“Beautiful Hotel in a great location. Great gym and pool.”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #32 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Spent a week at the Hyatt Orlando in March 2014. Very nice hotel with great amenities.

My room was in Tower 2 on the 23rd floor, which is the renovated tower. The room was large, very clean, and had a nice pool view. Beds were clean and comfortable. Nice large flat screen in the room, and another smaller flat screen in the mirror in the bathroom, which was a nice feature. The bathroom was clean and tidy. Nice bathroom amenities. There is a small fridge in room where you can put water, snacks, etc.

The pool is beautiful with a water slide. Plenty of lounge chairs.

The gym is one of the best I have seen in a hotel property. Plenty of cardio and free weights. You can definitely get a full work out in this gym.

There are two bars in the hotel, and three restaurants. The B-Line restaurant is open 24 hrs., and basically serves a full menu from burgers, to pasta, to breakfast anytime. No need to worry about finding a meal if you are out late. Definitely a plus. I did not eat in the Italian restaurant Fiorenzo, but some of my colleagues did and said they had a magnificent meal.

The gift shop is fully stocked with water, snacks, wine, toiletries, etc. It is expensive, but it's hotel pricing, what can I say.

This Hyatt has it all. From great restaurants to bars to pool and spa. It even has a Starbucks style coffee bar. It really lacks nothing.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you are attending an event at the Orange County convention center. The convention center is directly across the street from the Hyatt.

It is great for families as well.

Room Tip: Look for the best rate on booking.com then compare to Hyatt's website. Ask for a high floor f...
1  Thank dfndr90
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

dfndr90,

Thank you for your kind words! We couldn't be prouder of the facilities and staff of this property and love to hear that our guests agree!

Thank you!

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,995)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Spent 5 days here last week. We ended up upgrading to a Regency Club room on arrival and I and very glad we did. With the Club room, you also have access to the Club floor with food and free wifi and TV. We ate breakfast here every morning and it was quite the spread. Very large variety and very good tasting. They also have evening small plates and desserts, which we enjoyed a couple nights and they were great too. Based on the price to upgrade vs the price to eat in the restaurant, it was a great investment. The room was large and clean. There was a small refirigerator, but no microwave. Everything worked properly and our tub was oversized. The bathroom had an additional TV located behind the mirror. The feature I liked the most that when you walked around the room at night (or when the lights were off) there was an automatic nightlight that came on under the nightstand and under the sink in the bathroom. Genius! We were able to purchase our tickets to Disney in the front lobby and they also sell Sea World tickets there, too. They do offer shuttles to Sea World for free and they have a shuttle service to Disney for $10 per a person each way. We had no time to enjoy the pool area but looked really nice and even had a water slide. There was onsite parking, but it is a little walk to the garage - but it you are walking all day at Disney, it's manageable. My husband used the fitness center. The fitness center actually have classes, too. My husband travels a lot for work, and he said this fitness center is the best one he has ever encountered in a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank jppalooza

jppalooza,

Thank you for the great review! It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Regency Club, at the parks, and in our gym! We are very proud of our facilities and hope we have the chance to host you again!

Best,
Brian C

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Recently I was part of the production crew for a corporate event at The Hyatt Regency Orlando. Although I was impressed with the kindness and great customer service of everyone I encountered, I would especially like to thank and commend Luis E. Puertas in the Banquets division.

Crew meals provided at the production site are important to the efficient operation of our productions because they get our crew needed sustenance without spreading them all over town and subjecting them to the vagaries of distraction, traffic jams, slow restaurant service, or whatever else.

Mr. Puertas and his teammates were exceedingly accommodative in attending to our crew's needs. On several different occasions we asked for food to be left out beyond its normal time because some busy crew members had not yet had the chance to eat, and Mr. Puertas and his teammates did so even though I imagine it disrupted their plans or schedules for cleanup. I appreciate it that they were willing to inconvenience themselves to help us.

I am also personally grateful to Mr. Puertas for his gracious reaction when I accidentally hit him in the back with a foam/Nerf football while some of us were playing catch for stress relief during some down time. Instead of getting irritated or angry, Mr. Puertas smiled, laughed, and carried on about his work as if nothing had ever happened.

Mr. Puertas exemplifies the demeanor, attitude, and careful attention to guests' needs, that made it a joy to produce this event at the Hyatt Regency Orlando. He deserves to be generously rewarded for his kindness and great work.

Best regards,

Michael Redman
Network Engineering

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Wow, what great feedback for us regarding an associate. That's what we pride ourselves on the most and when you hear about someone truly making a difference, it warms our hearts! We will make sure to praise Luis and let him know about your comments.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

A very good hotel, excellent rooms and fantastic atmosphere. Best of all, their restaurants. Exceptional service and superb food. One of the best file mignon I have ever had along with a terrific italian Valpolicella. Breakfast at B-line is a must.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We will make sure that our Chef's hear the amazing comments and hope we can host you again!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It's very convenient to the convention center (I was not there for a convention) and lots of restaurants. My room was on the 7th floor and very quiet. The front desk staff and other hotel staff members that I encountered were very kind and accommodating. No matter where you were in the lobby or downstairs, there was always somebody standing by waiting to help. The lobby was very busy. The facility is clean and very easy to get too. The location of this hotel is also very good. Being that this hotel is right across from the convention center, you will most likely have convention goers at the hotel to matter what time of year it is. Also, if you have small children or families, it may be more cost effective to have snacks in your room because the restaurants can become less cost effective for large families.

The parking garage is free for guests but it's a small distance to the front entrance. You can choose valet parking or have one of the gentlemen driving the mini carts take you to and from the parking garage. There is a lot of pedestrian traffic and car traffic on International Drive. If you do not like dealing with traffic, look into riding the trolleys or public transportation.

I enjoyed my stay and will return.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that is not located near the ice machine. My room was not near the ice mac...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Tamara143,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Orlando and for taking the time to share your review.

The perfect 'staycation' from St. Pete to Orlando and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here for business for two nights and my company had made hotel arrangements ahead of time for me, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel is enormous and you would think due to the size that little things would go undone. Not the case at all! Rooms are spotless and spacious. Lobby and restaurants are clean, organized and delicious. I had the Florida fruit plate for in-room dining and I HIGHLY recommend it. I was pleasantly surprised with my stay!

Dear ColieD,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to read you were pleasantly surprised, and hope we made your list of places to return to in the future - for business or pleasure.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here for a conference. My room overlooked the pool and convention center...great view from the 12th floor in tower 1! Room was quiet, despite two major conventions going on. Convenience to the convention center was unbelieable. Staff were great...very friendly and accommodating. Napa Resturant and Rocks Bar were both highlights in the hotel. B-Line Diner very convenient, but Point of Orlando in easy walking distance and I heard that the hotel will even drop off there, too.

Dear earz,

Thank you for your review! I loved reading that you had a great view and experience from our staff and I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Orlando on your next business trip or vacation.

Regards,