“Wonderful”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #33 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 31, 2009

One of the best experiences. Wonderful staff, cozy and elegant bedrooms, huge king size bed. The duck march is very cute. We got an excellent rate through a hotel site and were extremely pleased at everything.The swimming pool is great and the jacuzzi right beside it is just paradise. I have already recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (6,058)

Reviewed August 21, 2009

We were recently in Orlando for a convention/vacation, and we spent 8 nights at the Peabody. Upon our arrival, I was impressed with the beautiful foyer and friendly staff. We had a bit of a rocky start getting to a satisfactory room (the first one smelled strongly of paint), but when we called the front desk, they immediately sent someone up to help us move. Once we were settled, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The room was quiet and clean, and the beds were comfortable. We had access to two flat screen TVs (one in the bedroom and another in the bathroom). The bathroom was a good size - large enough to fit two adults trying to get ready in the morning. We also appreciated the bathrobes, daily bottles of water, and nightly turn-down service.

We stayed on one of the club level floors with access to the lounge where continental breakfast, hors d’oeuvres, cookies, and drinks were served throughout the day. Every time we had the opportunity to, we took advantage of and enjoyed the yummy continental breakfast. We also had access to the well-equipped fitness center which my husband enjoyed thoroughly.

Also, during our stay...we had an excellent dinner at Capriccio and several good meals at the B-Line Diner. We took advantage of the complimentary I-Trolley passes and used them at least once a day to get around Orlando. And, we were able to catch the duck march a few times. Very cute! (So cute that I had to purchase a duck toy from the gift shop for our baby boy. It became his favorite toy on the airplane home!)

Overall, we really enjoyed our time at the Peabody and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank LilLinda
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Admittedly stayed at this hotel years ago, but recently visited to see the famous Ducks parade into their pool and did not care for the renovations. All surface parking appears to be permanently gone—replaced with garages. More depressingly, the inside common areas are visually cramped with walls and staircases jutting every which way. My memories of the Peabody Orlando were of wide concourses (a la a nice airport terminal). Perhaps memory is failing, but I was not impressed. Even the “fun” diner was tucked into a corner that almost made it feel like it was not part of the hotel. FYI—the ducks are poorly trained and essentially just run to their food in the pool.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2009

What an elegant hotel - the staff is great, the rooms are so comfortable (I wanted to take the bed home with me). The food is amazing too. We did the wine course dinner on Friday night - full of locals which I love on vacation. Make sure you catch the march of the ducks!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I stayed at the Peabody for two night in July 09 for a trade show at the Orange County Convention Center, which is conveniently located directly across the street. This was great because I could run back to the hotel for lunch since trade show food offerings are less than desirable, as well as dump things I'd picked up in the morning out of my bag to make more room for the afternoon.

Also convenient was the beautiful, sunny, spacious lobby where I could meet up with friends & colleagues at day's end. I highly recommend the hummus as a snack while sipping. A fun bonus was getting to watch the famous Peabody ducks that are in the lobby fountain all day do their red carpet waddle as they returned via their own elevator to their penthouse pond suite.

I dined in the restaurant Capriccio both nights of my stay. It was excellent and reasonable overall. I had breakfast in the B-Line Diner and found it to be good as well (I would, however skip the oatmeal). At the entrance to the B-Line diner there is a handy take-away counter where you can grab pre-made sandwiches, snacks & drinks. There is a good pool-side grille also.

I hadn't stayed in this hotel for a few years and recalled the rooms being much nicer. Maybe it was my room (#767), maybe it was that I've stayed in some even nicer places since, but as nice as the rooms are, I felt mine was a little tired and likely in need of an update in the next year or so. The halls smelled a little old too.

Here's what I liked about the room: The bed was comfy with a down comforter under the sheet for extra cushy feeling. I liked that they offer you the option to not have your linens changed every day and to reuse your towels if you wish in order to help save resources. NY Times outside the door each morning. Fairly well-stocked mini bar (just in case :-). Despite the fact that there was a dry cleaning box & chlid's ball under the TV cabinet when I checked in, the room was clean.

Here's what I didn't care for so much: No magnifying mirror in the bathroom. You have to expect some noise from other rooms, but the plumbing from the other rooms was excessively loud. There was a TV on the bathroom counter taking up precious space. (I realize some may find this a plus; I'd rather have a magnifying mirror). I had received a good rate through the convention I was attending and was told that a variety of services would not be available to me with this rate unless I wanted to pay for them - I don't recall what all they were because I didn't really care about any of them, but I recall Internet Access, International Drive shuttle, gym access, morning lobby coffee being on the list with a few others. Nobody stopped me from getting a cup of coffee in the lobby :-) which was good since there is no coffee making equipment in the room. I was also charged $20+ tax per night to valet my car which I felt was a little excessive. I could have self-parked, but it was quite a hike, it was very hot, so I gave in and valeted.

Service throughout the hotel staff was excellent. I discovered rather late in the evening on the first night that my TV remote did not work. It was late and I didn't want to deal with calling down to get it fixed, so I called the front desk and reported it the following morning. When I returned to the hotel later that day it was fixed and there was a message on my room phone telling me it had been done.

I would stay here again if I had a convention to attend or a special event at the Peabody itself. Overall, it is a beautiful hotel at which to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I am currently staying at the Peabody. It is a nice hotel with comfy rooms. The lobby is elegant with marble floors and granite countertops. There is live music going on in the lobby. The bar appeared busy along with some activity going on in the lobby. The hotel also has some restaurants in it. The room I am staying in is very clean it has some wear and tear. The carpet has stains and it is fraying against the wall. The room is in need of renovation because the wear and tear is not acceptable for what this hotel normally charges a night and defiantly not for its stature. The bathroom has a nice granite countertop with a t.v. The bathroom was clean but, I found several stray hairs. The tile around the bathtub is also starting to grow mold. The bed is very comfortable with lots of pillows.
I received a rate of $87 on hotwire. Honestly the hotel is worth $87 but, not more. The hotel charges an extra $15 a night for a hotel service fee. All that is included in this fee is 800 calls, internet access, shoe shine, coffee in the lobby in the morning, two bottles of water, trolley tickets, and access to their fitness center. The average person will never use any of the above except for the bottled water. Their website states that the room was supposed to have a refrigerator and microwave in it which it does have a refrigerator however; it is only for its mini bar. Their website doesn’t mention this but, to have a refrigerator and microwave for you to use it is an extra $15 a night a piece. Then you have to either pay $20 for valet parking or $12 to pay in a parking garage. After taxes along with the parking and hotel fees it is almost $150 a night. If you need a refrigerator and microwave it will be almost $200 a night. Most hotels in Orlando offer all the above for free with lower rates and also have very nice rooms.
Orlando has a very large selection of excellent hotels so there is no need to settle on this one considering what they charge. I am not saying this is not a nice place to stay but, I don’t highly recommend it either.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank lakecity211
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We had booked into another hotel in St. Augustine. While the other hotel was a "nice place" on this trip they did not have their act together. We decided to move to the Peabody in Orlando and spend a couple days at this beautiful hotel.

The rooms are great, the service wonderful, and they were very accomodating by placing a small fridge in the room to hold some medications.

Don't miss the Duck Parade! If you have a small child ask if they can be an honorary duck master!

There is construction onsite, but there was no noise that bothered us at anytime during our stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family