“Exceptional Hotel, Wonderful Service”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #28 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Exceptional Hotel, Wonderful Service”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed at Hotel March 20-22. Also used the Hyatt at the Orlando Airport due to a 10 hour flight delay. Without the Hyatt and it's impeccable service our vacation would have really been ruined. They let us stay 3 extra hours in our room after our flight was delayed. At the Airport they actually held our luggage for us and without the wonderful atmosphere of their airport bar and the truly great service of their staff we really would have been irritated and miserable. I give credit to the Hyatt for making our vacation much more of a success than it would have been.

Stayed in the newer towers. Can't say enough about the rooms and the attention to detail. The TV in the bathroom mirror is a wonderful touch as you can watch it from the tub and what a beautiful big tub. You can tell everything in the room has been planned and designed with a careful attention to detail - there are motion sensors that control floor lighting when you get up at night to light your way to the bathroom, the drawers of the credenza slide in automatically, there is a safe, there are comfortable beds and pillows and coffee supplies albeit a big stingy on that front but they are there. The rooms are beautiful, the bathroom is beautiful and the hotel is really beautiful with wide hallways and fast elevators. I don't think there is anything that has been overlooked and staying in this hotel made the last leg of our vacation an outstanding pleasure that we will definitely remember.

The pools - they look to be the best at any of the hotels on International Drive. We discovered we had access to the upper terrace pool which is away from the larger, more crowded pool with the slides, sand etc that may appeal more to children. The upper terrace pool was also large, a little deeper, had a wonderful large hottub and was very pleasant and seemed to be more adult-oriented. Would have been nice if the pool bar was open for cocktails there as there was sufficient demand for them when I was at the pool and many other adults were disappointed they had to seek out beverages inside the hotel. It is a very beautiful pool area with even a smaller pool away from the main one and hot tub so there were lots of places to swim and enjoy oneself. The area was very clean and well taken care of and with the exception of limited services for drinks it was a great relaxing place to spend time.

The bar area - we spent time in the main bar near the registration desk and the service and drinks were great. They have a nice outdoor area as well overlooking the bigger, ground level pool which was nice to sit at. The sound at the bar was interesting at night - although the music was loud you could still have a good conversation as the music funnelled up through the main serving area and provided only background noise so you could actually still have a conversation and be heard. Seemed like a great sound system. Lots of video screens and places for privacy if you wanted them so once again everything designed with a lot of thought and creativity.

The service - had no problem at all checking in but we arrived mid-week so perhaps it was easier. We did read about the new tower where we wanted to stay and phoned in advance of our trip to ensure we were put in that tower and we were readily accommodated which was nice. Often staff would stop to offer us help if we looked lost or confused. Rather surprised how the staff went out of their way to assist us and anticipate our needs.

Room service - well of course it was expensive and after you add on the various charges to your order you end up paying double what you expect but to be fair it was quick and given what we ordered it went beyond our expectations. I ordered a fruit plate which would have fed 3 people and was really a delightful surprise. It was fast and the food was good and if you order room service you know it won't be economical so from that perspective you aren't shocked.

In all staying at the Hyatt and using their facilities made our vacation exceed expectations.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer tower for the great rooms and bathrooms. They are worth experiencing.
1 Thank Debra E
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Debra E.,

Thank you for your review & for choosing two Hyatt properties during your recent visit to Orlando. I was delighted to read your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Brian Comes
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Well ,what can I say. Hyatt continues to deliver on all facets of guest services and personal attention. It starts at the entry way, instead of looking for complicated hard to read signage a pleasant gentleman in a suit and tie directs you to guest parking. Instead of a crowded concierge desk or someone handing you a directional one sheet, one of the 3 guest service personnel escorts you to the pool area.(which by the way is excellent)
Modern and chic lounges and lobby. One of the best locations in the convention center area. Easy walk to Pointe Orlando. This hotel is a true joy in a sea of overcrowded theme park madness.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Tom,

We couldn't have said it better! It means a lot that you took the time to share it with everyone and we hope we can have a chance to host you again.

Leesburg, Georgia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had a week long stay in March 2014 for a business trip. I spent all day, every day inside the hotel and its enormous conference center which adjoins the hotel. It is great because you do not have to walk outside to get to the conference in case of inclement weather.
The good: The hotel is centrally located to everything. You can get out and walk for less than a mile to just about anything you need, in addition to great dining. Self parking is a bit far away from the hotel with luggage if you don't valet, but a very nice and prompt golf cart met me and they loaded my luggage and handled it all. The hotel is spotless! The lobby is huge, but everything you need is close. My room was one of the cleanest I ever stayed in. (And I have had some bad ones elsewhere.) Noise was not an issue at all. Beds are very comfy. I really can't say enough good about this place! The gym, pool and in-house dining are incredible. The staff was friendly and prompt. I have not had service this good since the Four Seasons in St. Louis.
The Bad: Unbelievably - nothing…Not one thing irritated me here. And I am picky!!! No foul odors or errant hairs in the bathroom. Even the elevator was fast and I never waited to get - to and from - the 21st floor! Amazing!!!
Verdict: A very great stay in Orlando for business - and I would say also for pleasure!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 21st floor and had a view over the tennis courts. The window will open slightly to a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Wow! What a complimentary review. We certainly appreciate the time spent writing it and we hope we can have you back for business or pleasure!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Upon check-in we were told that they did not have any king rooms left for the evening. They upgraded us to a Parlor suite (28th floor) for the night. It is a beautiful room with a large bathroom and tv/couch area. The bed is a Murphy bed that comes down from the wall. It as comfortable. We were supposed to move to another room the next day but wired got crossed and we ended up staying another night in the suite. The manager on duty was very accommodating and actually credited us one night for our troubles. We were moved into a king room (15th floor) for the remainder of the trip.

We tried the spa (couples deep tissue massage) and it was great. The spa is really big and it's very calm and relaxing.

We ate at the B-line diner twice, once for breakfast and then again for dinner. For breakfast, we had the egg sandwich and it was excellent! For dinner, we had a burger and the special (beef stroganoff) and it was also very good. The service in the diner was excellent!

We thought the location of the hotel was very good too. It was really close to Universal Studios and if you are a shopper it was a short drive to the Orlando Premium Outlets (Vineland and International Drive).

We used the valet service ($26 a day) instead of the self-parking.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and we were stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and that you were able to take advantage of the many options on property such as the spa!

We are sorry to hear about the issue with the King room, but I'm proud to hear that our front office seemed to find a suitable solution for you. If you need anything else from us or follow up from me, please do send a message and I'd be happy to call or email you.

Best,
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Five stars. Cynthia in the lobby bar made me feel like a VIP. I felt like I was at home. The diner was great for lunch. I miss the ducks in the lobby but the hotel hasn't lost a touch of quality. The rooms are too notch and great views. The pool is loads of fun and the coconut lime drinks were quite refreshing.

Room Tip: Sunny side of the building can get a little hot if you leave your shades open
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
David,

Thank you for the great review. We'll make sure Cyntha hears that you mentioned her as well.

Best,
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I got this place kinda last minute. I think I booked it 2 days in advanced. We went to disney for New Years saw the fireworks. Then came here to check in. By the time we got here it was like 2am. As we were checking in the lady said all she has available is a sofa bed. I'm like what? A sofa bed? Are we staying in a room with someone else? How the hell? My reservation says a double bed room? She basically said that was all they had left. Now I live 3.5 hours away driving. So I was just like what ever we will just take it and get the hell outa there in the morning.
Got to the room and took one look at the bed. Saw that it was actually just a pulled out sofa bed and the room had NO bed and walked right out. I threw the keys they had given us. And told them I would rather drive 3.5 hours (at 3am now) to get home then to sleep in that excuse of a room. Thankfully the company I booked it from refunded all my money. But yea. Never again.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Paul38848
Monticello, Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The room was comfortable. The hot tub on the recreation level was nice (but a bit hard to find until we asked at the concierge desk). The hotel is within walking distance to several restaurants, a nice outdoor shopping mall, and mini-golf.

Room Tip: Check the hotel website for seasonal rates; the cost was about $20 cheaper than what was advertised...
1 Thank A D
Thank you for providing such great feedback! We hope to see you back as a guest of ours very soon.

Brian C