Stayed at Hotel March 20-22. Also used the Hyatt at the Orlando Airport due to a 10 hour flight delay. Without the Hyatt and it's impeccable service our vacation would have really been ruined. They let us stay 3 extra hours in our room after our flight was delayed. At the Airport they actually held our luggage for us and without the wonderful atmosphere of their airport bar and the truly great service of their staff we really would have been irritated and miserable. I give credit to the Hyatt for making our vacation much more of a success than it would have been.
Stayed in the newer towers. Can't say enough about the rooms and the attention to detail. The TV in the bathroom mirror is a wonderful touch as you can watch it from the tub and what a beautiful big tub. You can tell everything in the room has been planned and designed with a careful attention to detail - there are motion sensors that control floor lighting when you get up at night to light your way to the bathroom, the drawers of the credenza slide in automatically, there is a safe, there are comfortable beds and pillows and coffee supplies albeit a big stingy on that front but they are there. The rooms are beautiful, the bathroom is beautiful and the hotel is really beautiful with wide hallways and fast elevators. I don't think there is anything that has been overlooked and staying in this hotel made the last leg of our vacation an outstanding pleasure that we will definitely remember.
The pools - they look to be the best at any of the hotels on International Drive. We discovered we had access to the upper terrace pool which is away from the larger, more crowded pool with the slides, sand etc that may appeal more to children. The upper terrace pool was also large, a little deeper, had a wonderful large hottub and was very pleasant and seemed to be more adult-oriented. Would have been nice if the pool bar was open for cocktails there as there was sufficient demand for them when I was at the pool and many other adults were disappointed they had to seek out beverages inside the hotel. It is a very beautiful pool area with even a smaller pool away from the main one and hot tub so there were lots of places to swim and enjoy oneself. The area was very clean and well taken care of and with the exception of limited services for drinks it was a great relaxing place to spend time.
The bar area - we spent time in the main bar near the registration desk and the service and drinks were great. They have a nice outdoor area as well overlooking the bigger, ground level pool which was nice to sit at. The sound at the bar was interesting at night - although the music was loud you could still have a good conversation as the music funnelled up through the main serving area and provided only background noise so you could actually still have a conversation and be heard. Seemed like a great sound system. Lots of video screens and places for privacy if you wanted them so once again everything designed with a lot of thought and creativity.
The service - had no problem at all checking in but we arrived mid-week so perhaps it was easier. We did read about the new tower where we wanted to stay and phoned in advance of our trip to ensure we were put in that tower and we were readily accommodated which was nice. Often staff would stop to offer us help if we looked lost or confused. Rather surprised how the staff went out of their way to assist us and anticipate our needs.
Room service - well of course it was expensive and after you add on the various charges to your order you end up paying double what you expect but to be fair it was quick and given what we ordered it went beyond our expectations. I ordered a fruit plate which would have fed 3 people and was really a delightful surprise. It was fast and the food was good and if you order room service you know it won't be economical so from that perspective you aren't shocked.
In all staying at the Hyatt and using their facilities made our vacation exceed expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort Close to All the Fun & Adventure! Hyatt Regency Orlando is an iconic hotel located in the heart of everything Orlando, Florida has to offer: theme parks, shopping, dining, nightlife and so much more. We've got something for everyone from two sparkling pools, a waterside & waterfall, a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour StayFit Gym, 7 dining & lounge options, and a customer service driven team awaiting your arrival. What Makes a Seamless Stay: • AAA Four Diamond Accommodations: 1,641 guestrooms and suites, with upgrades including view and club level rooms • Resort Pools: Complete with waterslide, waterfall, splash pad, separate kiddie pool area and cabanas available for rent • Location on International Drive: Guests receive two daily I-Ride Trolley tickets to nearby I-Drive locations including Pointe Orlando, I-Drive 360, SeaWorld and Aquatica. • Enjoy Orlando Attractions: We are minutes from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld. • Vibrant Dining: Choose from five Full- Service Dining outlets, two bars, a grab & go and 24 hr. room service. Our pools, spa and sunshine are calling your name. Book with us today to make memories that will last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl