our breakfast and dinner (for some of the evenings). We traveled with a child who also enjoyed every bit of this stay.
This hotel is known for duck march, which occur daily at 11am and 5pm. Our kid got selected as an honorary duck master to guide ducks on the red carpet. For a kid, this is an unforgettable moment.
Pools are also great, not too crowded. Kiddy pool is also excellent.
We didn't use the gym (didn't feel like working out on vacation).
Room is average size, TV needs upgrading. Rooms size reminded me of a cruise cabin (the one that has a balcony).
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort Close to All the Fun & Adventure! Hyatt Regency Orlando is an iconic hotel located in the heart of everything Orlando, Florida has to offer: theme parks, shopping, dining, nightlife and so much more. We've got something for everyone from two sparkling pools, a waterside & waterfall, a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour StayFit Gym, 7 dining & lounge options, and a customer service driven team awaiting your arrival. What Makes a Seamless Stay: • AAA Four Diamond Accommodations: 1,641 guestrooms and suites, with upgrades including view and club level rooms • Resort Pools: Complete with waterslide, waterfall, splash pad, separate kiddie pool area and cabanas available for rent • Location on International Drive: Guests receive two daily I-Ride Trolley tickets to nearby I-Drive locations including Pointe Orlando, I-Drive 360, SeaWorld and Aquatica. • Enjoy Orlando Attractions: We are minutes from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld. • Vibrant Dining: Choose from five Full- Service Dining outlets, two bars, a grab & go and 24 hr. room service. Our pools, spa and sunshine are calling your name. Book with us today to make memories that will last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl