“Lovely hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This Hyatt is indeed lovely. When you walk into the lobby, it is big and open and clean and shiny. (The gorgeous, sparkly chandelier to the right in the lobby is so pretty!)
Check in was fast, and the woman was friendly. Check out was equally pleasant.

We stayed on the club level, and it was wonderful having access to the various refreshments and food throughout the day. The staff in there are very courteous.

Having stayed at this property when it was The Peabody and also once (without kids) after it was turned into a Hyatt, there are a couple things that will make me think twice about staying here again even if it is a lovely hotel....
1.) The valet fee and the resort fee added on almost $50 per night. A bit pricey in my opinion.
2.) The queen beds cannot be a true queen size. Maybe I just haven't seen a queen sized mattress in a long time and they've made them smaller? (and yes, I was in a 2 queen room rather than a 2 doubles room). It was not comfortable because the beds were so small. Even the two kids felt cramped. Also, while I appreciate the reasoning behind their two sheets sandwiching a comforter system, (so that their comforters are "cleaner" for the next guest), the sheets kept bunching and wrinkling and getting so knotted up. Again, uncomfortable.
3.) You can hear other peoples doors slam. All. Night. Long.
So yes, while the hotel is lovely, and the restaurants on site are overall great, I'm not sure I'd stay here as a family again. Unless we could afford two rooms so that we could actually sleep comfortably.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
I appreciate the kind and candid feedback! It can be hard to have an entire family in one room, we actually have very affordable upgrades since the hotel has 200 suites. There are Metro Suites and even larger rooms that could work better for your family. I would love to show those to you!

I am sorry about doors slamming, that's not a common complaint and I will investigate further.

Overall, we would love the chance to host you agin and if you would contact me before coming, I'll ensure the time spent here is memorable and perfect for you family.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 18, 2014

From the moment I checked in until the time I departed, the Hyatt staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was attending a large conference and the staff managed the crowds very well...they even gave us a standing ovation after our closing ceremony....nice touch . The rooms and common areas were clean and comfortable. Very good food at the B-Line Diner....crazy-good desserts.

• Stayed August 2014
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for the kind words Megan! I'm glad your convention went well. We hope to see you back at Hyatt Regency Orlando soon.

All the best,

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and attentive at every turn. The hotel was nice with bigger than average sized rooms, nice amenities, and a great gym. The gym is awesome with a separate weight area, cardio area, and core training area. The local fitness instructor works well to get people involved in the fitness classes that he puts on and makes it fun and engaging. Only hitch was the slide at the pool. They would only let kids taller than 48" go down the slide, but understand liability these days. Would definitely stay again and plan to.

Green Features: They had separate recycling cans at the elevators so you could recycle if you'd like.
Damian,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Orlando. We look forward to seeing you when you return!

Gibraltar
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed 10 days at this wonderful & beautiful hotel right in International Drive. Our stay was very pleasant & comfortable after long days at the theme parks & would definitely return again! A definite recommendation!

Room Tip: My room was for 3 adults & a teenager. It had 2 double beds, standard, but was extremely comfort...
Catherine,

Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I have traveled all over the world and was previously fprtunate enough to stay in orlando two years ago at what was previously a peabody. I was very excited but upon arrival i realized there were no golf carts to help with luggage (like there used to be), the front desk lady was rude and snippy, my companion and i had to tote our luggage from the parking deck all the way to the hotel only to be completely ignored by all 5 valets who were busy helping one (obviously wealthy woman) out of her sports car. We then proceeded to borrow a luggage cart only to be snapped at by the owner who even told us we were not allowed our luggage if on the cart! Finally, we arrived at our room and went to lie down only to find the tv broken and no remote. Overall, awful.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Maddie H
Maddie,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We have taken many measures to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience and it seems we missed the boat for you, specifically regarding check in and getting your luggage to your room. Our golf carts still exist and I'm sorry we did not accomodate you. I would like to speak with you in person regarding this and your comments of sexist service as I don't believe this to be the cast. Please contact me through social channels or via this channel with contact info if ok.

Best,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt with my husband and two daughters, 11 and 13, for six nights. We had two adjacent rooms on the Club level. Because the Regency Club is so wonderful, we really didn't have much interaction with the rest of the hotel, so this review is primarily about the club. We had breakfast, happy hour, and desserts there almost every night. We were even inspired to leave the theme parks early so we could catch happy hour and dessert. It was the perfect and relaxing end to busy, exhausting days at the parks. The club is quiet, not over-crowded, and the staff is fantastic and super-courteous. Wine and beer are so reasonably priced at $3-4 and it's very good. My family doesn't need or want a cooked-to-order breakfast in the morning, so the offerings of bagels, mini-quiche, fruit, cereals, etc. were just perfect. The happy-hour appetizers are hearty, and often we weren't even hungry for dinner afterwards. Once, we barely made it there before the end of happy hour, and the staff was so kind to leave the buffet table open a little longer for us to enjoy. The club is open 24 hours if you need to get bottled water, coffee, or sodas. I know we saved a LOT of money on food by using the club. We're looking forward to staying at other Hyatts that have the same service. Aside from that, everything else seemed great. The rooms were lovely, the concierge was very helpful, and the pool area is quite nice. We also dined at Coconuts and B-Line. It's pricey as expected for a hotel, but the quality is excellent. The only reason I didn't give five stars is that it doesn't have quite the personalization as a Four Seasons, but it's still a great hotel. But I would say that the club staff are five-stars on their own. They really made the difference in our stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose Club Level.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Andrea S.

Thank you for your thorough review of the Regency Club, I look forward to sharing your experience with our team! Hyatt Hotels & Resorts is pleased to host your next stay.

Brian Comes
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Almost everything was perfect.
The only flaw was housekeeping. Aside from the lack of housekeeping which we encountered. We thoroughly enjoyed our-self's.
The entertainment in the bar was second to none the musicians were excellent. We snacked in the B-Line, good food,limited menu,reasonable priced with friendly efficient service. Tip. When its raining do not sit at the window in the bar looking out onto the front entrance as there is a leak which flows down all the lights onto the furniture there.We had a wonderful holiday here .
I highly recommend a vacation here.

Room Tip: Tower two high floor with pool view. You will get to see Disney fireworks every night
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear seek4it,

Thank you for your review, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate your observations regarding the leak; we will be sure to look into that.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Orlando.

Brian Comes