This Hyatt is indeed lovely. When you walk into the lobby, it is big and open and clean and shiny. (The gorgeous, sparkly chandelier to the right in the lobby is so pretty!)
Check in was fast, and the woman was friendly. Check out was equally pleasant.
We stayed on the club level, and it was wonderful having access to the various refreshments and food throughout the day. The staff in there are very courteous.
Having stayed at this property when it was The Peabody and also once (without kids) after it was turned into a Hyatt, there are a couple things that will make me think twice about staying here again even if it is a lovely hotel....
1.) The valet fee and the resort fee added on almost $50 per night. A bit pricey in my opinion.
2.) The queen beds cannot be a true queen size. Maybe I just haven't seen a queen sized mattress in a long time and they've made them smaller? (and yes, I was in a 2 queen room rather than a 2 doubles room). It was not comfortable because the beds were so small. Even the two kids felt cramped. Also, while I appreciate the reasoning behind their two sheets sandwiching a comforter system, (so that their comforters are "cleaner" for the next guest), the sheets kept bunching and wrinkling and getting so knotted up. Again, uncomfortable.
3.) You can hear other peoples doors slam. All. Night. Long.
So yes, while the hotel is lovely, and the restaurants on site are overall great, I'm not sure I'd stay here as a family again. Unless we could afford two rooms so that we could actually sleep comfortably.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort Close to All the Fun & Adventure! Hyatt Regency Orlando is an iconic hotel located in the heart of everything Orlando, Florida has to offer: theme parks, shopping, dining, nightlife and so much more. We've got something for everyone from two sparkling pools, a waterside & waterfall, a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour StayFit Gym, 7 dining & lounge options, and a customer service driven team awaiting your arrival. What Makes a Seamless Stay: • AAA Four Diamond Accommodations: 1,641 guestrooms and suites, with upgrades including view and club level rooms • Resort Pools: Complete with waterslide, waterfall, splash pad, separate kiddie pool area and cabanas available for rent • Location on International Drive: Guests receive two daily I-Ride Trolley tickets to nearby I-Drive locations including Pointe Orlando, I-Drive 360, SeaWorld and Aquatica. • Enjoy Orlando Attractions: We are minutes from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld. • Vibrant Dining: Choose from five Full- Service Dining outlets, two bars, a grab & go and 24 hr. room service. Our pools, spa and sunshine are calling your name. Book with us today to make memories that will last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl